Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 08:06 AM

651 posts, read 407,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
The problem is this: women are genuinely attracted to (as opposed to settling with) just 20% of men. And most of those 20% don't need online dating. So in the end, women end up hunting around on dating sites to find that 20%, who aren't there in the first place. Meanwhile, the other 80% of men complain that they ain't having luck, because women don't join dating sites to find them.
Ehhhh.. I really don't know about this. Yes, its true that most good relationships form NOT online but the same can be said about men. I swipe left on tons of women too because I dont see any potential. I am really coming off a long term relationship and definitely not looking to settle for someone below my standards. I know, I know.. Someone is bound to counter this post that my standards are too high (Hi Ruth )

But really they are not. I give plenty of flexibility in my choices... and still most get a left swipe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 08:14 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
Oh, you knead to be careful with your bread metaphors. You are going against the grain here and you are bound to get a rise out of people. But I think you are on a roll and your comments put a wry smile on my face so I will give a toast to you! Now, I best get going before I make too many crumby puns. I doughnut want to do that.
Well there's no need to get crusty. Any way you slice it, your comment comes off as half baked. You're not usually this flakey? And your puns aren't crumby so much as stale. Oh well, I guess I can popover to another thread.

Old 05-11-2017, 08:28 AM

1,915 posts, read 1,481,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Well there's no need to get crusty. Any way you slice it, your comment comes off as half baked. You're not usually this flakey? And your puns aren't crumby so much as stale. Oh well, I guess I can popover to another thread.
Oh, I can't rep you, but I love this post! My first real smile of the morning. Thank you!

Old 05-11-2017, 08:29 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,875,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
As long as you're not loafing around, you're good to go. Otherwise, you're getting sandwiched between two opposing ideas. Just make sure to holla [challah] back.

Old 05-11-2017, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
Oh, I can't rep you, but I love this post! My first real smile of the morning. Thank you!
I almost wrote the exact thing, including that I couldn't rep you. I was just about to get serious about this thread and then I read your rye comments (I gotta stop) and I had a good laugh.

Old 05-11-2017, 08:53 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Tangentially, it strikes me that "Bumble" is a hilariously bad name for a dating/hookup app, given its dictionary definition of "to move or act in an awkward or confused manner," and connotation of social ineptitude.

Old 05-11-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
As long as you're not loafing around, you're good to go. Otherwise, you're getting sandwiched between two opposing ideas. Just make sure to holla [challah] back.
Now that others are rising to the occasion, I want to point out that Bella started this. It really was a recipe for disaster.

Old 05-11-2017, 08:59 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Quote:
The problem is this: women are genuinely attracted to (as opposed to settling with) just 20% of men.
LOL, how science-y!!! Percentages and everthing. Legit!

Old 05-11-2017, 09:08 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,800,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Spoilers: nearly EVERY dating platform is geared towards females that isn't a straight up free for all cluster **** or a tailored (and expensive) advisor/client situation.

These things don't exist the other way around becuase they have been proven to under preform as a business model.

You can't make shoes without leather.

This really is not a great place to talk about the realities of these things as they pertain to the male side of things FYI
I agree to be honest the male perspective and so on doesn't seem to be given much merit on here for some odd reason. and a lot of people seem to be married on here, and have been for many years.

On a side note and somewhat of a rant about this CD board in general :

Not everyone lives in California and NYC or some other large, northeast metro. It seems like a lot of people on here live in large metro, liberal areas, and there's a lot of women power feminists on here that let that ideology dictate a lot of their beliefs.

Which is fine I agree with some of their beliefs as well, but much of the country doesn't have dating environments, demographics and belief systems inherent to those areas, those metros, and ideologies.

I think this is a huge problem on this board not enough different perspectives from different people and so on, and it seems like there's a tendency to try and dominate the conversation and drown other voices out.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:26 AM

424 posts, read 236,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Just go to a real bagel place and order a coffee as well - this takes out the BS and you may meet someone there in the flesh sheeesh!

It depends on your personality and skills.

For me, I'm not a particularly good writer and I'm not photogenic. I also don't look good on paper (I'm short). But I'm cute IRL and can be very charming/charismatic when I want to be.

So cold approaching a woman in a grocery store has worked way better for me than online dating. I would imagine a tall, photogenic, extreme introvert would do way better online.

So it all really depends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships