Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 10:27 AM

1,825 posts, read 1,418,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
What is wrong with men today? Has it come to this? This is crazy.

You've got to let your balls drop, put some base in your voice, and be a man. This is bizarre to me.

Listen man, just because the TV or whatever you are watching or listening to gives you girl the type of "empowerment" to go around and bang other dudes, doesn't mean you got to stand for it. At the end of the day, you're the man. You need to start acting like a real dude.

Honestly, she has to respect you on a different level than the level you're at now. Unfortunately, you may not be able to get this respect back. You already let it go. I think you have to get rid of this one, re-evaluate and change up your methods.

I don't really know what to tell you.
Actually I disagree. Has nothing to do with men specifically. This goes for both men and women.

I find it how sad and how much suffering and torture people go through just to be in a relationship and not alone.

I don't what's happened, but it's like people have no self-respect for themselves. A woman like that I would have left her ages ago and would have never reproduced. Instead, I would wait til I find a more quality woman that is worthy of starting a family with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 10:31 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,031,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frimpter928 View Post

I don't what's happened, but it's like people have no self-respect for themselves. A woman like that I would have left her ages ago and would have never reproduced. Instead, I would wait til I find a more quality woman that is worthy of starting a family with.
I completely agree with you. But it also seems like men do not notice or want the quality women.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:36 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
This is not an open marriage, of course, I assume that has been pointed out.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I completely agree with you. But it also seems like men do not notice or want the quality women.
Problem is men think we their penis instead of their brain. I am actually gay, it this type of behavior is even worse in the gay community.

Looks are so important to gay guys, that many are willing to put with so much crap just because of a guy's looks. I know I went through this. Dated a lot of hot guys, who had major red flags from the get go, which I chose to ignore because I found them so attractive and followed my penis's desire, but not my heart or brain. I then didn't realize I had an amazing guy in front of me, who showed me nothing but respect, but I never thought of him that way.

Now? I have learned my lesson. I don't follow my penis's desire anymore (unless it's just a hookup) and it's faired much better for me on an emotional level.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:42 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
This is not an open marriage, of course, I assume that has been pointed out.
I don't think its even a marriage. It's basically two F-buddies (who has kids together) banging whomever they want.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:42 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frimpter928 View Post
Actually I disagree. Has nothing to do with men specifically. This goes for both men and women.

I find it how sad and how much suffering and torture people go through just to be in a relationship and not alone.

I'd rather be alone and happy, than together and miserable.

Fortunately, I am neither, I am together and happy, BEYOND happy, for 8 years now.

Too many people just settle, DON'T settle. Know what you are looking for, and want out of a relationship and I guarantee that it's out there.

of course there is compromise, but that's not the same as settling.

Desperate people find desperate people. That is not a good foundation for a long lasting healthy relationship.

Old 05-17-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I'd rather be alone and happy, than together and miserable.

Fortunately, I am neither, I am together and happy, BEYOND happy, for 8 years now.

Too many people just settle, DON'T settle. Know what you are looking for, and want out of a relationship and I guarantee that it's out there.

of course there is compromise, but that's not the same as settling.

Desperate people find desperate people. That is not a good foundation for a long lasting healthy relationship.
Totally agree. I have been single for about three years and so happy. I am ready to be in a relationship, could happen as early as next week could happen for another two years, but I let it happen organically, don't force it, and only commit myself to someone I truly share that connection with, I never settle.

The funny is thing, last year I was dating, and dating a lot, and I found dating around actually made me unhappier. It felt more empty. I decided to take a 6 month break from dating and I realized I was so much happier not doing it.

Old 05-17-2017, 01:30 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
File for divorce. Do it quickly and quietly. Serve her the papers unexpectedly. Sue for full custody of the children. Settle for 50/50 shared custody.

Old 05-17-2017, 01:56 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,295,222 times
This is an open to disaster marriage..

Old 05-17-2017, 02:32 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,229,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic-dad View Post
Not an option with kids.
As others have stated, and I agree, that what you and your wife have is not an open marriage. If divorce is not an option, and I totally understand that, then work on saving your marriage. Both of you need to drop the side pieces and go to counseling.

Curious--how old are both of you? Are you each other's "firsts"? I ask because I often see that young couples who are together a long time from a young age tend to want to "explore" what's out there and realize maybe the person they married isn't the most compatible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships