Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 06:57 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,953,728 times

Advertisements

If you've been "casually seeing him off and on for years" it doesn't seem the concept of "cheating" really applies here.

Do you have the understanding of an exclusive relationship?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2017, 07:07 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
You are seeing him casually, so you really don't have any say in what he does.

BUT, you say he cancels on you a lot and apparently that has been acceptable to you, so this isn't much different. You have taught him it's okay. How do you show him it is not okay? Stop seeing him. You teach people how to treat you.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-07-2017, 07:09 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneMeyer View Post
How ca I accuse someone of seeing someone else and lying with no proof?
You shouldn't, but you're the one who brought up asking the other woman ..

Old 05-07-2017, 07:21 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,449,916 times
You sure know how to pick them, don't you?

If you're only dating someone casually and they're late for a date, you don't get to give them the third degree. It's not a serious relationship and he told you why he was late. It does not matter that he was helping his ex.

You also have no business going to her to ask if they're still an item -- especially at work. What is it with you and work anyway? Do you enjoy workplace drama and intrigue?

You need to start over. Dump the guy if you don't like the arrangement. Find someone who respects you enough to be punctual. You're not this guy's highest priority.

Old 05-07-2017, 08:09 PM

230 posts, read 114,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You shouldn't, but you're the one who brought up asking the other woman ..
Well then, how do I show them it's not ok to be late for a date and/or cancel dates? And if he is still dating her, how do I know that?

Old 05-07-2017, 08:11 PM

230 posts, read 114,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
You are seeing him casually, so you really don't have any say in what he does.

BUT, you say he cancels on you a lot and apparently that has been acceptable to you, so this isn't much different. You have taught him it's okay. How do you show him it is not okay? Stop seeing him. You teach people how to treat you.
But I do like him a lot. I would like to see him more and would like it if he stops being late and canceling dates. I don't know how to get that to happen, especially if he has a gf.

Old 05-07-2017, 08:12 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Well then, how do I show them it's not ok to be late for a date and/or cancel dates?
Sometimes people cancel dates. What he's doing is treaTing you like an afterthought. You show him you don't like that by cranking up your relationship. Are you actually dating, or are you "seeing each other off and on casually?" "Off an on casually" doesn't get to make the same rules as someone who's actually dating.

Quote:
And if he is still dating her, how do I know that?
You already asked him, and he said they aren't dating. So ... either you trust him or you don't.

It sounds like you don't so maybe instead of being an "off and on" girl you should just make it permanently "off."

How old are you?

Old 05-07-2017, 08:43 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,558,074 times
Quote:
I've asked him if he was dating her. He told me he wasn't. I used to work with her so I could find her and ask her.

What should I do if he is? Tell him I am not seeing him anymore if he can't respect my time and seeing someone else?
Uh, yes, yes you should. Doesn't sound like the relationship is going anywhere...why are you settling for something so casual? Do you prefer not to be in a serious relationship? Nevertheless, even casual friends should be expected to be considerate of your time. My personal opinion is that you should just let him fade away and start seeing someone who respects you and your time and your company much more. Best of luck to you!

Old 05-07-2017, 08:46 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
But I do like him a lot. I would like to see him more and would like it if he stops being late and canceling dates. I don't know how to get that to happen, especially if he has a gf.

Essentially you are asking "how can I get him to care about and respect me?"

You can't. What you can do is respect yourself and stop seeing him.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-07-2017, 08:56 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
How ca I accuse someone of seeing someone else and lying with no proof?
Find her. Ask her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneMeyer;
But I do like him a lot. I would like to see him more and would like it if he stops being late and canceling dates.
It sounds like you're a lot more into him than he is into you. I don't think you can change that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships