Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 01:25 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Sure, but she does not look like the average 63-year-old woman.
She's an exceptionally intelligent, beautiful woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 01:27 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
One final comment: Why is this French relationship so offensive to you guys, but Donald Trump and Melania's relationship (who have the exact same age difference) seems to be okay with their supporters? LOL see...hypocritical...
Touché.

Old 04-26-2017, 01:38 AM

2,761 posts, read 2,227,987 times
I find the relationship disgusting because of how they met. To me it's an abuse of power. As a teacher she should have never kept in touch with him even though they were no longer teacher/student.

IMO he's like a guy who falls in love with the person they lose their virginity to. I've known guys who mistake sex for love. I guess he never wanted children.

Old 04-26-2017, 01:43 AM

52,200 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
One final comment: Why is this French relationship so offensive to you guys, but Donald Trump and Melania's relationship (who have the exact same age difference) seems to be okay with their supporters? LOL see...hypocritical...
Pretty much everything the orange tinted buffoon does annoys me, in terms of his younger wife, so what, that's just another nail in the coffin as far as I'm concerned.

I've long since been sorta anti big age gaps in relationships, but I always follow up with saying what ever rocks your world.

The power dynamic is where I take umbrage. Old men far far too often become mentors and authority figures to younger women and same goes with older women with younger men, there is another mommy dynamic thrown in there too.

Is this true across the board, probably not, but enough to make me wary, at least for me personally, others can knock themselves out all day and half the night. Whatever floats your boat baby......

Old 04-26-2017, 01:54 AM

2,761 posts, read 2,227,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

The power dynamic is where I take umbrage. Old men far far too often become mentors and authority figures to younger women and same goes with older women with younger men, there is another mommy dynamic thrown in there too.
You got that right.

You don't see too many big age gaps where the older person is less wealthier than the young person. I guess young people don't' want to date broke old folks.

Old 04-26-2017, 05:18 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
There are MANY beautiful women with great bodies, tight skin and youthful looks over the age of 30, 40, 50, 60+ but I think that men tend to date/mate by stereotype.

I won't share my age but I look much, much younger than my actual age and I constantly attract REALLY young guys that are always shocked when I tell them how old I am. TMI but my boobs are still perky, thighs and tummy are still trim and tight, face still youthful (black don't crack) and I am active so I am still very youthful in the way that I move.

There is a double standard that a 50 or 60 yrs old guy would see no problems with dating or marrying a woman 15, 20 or even 30+ years his junior but the idea of a woman doing the same is disgusting somehow. And many of these men DO look their age and older. If the French presidential candidate and his lovely wife are happy then I don't understand why the guys find the need to make such nasty remarks.
Any comments from guys who "seriously doubt" that a woman over 30 and especially over 40 could be attractive and still have firm body parts only reveal that guy's dearth of experience with or even knowledge of any actual women that age other than, maybe, his mom or granny.

Old 04-26-2017, 05:41 AM

1,585 posts, read 1,930,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Not a bad looking woman, not really my type, but yeah, she's wearing well for an old girl.

I don't know how the frogs do it. They eat all of that buttery rich food, smoke and drink wine and yet you just don't see the big fat tubs there like we have here. LOL, the fat people there are probably the American tourist.

Gotta figure out their secrets.
Not really a secret, most Americans would be hungry after a normal sized french portion, plus they would have walked to the restaurant.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:06 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,089,802 times
One of the best looking sexiest women I've met (I didn't date just a bartender) was in her 60s with grandchildren.... great personality too.

I don't see why age is an issue. If the couple can work it out the differences into something that nets them happiness why should anyone else judge?

Certainly, this wouldn't even be discussion if it were the other way around. For example, the age difference between Emmanuel Macron and his wife is just about the same as Pres. Trump and Melania. Heck, it seems that Emmanual and Brigitte are closer and more intimate with each other than the Trumps.

I surely wouldn't mind being in such a relationship that seems that strong regardless of age.

Old 04-26-2017, 07:10 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,008,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
You got that right.

You don't see too many big age gaps where the older person is less wealthier than the young person. I guess young people don't' want to date broke old folks.
Where are you getting your information from on this? The celebrity gossip column?

Old 04-26-2017, 09:40 AM

2,320 posts, read 2,557,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Sure, but she does not look like the average 63-year-old woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
She's an exceptionally intelligent, beautiful woman.

I am reminded of the time Gloria Steinhem replied when told she looked so beautiful "for 50" ... she simply said "This is what 50 look like". We have rapidly approached a time when the same can be said, more and more, that "this is what 60 looks like, this is what 70 looks like"...women have learned to take better care of themselves, inside and out, and the inside is actually what fuels the remarkable outsides of so many of us. When you assume you are old and unattractive, that tends to be true. When we assume that we are still vital, viable and attractive, that lights us up and attracts people to us. And believe it or not, even when all are body parts are not still as firm and perky as a 20 year old, by the time a man is our lover he pretty much just doesn't CARE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships