Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 03:15 PM

497 posts, read 695,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
She tells people her favorite movie is Breakfast at Tiffany's, but I really suspect it's Clerks.

Yeah, married 17 years, known each other for just a bit more than 18. I didn't grow up with her, but know enough of her childhood to get a pretty good picture of her life then, just as she has taken the time to get to know mine. I'm interested in her, so I've asked questions and continue to do so. I'm sure I'll keep asking until our hearing gives out and our sign language improves beyond one gesture.

Her first car was a Hyundai Sonata. She had it for a couple of months before barrel-rolling it in the median of I-95 in Virginia. Her favorite color is purple. I know this, because she keeps trying to buy me work shirts in some variation of a purple color.

Sometimes I get a little frustrated with her (as she does me), but know that I will never get tired of her.
This is a great post! I especially love the bold part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 03:19 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
She tells people her favorite movie is Breakfast at Tiffany's, but I really suspect it's Clerks.

Yeah, married 17 years, known each other for just a bit more than 18. I didn't grow up with her, but know enough of her childhood to get a pretty good picture of her life then, just as she has taken the time to get to know mine. I'm interested in her, so I've asked questions and continue to do so. I'm sure I'll keep asking until our hearing gives out and our sign language improves beyond one gesture.

Her first car was a Hyundai Sonata. She had it for a couple of months before barrel-rolling it in the median of I-95 in Virginia. Her favorite color is purple. I know this, because she keeps trying to buy me work shirts in some variation of a purple color.

Sometimes I get a little frustrated with her (as she does me), but know that I will never get tired of her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagirlatl View Post
This is a great post! I especially love the bold part.
Agreed

Old 05-01-2017, 04:30 PM

142 posts, read 97,237 times
Nope we never talk. And if I feel like talking, he sighs with a like I am freaking bothering him or something. Ugh. Just today, I remind him if he takes his meds he said he is not a child. So I said he never appreciates what I do to him so why even bother. Ugh.

Last night I told him thank you for loving me then I laughed and said I was just copying it off a movie I've seen. Nothing. So I said I just thanked you and you don't thank me? That's only when he said thanks. Ugh.

He treats me right for the most part though. Until he goes into biatch mode like he did today before he went to work.

And to answer your trivia question - He loves sci fi's. Nothing in particular just every geek movie out or MArvel, or Star Wars. I actually told him he is not into DC movies. I actually prefer DC superheroes like Superman and Wonder woman. I LOVE Justice league cartoons and my fave was the wonder twins. I hope they appear in future movies.

I don't quite get the childhood car question I myself don't have it. The only car I know he owns was the junk car he had when we met. And he said he loves Mazda and used to own them.

Old 05-01-2017, 05:23 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Agreed - I would have known more "trivia" about my first boyfriend/husband but I think as you get older you have more of "a past" and you don't share all the minutiae. You're probably not going through that "joined at the hip" tell me everything about what you did in high school and college stuff - makes me think of the old "Newlywed Show"!

That's not really the important stuff that life is made of - some stuff is just incidental and you happen to know it, other stuff has never come up and might be cool, or might not.
Or, it's a matter of learning bits of information through natural and normal conversation. I know a lot about my husband, both random bits of information, and other more serious or meaty details. They all matter, because they all make up who he is. There are things, a lot of things, that I know because they're shared interests/passions, commonalities, etc., so why wouldn't I know them? It makes sense that some things just come up during everyday conversation.

Old 05-01-2017, 11:37 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
I know her like the back of my hand. She keeps quizzing me, which I like, as it keeps me on my toes.

Old 05-02-2017, 09:09 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
You should know everything about your mate.

Some just don't care to know.

Old 05-02-2017, 09:16 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,927,232 times
This is why I was a little weirded out when I saw the thread about a week ago, where a lot of people mentioned they didn't like a partner that talked a lot. We're always talking and talking is how we got to know all these things about each other.

Her favorite movie is Hocus Pocus. We have to watch it a bunch of times around Halloween, as well as Beetlejuice, which I prefer to Hocus Pocus. She doesn't remember many of the family cars when she was really young. Just that her dad had a Suburban when she was a tween and some kind of minivan when she was 10 and younger. And her mom had a Mercury Cougar and what I'm assuming was a Ford Aspire, just because she said it was a Ford that was egg shaped like the Geo Metro and that was the Ford egg shaped model in the 90's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships