Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 08:24 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,508,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
All I can say on this subject is that I prefer a woman to have a higher pitched voiced. I do not like it when women have deep voices and sound like men and it seems like the percentage of women with a deep manly voice is increasing these days. What is causing this anyway ... growth hormones in manufactured food?
you know people can talk higher or lower, right? just look at paris hilton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2017, 11:38 PM

9 posts, read 11,448 times
I emailed with a guy on yahoo personals way back when. Neither of us had a photo up, but we really clicked thru writing. After a couple weeks we talked on phone and OMG he had this really low sexy manly voice!

He was mostly bald when we finally met and first saw him. That was 13 years ago, been married for 12 yrs now. He still has low sexy voice, and a lot less hair

Old 04-25-2017, 11:46 PM

35,095 posts, read 50,976,071 times
No, it takes much more than a voice.

Old 04-26-2017, 12:46 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,682,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
No, it takes much more than a voice.
Yes but of course.

But what is in a voice when you have body language?

Move yer body!

Old 04-26-2017, 06:07 PM

926 posts, read 669,650 times
Wow...a LOT of thoughtful and interesting responses to my thread! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has experienced this phenomenon!

As some of you have stated, it takes a combination of personality traits, physical mannerisms and visual - as well as audible - aspects of a person to comprise the complete package of total attraction.

However, during my travels in life, I have found that I've experienced immediate and unexplained attraction (and amazing sexual/physical/emotional chemistry) to particular guys that didn't follow any general pattern or platform with regard to attraction...and sometimes I feel stumped and frustrated that I can't really articulate why or how these attractions occurred!

Old 04-26-2017, 08:03 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,303,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Mod cut: Orphaned.

Everyone has one. States have them.Philly to Nevada.

Love the British Accents! And then some.

Lol silly.
Lmao@that comment.
Damn voices in your head again.

I like bald men and deep voices. Do you still have his number? Lol

Mod cut: Orphaned.

He's ok.Tyreese did it for me. (Roman)

I've been all over the states, my accents are confused.

Old 04-26-2017, 08:35 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,537,880 times
I do voiceover work from time to time, and every so often a random woman in line in whatever situation will ask me if I'm an actor or if I read ebooks for a living. I only got into voiceovers because a guy I met while working long ago loved my voice and gave me his card, telling me he was in the industry. The biggest thing I've done is voice a minor bad guy in a Grand Theft Auto game, and I currently host a video series discussing total nerd stuff for young people (and new,older fans) taking an interest in superheroes with the current popularity of the Marvel and upcoming DC films.

The site is not monetized, so we're not getting any money at all for clicks on it, just sharing (for any fellow readers who grew up reading Marvel and DC).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnOZ...4pF_GDluN12jJe

Last edited by BobCaldwell; 04-26-2017 at 08:58 PM..

Old 04-26-2017, 08:43 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,538,304 times
if this was case i'd date every female operator i ever spoke to.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:40 PM

4,153 posts, read 4,393,673 times
For me it has happened but then meeting or seeing them can be a real let down.

A couple examples:
In mid 90s when I first started a new job that required travel, I am in San Diego (usually stayed at Marriott affiliated hotels) late at night and call the registration desk for a wake up call. I get this very nice 'bedroom' like voice combined with personality that we continue talking for about 5-7 minutes with pleasant repartee and I finally ask the woman, "when do you get off work? And would you like to go someplace for a coffee and talk more?"

Well, I learned my lesson, she was about 80-100 pounds overweight. Her face was ok if she would have lost the weight but it was classic case of having a great voice for dial a 1-900 number. I still made a point of being personable and getting to know her somewhat while we sat at an outdoor casual eatery along the bay which she suggested close to the hotel. Needless to say, my image of her based on the voice and the reality were night and day!

In a different job I worked in production coordinator role and me and a male co worker would have to place monthly orders for supplies. We'd each comment about how the women we interacted with to place the orders (or when we had questions) - these were pre PC days and ordering was slightly more complicated on the terminals we used combined with telephone. Finally after about a year of interaction and flirting over the phone we'd made a request under some auspice for them to send us a photo. Well, they sent a photo of them (three of them) from some Halloween party and needless to say even with the costumes the luster of our visions were dashed.

Most recent examples I can think of I had seen them at same time. On flight late last summer the Czech flight attendant on return to Prague every announcement was aurally divine to my ears and had a feline like beauty to match, slender, fit, sitting in jump seat about 5-6 feet away the length of trip. She moved with exquisite grace and fluidity with large accepting eyes.

The spookiest one was about 2 months ago I get a phone call at work and as I'm speaking to this woman and something about her voice simply made me feel so young and that spring had sprung, a la, the Frank Sinatra song. So after I get off the call, I google her and she's practically a doppelganger of the first woman I ever loved! Unfortunately, now I'm old enough to be her father so pursuing anything is a moot point but it was quite pleasing and twilight zone like unsettling.

I think what usually gets me about a woman's voice is a slight playful kittenish bedroom quality in her natural inflection and tone. It can be very pleasing and distracting at the same time as one's thoughts conjure up all manner of delightful imagery...

Then of course there are the accents. Something about certain one's coupled with sweetness and warmth is so pleasant and attractive. I've actually complimented female customer service reps often times for their voices (most recent example the woman was from Kansas and was working in an Oklahoma call center- and even one guy who I told should be in broadcasting as he had that well projected resonating voice you hear on prominent broadcasters.

And if we're talking accents .... can't forget this thread.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/world...l#post29414574

and this famous classic Hollywood exchange

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKwP7y5s1aw

Old 06-04-2017, 02:58 PM

221 posts, read 190,790 times
Had new account on distribution route. Confirmation was needed where to meet as gain access via employee entry. Questions were answered with a voice I spent days anticipating, eagerly desiring to be formally introduced. Approaching her work area I was flabbergasted to find myself staring at a split image of my boss. It was her identical twin sister, different last name, of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships