Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2008, 11:07 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
It's not old fashioned to only want one lover. I like to think of it as more of a morals thing. People have been cheating on their spouses or sleeping with multiple partners for centuries.
Rance it's so good to 'see' you.

And very refreshing to see a man take this view on!

Old 03-12-2008, 11:11 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
It's not old fashioned to only want one lover. I like to think of it as more of a morals thing. People have been cheating on their spouses or sleeping with multiple partners for centuries.
You know, Rance, if you are everything you say you are, your Nordic lady is one lucky lady!

Old 03-12-2008, 11:20 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
I'm the lucky one. So she gets my undivided attention...and the utmost respect!

Old 03-12-2008, 11:29 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
I'm the lucky one. So she gets my undivided attention...and the utmost respect!
You probably are lucky, too... Hmm, undivided attention can be a good thing or a bad thing...

Old 03-13-2008, 01:00 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
Yeah. None of that selective hearing for me!

Old 03-13-2008, 03:50 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
It's not odd at all. Mutual love and respect. Thats what it is. The caring for the other.

But I guess what he is talking about is in all, how many are too many. But how do we know?

Morally, there should only be one. The one we wait for until we are married, the one we are with for the rest of our lives...

Doesn't always work that way. If the other person jusdges us for that, well... that is them, and maybe you should not be with a person who does not accept you for who you are.

I have no idea, in todays society, how many are too many.

There are so many angles to this question.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:02 AM

22,178 posts, read 19,217,049 times
i read the opening post as how many lovers in a lifetime, or by a given age, not how many lovers "at a time" (as in an encounter) or how many lovers going on during the same relationship (cheating or polyamorous or whatever you call it).

so to say being with one at a time as in a monogamous relationship....is one thing
and to say being with one lover your whole life, is something else

people in this thread are commenting on various things

Old 03-13-2008, 09:45 AM

1,197 posts, read 3,582,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHeat View Post
Yes you are old fashioned and probably super religious to have this kind of stunted sexual outlook. But Hey if that's what you're in to then more power to ya BUT I don't think you can say for sure that your wife will be your ONLY sexual partner EVER. Don't pigeon hole yourself like that. Three years isn't long enough time to know this. People are always changing and you or her might not feel the same about each other in a few. I will predict that instead of just one sexual partner that you will have two or three. You will still be in the odd unpopular category of course so it prolly won't bother you (make you feel sinful).
Thanks for the compliment, Coolheat. Don't worry, I answer to God, not to man. Thanks for your concern, but I'm not naive; I know that over the years there will be tempatations to marital unfaithfullness, so I will flee from that stuff, because I made a commitment to my wife "to have and to hold, for richer and poorer, in sickness AND in health". Well, we've already been through the richer and poorer, so there's two more to go

I also want to let you know that my faith in God is not a religious act that I play, nor is it some fearful condemnation if I sin, but it's a relationship with the God of the universe, who sent His son, Jesus Christ on this earth, to show His unconditional love for the world. Until you realize that in your own heart, you won't understand were I'm coming from.
If you have a bible, read the book of John, and that will give you a perfect example of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Good day.

Last edited by UNT_Eagle; 03-13-2008 at 09:53 AM..

Old 03-14-2008, 12:12 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
That is one question I have always refused to answer.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:08 AM

1,316 posts, read 5,789,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willdufauve View Post
For all you "only one" advocates:

President Ronald Reagan (R) - married twice.
President George H W Bush (R) - married twice.
Newt Gingrich (R) - married three times.
Jesus H. Christ (D) - longterm relationship w/ Mary Magdalene (hooker).

I rest my case.
I like you! You rock!!! Rep for you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships