Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 09:59 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Normal women don't need to use OLD and there's is no man shortage anywhere in the country. Even rural areas have more single men than women since this is where a lot of blue collar workers are and so on.

Again...not about "need," so much as preference.

And, having spent a significant chunk of my single/dating years living and working EXTREMELY rurally, and having grown up rurally, online dating was probably the MOST preferable then. As an educated, professional single woman, I wasn't anymore interested in dating the blue collar single men in my cohort than they were in dating me. It doesn't really matter how the numbers are, in or out of your favor, if the singles available aren't what you're looking for or vice versa (Oh, also, not for nothing, but I've done my share of factory work, and a whole lot of blue collar workers are women).

There being "no single man shortage" anywhere, is hardly the point. There are very few people whose dating criteria begins and ends with "is single."

Old 04-27-2017, 10:08 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I would refer to you one of the threads about women and being approached then you're most likely doing something wrong. Normal women don't need to use OLD and there's is no man shortage anywhere in the country. Even rural areas have more single men than women since this is where a lot of blue collar workers are and so on.

When I'm out on the town in the city I see women getting approached constantly and the vast majority of the time the women do not even welcome it. I'm not trying to pick on you but a lot of times when attractive women say they don't get approached, what they mean is, they don't get approached by their perfect dream man.
Except you're wrong. Plenty of normal women use OLD.

Or, some use it as a supplement to approaching IRL.

Old 04-28-2017, 01:21 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper View Post
Where did the OP go?

If he's still reading, I just wanted to add a comment to perhaps enhance your OLD experience.

Be sure to include more than one picture. If you only have one picture posted then I assume you're spam.
Write a few lines about yourself and what you're looking for in a partner. If you don't write ANY details, then I figure you're either again spam, a troll or looking for a ONS.

Cut the arrogance and be more open. I went out on dates with men who took terrible pictures but wrote a few witty lines in their profile.
He's gone back to " Lucy's " to buy that bear ( RE his profile picture ) as he's seen ALL the female attention he's had on this thread

Old 04-28-2017, 04:25 AM

1,537 posts, read 1,913,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
I don't see women get approached out in public either, especially average looking ones. But I even see good looking women at the gym working out by themselves, and men don't go up and talk to them. Unfortunately (though it may be a good thing), that is the world we live in. The cold approach is tough for a guy, and rarely yields positive results.

Now, a bar/lounge/club, that's a different story entirely. Average women get approached consistently from what I've observed over the years (and believe me, I observe haha).

Men, of course, do not get approached much at all in public or at bars. I think we can more or less agree on that. But we're used to that and are not complaining (at least, I'm not complaining).
Being average looking is the worst for women because in day to day life they are invisible to men. However, you've also got "resting ***** face" women, who always look mad so nobody approaches them. After that you've got your severe looking women who usually have the pulled back hair, usually professionally dressed, and also looking like they shouldn't be approached. Then you have women with headphones or staring at their phones that aren't likely to get approached much simply because most guys don't know how to break through that wall the women have put up. Overweight women are a no go for most men after a certain point (unless very drunk or horny). Then you've got the issue of alternative looking women with the loud hair colors, tribal piercings, and tattoos, which was popular for a while, but a more traditional look seems to be wanted at the moment. Single mothers are another thing many guys are not interested in going after.

You even have drop dead gorgeous women who won't get approached much in the day because she's so good looking.

So, yeah, there's a lot more than just ugly vs. attractive at work here.

After all the stuff on the woman's side you've got the fact that guys just don't approach that much anymore since the bar has been raised and they'd rather not deal with whatever negative things a lot of women have to offer a guy when he makes an attempt to talk to her.

I've been in a bar with a girl sitting there swiping on her dating app and bitching to her girlfriends she can't find any good guys, while in the meantime there's a dozen guys staring at her and clutching their beers just too timid to go up and say anything to her.

It's like some sort of perverse adult version of an old fashioned Jr. High School dance where the guys and girls were too frightened to dance or talk with one another.

There's a whole subculture of guys who go to less technologically obsessed, more old world, countries just to date now because the women are friendlier to just talking with another human. Of course on the opposite side of that you have Japan, which is even more technologically focused, has guys who have completely given up, and birthrates so low that you can put a date on the year the population will be completely wiped out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikegal View Post
All I get is clueless people, asking if I'm ok, because I'm just standing there looking at the river, or the trees, or whatever.

It just feels depressing and hopeless going outside, when everyone (especially guys) are always glued to their phones. I feel like an alien living in some bad science-fiction movie. Or like a dinosaur, going extinct. Of course, it doesn't help when you've always felt like you must not be pretty enough, because guys don't seem interested. And now it's worse, because they're on their phones all the time, so they don't have to deal with all the "ugo's" out there.

But like I mentioned, since everyone is on their phones all the time...now it's like, if you're alone and not glued to a phone or something...people think, what's wrong with you?
You might have "resting troubled face" where people constantly think something's wrong, but it's just how you look?

The phone thing kills me. At work all my co-workers are on their phones at lunch...texting...each other while surfing the net. Yes, you read that correctly, they are sitting in the same room texting rather than just talking to each other.

Another thing that hasn't been brought up yet is age. Some perfectly good women simply get to an age where they start to look old(er), which is usually around 30-35, and since a lot of guys are shallow she's no longer an option.

Personally I have had to deal with this lately as an older Millennial. I seem to become more in demand, but my female friends who are starting to lose their looks are becoming invisible/short-term dating material only. And as far as dating I can still date at any age, but younger girls largely lack the personality, whereas older ones are now lacking in the looks department.

Old 04-28-2017, 05:06 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Maybe I'm actually a hideous troll and don't know it, but I actually do not get approached on any sort of a regular basis by any men at all. I'm not in my 20s and I don't go to nightclubs (never have.) Maybe men are looking at me and thinking thoughts, but they're not starting conversations or doing anything else, and I do have pleasant interactions with men that never go any further. This idea that all women have to have a bodyguard in order to get through the crowds of prospects every time they leave the house really has to die.
I completely agree. I have not had a date in at least a year. And I am always out and about.

Old 04-28-2017, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
I agree with you (and the other poster who unfortunately lost her husband), and I'm a guy. I don't see women get approached out in public either, especially average looking ones. But I even see good looking women at the gym working out by themselves, and men don't go up and talk to them. Unfortunately (though it may be a good thing), that is the world we live in. The cold approach is tough for a guy, and rarely yields positive results.

Now, a bar/lounge/club, that's a different story entirely. Average women get approached consistently from what I've observed over the years (and believe me, I observe haha).

Men, of course, do not get approached much at all in public or at bars. I think we can more or less agree on that. But we're used to that and are not complaining (at least, I'm not complaining).
BS. I was in a bar last night for two hours, and a winery on Saturday for 3. Not one guy approached me.

Old 04-28-2017, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin65 View Post
Maybe you should go a bar at happy hour and have a drink. Men in their middle ages (30-50) have given up on OLD and realize they are far too many men versus women on OLD, so they gave up. Any man with some self esteem and money in his pocket to go out and live life has given up posting pictures and writing letters to women on the world wide web. And they are back in the bar.

Trust me. I'm one of them. Over 6 figure income all my toes and fingers and well equipped. Just wondering what the hell just like you. And the bars where I go there are at least 20 of me and only 2 females with enough courage to come to the bar rather than sit at home or in Starbucks looking at their phone. It's like this all over America.
Please pm me the location of this particular bar.

Old 04-28-2017, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin65 View Post
Men don't either. They would just prefer to go to the local bar and chat with friends, men or women, rather than go home and look at their phone. They can look at the phone sporadically at the bar if they choose.

Females haven't figured this out. They're scared to speak to someone right in front of them but would prefer to text someone 50 miles away who is watching TV and looking at your pics while his wife is in the other room.
Ok well this chick loves the bar. I have even been told previously I need to find a man somewhere other than a bar. But I still like drinking and I like the bar when I am thirsty. And since alcohol is my stress reliever...

Yet I never find single men, that are looking for women in bars. And I will even drive an hour to go to different bars.

Old 04-28-2017, 05:17 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Ok well this chick loves the bar. I have even been told previously I need to find a man somewhere other than a bar. But I still like drinking and I like the bar when I am thirsty. And since alcohol is my stress reliever...

Yet I never find single men, that are looking for women in bars. And I will even drive an hour to go to different bars.
How do you get home after a skin full?

Old 04-28-2017, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Port Pitt Ash View Post

The phone thing kills me. At work all my co-workers are on their phones at lunch...texting...each other while surfing the net. Yes, you read that correctly, they are sitting in the same room texting rather than just talking to each other.
That is because they are talking about someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships