Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 04:56 AM

55 posts, read 152,445 times

Advertisements

My husband and I have been married for 5 years. He has been sneaking out in the middle of the night and lying to me. Then he confessed he has feelings for another woman and doesn't love me anymore and wants out of our marriage. He said he's been checked out of our marriage for a long time but never talked to me about it or wanted counseling. I have tried to kick him out of the house but he refuses saying "it's his house too and has a right to be there." We have a 3 and 1 year old and says he wants to remain friends for the kids. I feel betrayed from his cheating and lying. I'm trying to hold it together and haven't ate or slept since this happened. It's interesting living in the house while he continues to leave to meet that girl. When does the healing begin? How can I remain friends with someone like this? Do things get easier? Right now I'm a mess and trying to heal and do the right thing for my children. Feeling so broken and lost..I always thought marriage was forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2017, 05:23 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
I have strong doubts that you can heal under these circumstances.
He is giving you no consideration by telling you that you're just going to have to live with it.
Get a lawyer and file for divorce.
You don't have to be friends in order to remain civil for the kid's sakes but to share the house while he lives like he is single is not something most can be expected to do unless they both wanted it

Old 04-25-2017, 06:02 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungrl01 View Post
My husband and I have been married for 5 years. He has been sneaking out in the middle of the night and lying to me. Then he confessed he has feelings for another woman and doesn't love me anymore and wants out of our marriage. He said he's been checked out of our marriage for a long time but never talked to me about it or wanted counseling. I have tried to kick him out of the house but he refuses saying "it's his house too and has a right to be there." We have a 3 and 1 year old and says he wants to remain friends for the kids. I feel betrayed from his cheating and lying. I'm trying to hold it together and haven't ate or slept since this happened. It's interesting living in the house while he continues to leave to meet that girl. When does the healing begin? How can I remain friends with someone like this? Do things get easier? Right now I'm a mess and trying to heal and do the right thing for my children. Feeling so broken and lost..I always thought marriage was forever.
Sweet Girl, I know what your going thru....things will get easier when he leaves, then begins the healing process, the time of that process is different for all of us. And yes, the hurt of betrayal, is a deep inbedded hurt....I never want to feel that kind of pain again.

He is right on one thing, try and be a lady thru this, regardless....maybe you can find a grief counseling for people going thru separation and divorce.

There will come a time, when you look back and decide, (sometimes when you think you lost, you really won)

Now, instead of blaming him, this is what I did....I took a vacation, my very first alone. It took me a long time to work up to doing things on my own. But that time will come for you. Go out to dinner by yourself, this will be your pampering time girl. Pamper you....and make that time possible. Make a list of things you always wanted to do, small things first, then maybe bigger things later, depending on your pocket book. But what you do not want to do, and I say this in all seriousness, do not try to replace what you lost with another warm body. It won't work and you'll hurt others along the way doing so.

Never feel revenge, remorse yes, there will be a grieving period for the loss of a spouse, and it isn't easy...it's not him your grieving, you are grieving the loss of your entire identity, that you gave up for him to be a wife and mother. Your still a mother, but we women, give up a part of who we were, and that is what takes so long to find...

There will come an awakening time, when you have to face the fact that he wasn't solely to blame. You have to figure out, why you chose someone to trust with your heart, who wasn't mentally compatible.

Me, it came from my childhood. I sat in front of an endless azure blue sea and never felt the closeness to God as I felt at that time...and believe that is the time I found myself. It was hugely spiritual, while realizing, that he, (meaning my now ex) did the very best he was able to do, mentally, due to the way he was raised) but, why did I accept so little, why did I marry someone who wasn't capable of treating me the way he should have, and why did I, allow him to treat me the way I did. In there lies your answers.

The answers to all your questions, won't come from him, they lay in waiting within yourself. We all have this idea of what we think a marriage should be, and it is up to you, to mature, and grow from this, so you don't make the same mistake again.

Make sure, you go to every possible length to find yourself, and do self examination, before you get involved with anyone.

Do not ever marry for all the wrong reasons. Put your children before any replacement of a relationship.

There isn't anything you can't do, if you put your mind to it.

Wishing you the best and believe me, it will get better.

One thing, it bothers me, that he wants to stay there....he is a snake for doing so.
Don't you leave until you meet with an attorney first.
and then do not do anything out of revenge....share everything and make him help you with the kids...but do not take him to the cleaners, regardless of what anyone tells you.

One more thing, do not ever, use the children to hurt him. Allow them to be with him when they want...even if it hurts....unless of course, he is abusive....but never play tug of war with them....

Always ask them where they want to be, and make certain, you never show them the hurt you feel, if they decide they want to be with him.

Hugs.

Old 04-25-2017, 11:17 AM

It's been so hard living with someone who doesn't love you and is messing around.

Old 04-25-2017, 11:22 AM

6,556 posts, read 8,381,935 times
Quote:
The healing isn't going to begin until you're separated/divorced and not sharing a house. See a divorce attorney ASAP to find out what your options are. For the moment, stop being sad and broken and get pissed/angry/mad. Go on the offensive, not the defensive.

Old 04-25-2017, 11:22 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
It's been so hard living with someone who doesn't love you and is messing around.
Aww.... I bet.

You be the best Mom you can be right now.

(((Hugs)))

Old 04-25-2017, 11:23 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
The healing isn't going to begin until you're separated/divorced and not sharing a house. See a divorce attorney ASAP to find out what your options are. For the moment, stop being sad and broken and get pissed/angry/mad. Go on the offensive, not the defensive.
Absolutely agree with this!

Old 04-25-2017, 11:25 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,255,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
The healing isn't going to begin until you're separated/divorced and not sharing a house. See a divorce attorney ASAP to find out what your options are.
This. ^^^

Old 04-25-2017, 11:30 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
See a lawyer. How long were you planning to let this continue, before facing the fact that divorce is in the cards, OP? The problem isn't going to solve itself. You're going to have to be the one to change the status quo. Do you work? How are you going to pay for the lawyer; write checks on your husband's account? Charge it to your joint card with him? That should be interesting. In any case, the first consult is usually free, so you can discuss payment with the lawyer, as well.

Old 04-25-2017, 11:41 AM

Yes I have a job and I have a joint and individual bank account. My family offered to pay for lawyer. I thought my spouse and I would work things out. I know naive right?! I believe in the institute of marriage and when he told me he wanted to work things out but was lying and seeing that girl..yeah I guess I knew the writing on the wall. He wants us to be friends for the kids but don't think I can do that given he lied and cheated. He cares nothing for my feelings or any thing but himself. I asked him to leave house he said "no this is my house too and my kids and you can't make me leave" So that is what I'm dealing with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships