Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2017, 10:51 AM

18 posts, read 12,670 times

Advertisements

So I have recently been talking with ''Alex'' a friend I know from university, and I was talking about myself and that I had a Boyfriend ''Steve'' for some time now, and Since ''Alex'' was asking me, I decided To approach the moment and clear my doubts and see if he spilled something about my boyfriend, because I always saw my boyfriend as a sketchy/mysterious person, Like if he was hiding a different life from me or something…., and “Alex” happens to know my ex boyfriend from university because they studied the same career.

It would not cross ''Alex'' mind in a million years that ''Steve'' and I were Bf/gf, because he transfered to another univeristy when ''Steve'' and I started going out /so he lost contact with all his previous university student friends. My boyfriend “Steve” lived with a male roommate named ''Robert'' because it was cheaper, and ''Alex'' happened to be their door to door neighbor some time ago for a long time. “Alex” was not their friend, he just knew them from university and because they were neighbors,they happen to study the same career, talked casually, etc.

So I mentioned to “Alex” By the way I think you know who my boyfriend is” and he said No, what is his name?” and I said “Steve”, remember the turkish guy with very dark hair, and he replied, "I don’t remember him to be honest” and I said, "how could you not remember if I saw you two speak from time to time in our studying center” so ''Alex'' did not seem invested in telling me anything,to me he seemed he was changing the topic, . So I decided to mention him the roommmate “Robert” with whom my boyfriend “Steve” lived with, and he replied” Ohhh yeah yeah, of course I know “Robert” ’,,But I still can’t recall any “Steve” , I really can't remember him. the funny part is that he does not even make an attempt to remember him.

And then he said in a weird tone ”But uhm you know “Robert” he is a good person, but he is into a weird/crazy kind of ambiance, ”and sorry to tell you this,but If your boyfriend “Steve” lived with “Robert” as roommates, I really don’t even want to imagine the type of person that he is ’ Considering that ''Robert'' is not a good influence, he is a LOW LIFE kind of person and smokes lot's of weed. I do belive ''Alex'' cause I have heard it from other people as well.

If he said this, honestly it sounds like ''Steve'' my bf was in some weird thing and that would explain all of his mysteriousness, everytime I went to the apartment that “Robert” and him shared as roommates,the apartment was always dark, and he Never wanted me to make any noise when walking inside or when leaving and also he always told me to wait outside the apartment, so he can check if everything was alright inside the apartment,This was everytime I went there. And he even got mad and screamed at me when I confronted him about all this mystery with “Robert” and why I never saw him or why so much weirdness overall. Maybe I should try one last time and send him a Pic of ''Steve''. then we will see what he comes up with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 11:14 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,870,170 times
You refer to your boyfriend as being "sketchy"? Why are you even dating him all?

Old 04-20-2017, 11:31 AM

18 posts, read 12,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
You refer to your boyfriend as being "sketchy"? Why are you even dating him all?

Well at the beginning I did not see this side of him, its been more now, into the relationship, where I have seen this mystery side of him. they say true colors show in a year of relationship.

Old 04-20-2017, 11:47 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,870,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love_wingsxo View Post
Well at the beginning I did not see this side of him, its been more now, into the relationship, where I have seen this mystery side of him. they say true colors show in a year of relationship.
Sketchy =/= Mysterious.

If at the end of a year of a relationship, and you have the adjective to describe a BF as "sketchy", it's not a good relationship to have. Never mind his association with some curious/strange people. You're talking to a person who doesn't really know your boyfriend and using it as a judgment against your boyfriend-- are you digging for reasons to break up? "Sketchy" alone should be enough.

Old 04-21-2017, 05:54 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,344,993 times
In one sentence he is your current boyfriend. In another sentence he is your ex-boyfriend. Personally I think you should stick with the second sentence: "ex-boyfriend."

Old 04-21-2017, 08:38 PM

586 posts, read 554,576 times
I think I would sell my soul to see you write a cover letter.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:18 PM

926 posts, read 828,217 times
Didn't read but I don't think I would trust anyone that says everyone who smokes weed is a low life?

Old 04-21-2017, 10:42 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,830,784 times
Sounds to me like you are fishing for dirt on your ex. Moving on would be much more productive, don't you think so?

Old 04-21-2017, 10:52 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
Sounds to me like you are fishing for dirt on your ex. Moving on would be much more productive, don't you think so?
Agreed. Who cares about someone that screamed at them and told them to wait outside anyway?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships