Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 03:08 PM

9 posts, read 6,541 times

Advertisements

Yes I have a tendency to look back. But I'm trying to learn how to stay in the moment and enjoy it. I want to go forward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 03:12 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,451,329 times
Yes, it makes appreciating the present much sweeter

Old 05-03-2017, 03:34 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,037,424 times
Sure.

There was this just blissful period before kids where on Saturday mornings, we'd sit on the sun deck, reading the paper or books, music, chill music going. We were both making bank, had zero chores around the house except for laundry and a little housework, and 48 hours of nothing yawning before us. Movies. Lake trips with friends. Dinners out. Bike rides. You name it.

I wouldn't trade our three kids for anything in the world. But, yeah, I get nostalgic about times when we literally had no obligations, no yard work, no anything. We're on the cusp of being empty nesters, and are actually going to sell the house and move into a downtown apartment. So we're looking forward to a lot of that again.

Old 05-03-2017, 04:06 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Bear in mind, too, that enjoying memories from early on in relationships doesn't preclude enjoying where your relationship is in the present, nor does it preclude looking optimistically into the future.

Some people are VERY into the early phases of relationships, with all the heightened anticipation, the exciting giddiness, the crackling of discovering new chemistry, the getting to know someone and all the thrills of that stage. There are even infatuation junkies. These are sometimes the people who get bored and start looking for outs when the relationship moves into the next stage, and the people who relationship hop and tire of relationships when they're not new.

That is different than those of us who acknowledge that it is fun to remember and reminisce about the beginnings of a relationship, while still being very happy with where the relationship has since gone.

Old 05-03-2017, 04:16 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Sure.

There was this just blissful period before kids where on Saturday mornings, we'd sit on the sun deck, reading the paper or books, music, chill music going. We were both making bank, had zero chores around the house except for laundry and a little housework, and 48 hours of nothing yawning before us. Movies. Lake trips with friends. Dinners out. Bike rides. You name it.

I wouldn't trade our three kids for anything in the world. But, yeah, I get nostalgic about times when we literally had no obligations, no yard work, no anything. We're on the cusp of being empty nesters, and are actually going to sell the house and move into a downtown apartment. So we're looking forward to a lot of that again.
We had the end of our engagement and our first year of marriage like that, where my husband was assigned to shore duty instructing at a Navy base, we lived in huge, beautiful Navy senior enlisted/NCO/Officers' housing, didn't have to so much as mow a lawn or maintain a thing, and would have weekends we'd fill with biking the shore trail, getting up early and taking a thermos of coffee, a blanket, a stack of books, and the dogs to the beach, dining out, candle-lit dinners on our back deck, etc. It was like an extended honeymoon...great times.

We're now in the raising babies, little sleep, home improvements, family plans and projects phase, which we both desperately wanted and actually didn't think we were gonna get to do (we met at 35 and 40, and weren't sure if kids were in the cards, but hoped for the best). But I will say, a weekend spent building our backyard chicken coop while my toddler son plays with the baby chicks, and my husband taking him for a stroller ride to the park while I make lunch and put my 8-mo. pregnant swelling feet up and read a book is no less thrilling to us than a million beach days and candle-lit dinners on the deck. It's a gift.

Old 05-03-2017, 04:27 PM

728 posts, read 472,096 times
Yes. The one that just came to its end. No doubt, I could have changed things early on, but she would have had to hold up her end too.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:54 PM

1 posts, read 270 times
Here’s how to know for sure if your spouse is really cheating on you or not.I was introduced to [email]leehacks92@gmail.com[/email],he’s a professional hacker and computer systems analyst,i contacted him and told him what i needed and he decided to help me out,i paid for the service and he delivered in perfect timing.It turns out my husband was a serial cheater after all,i was devastated to find out about the news but at the same time i was happy to find out early enough to know that i deserve better and move on with my life!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships