Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 03:15 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,394,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Astral, I think she's kind of weird, but it does seem she's trying to make sure you're not jealous.

I have to ask - are these guys really quite ugly - or is saying that about average looking guys?

I'd say most were average looking...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2017, 03:20 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Like I said, their appearance really doesn't matter. It's all subjective anyway.

What matters here is that SHE does appear to place enough value on looks that she felt the need to comment multiple times. It's tiresome and unflattering.

Old 05-02-2017, 03:39 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Yes. So, not really "ugly", which would be rude still if it were true, but it sheds light that she's doing this maybe because she thinks it indicates loyalty to you.

I think I'd tell her it doesn't make you feel great when she does that. My guess is, she'd like it very much if you pointed out average looking (or even pretty) women and called them ugly to her.

She seems a little . . . too sensitive.

Best wishes.

Old 05-02-2017, 03:52 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,025,141 times
She seems really territorial. And I seem to remember that kind of behavior from females, when I was in my 20's.

As a matter-of-fact, my boyfriend (way back then) and I got in a huge argument one time, because he THOUGHT I was jealous of him talking to a friend of ours, who was also one of our co-workers. (We all worked together, and this was at a company bowling party.) I wasn't jealous at all...there was a guy trying to stir up trouble between us. Long story.

Sounds like your girl doesn't have a lot of self confidence, and it makes her feel better to tear other girls down. If you still like her at all, I think you ought to tell her you find this trait really un-attractive. Ugly even. lol

Old 05-02-2017, 03:53 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Personally it would not bother me. Now going out of their way to call someone ugly is different than one comment or being asked your opinion about looks.

Old 05-02-2017, 03:55 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Uncharitable, unkind people are generally not very appealing to me.

Old 05-02-2017, 03:57 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Not appealing to me.

Old 05-02-2017, 04:11 PM

2,007 posts, read 2,905,041 times
OP, I like your screen name. And, I think this girl has issues. Everything you've said, about her comments and ridiculous jealousy, are red flags

Old 05-02-2017, 04:35 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,163,127 times
Quote:
I have been dating a woman who has made some not so kind remarks about the men dating her sister and her best friend. Specifically she called them both ugly (to me personally, not to anyone else as far as I know).

We did a double date with her best friend and her friend's boyfriend. Before the date she told me the guy is ugly (physically speaking). So there we are on the date and we are walking behind her friend and she is whispering in my ear, "See how ugly he is, etc." Again, her comments could only be heard by me.

Finally, I showed her a photo of a good friend of mine as a potential set up for her friend. Her reaction, "He is ugly."

I might be old fashioned but I was raised to believe if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. Also, it is probably not a good idea to judge people purely by their appearance, etc.

For what it is worth the lady making these "ugly" remarks is 26 years old. In addition, although I am a straight guy, I know the guy friend of mine is very successful with women and I think most women would rate him as above average in looks.
So, what is it about this woman you are dating that makes her a prize? Why are you dating her?

Old 05-02-2017, 11:10 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
I wouldn't date someone who behaves the way you have described. Such commentary is not only unnecessary it is offensive and actually makes her look shallow and foolish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships