Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 03:12 PM

17,158 posts, read 56,898,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Well it does actually. Men & Women are very different and I do want to hear opinions from men.
My eyesight has always been good. When I was single I would spot anything that looked like an engagement ring from 20 yards or more away.

And that quick glance would be all you would have got from me, I would put you down as "engaged, married, or otherwise off the market".

I might or might not pay attention that this engagement-like ring is on your right hand. If I noted that, I might just think you are left-handed, and wear jewelry in mirror image to a righty.

Your mileage with other guys, of course, may vary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 03:52 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,825,685 times
Quote:
So anyone else have thoughts on a woman wearing a diamond ring on her right hand?
I think it's fine. Enjoy it, rather than have it sitting in a jewelry box. If it were me, I would probably design it so that did not look like an engagement ring, but it is yours to do with as you wish.

Old 05-17-2017, 05:19 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,394,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I'm so very sorry for your loss

My mom passed away almost 5 years ago. My dad still wears his wedding band and mom's ring is on a chain around his neck and the same as you, will remain there until he joins her.
I'm so sorry you lost your mother. It sounds as if your father and I both have wonderful wives and are kindred spirits. Neither of us ever need refer to our wives in the past tense. They're not gone!

Old 05-18-2017, 12:02 AM

48,436 posts, read 34,627,532 times
I can't think of any point in my life where I would consider what I do with my jewelry and how that would register with some hypothetical man in my future.

I'm supposed to figure out what would make some man I don't know upset?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-18-2017, 05:36 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,176,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I can't think of any point in my life where I would consider what I do with my jewelry and how that would register with some hypothetical man in my future.

I'm supposed to figure out what would make some man I don't know upset?
Yeah, like many men has to with some woman.

I guess it would depend on how and why "x" relationship ended.

It could be by death, divorce and or nasty breakup which can decide how to proceed.

Old 05-20-2017, 06:29 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,064,773 times
Working in jewelry, I see people do a lot of different things. Some sell them outright, some trade them in for something totally different (but this typically requires spending double the trade value), and some just trade in the mounting of the ring but remount the diamond in something else. We have made a lot of right hand rings and necklaces. Depends on the connection that person feels with the pieces, how the relationship ended, etc. It's a personal choice.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:05 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,698,052 times
Default .....

Quote:
I have been debating this for a few years in my own head, but maybe I need some opinions. It could be a relationship or Fashion topic, but think relationship might be the better fit.

After my relationship with my sons father ended, I was left with a beautiful diamond engagement ring, diamond band and a men's diamond band.

I would like to trade in the two wedding bands, to have the diamond engagement ring turned into a diamond everyday ring for my right hand. Would this be acceptable? Is there any reason it would be inappropriate or give the wrong impression.

I am not remarried. This would be a ring that would have a 1 carat center diamond. I love this diamond. It is near perfect, certified and complete with a serial number, so I do want to keep the actual diamond. I am just missing wearing it and would rather not have it spend its days locked away.

So any thoughts?
In North America a newer trend if diamond ring on the left is about we.... on the right hand it's is all about ME !

How confusing it looks will depend on the style of the ring and placement of the stone.

Why don't you sell it if you have the certification and use to money to buy something else for yourself?

I personally would not want to wear something given to me by an ex-husband. I would not give it back.... but it would remind me of him and I would not want the constant reminder. I would sell it.

Old 05-21-2017, 11:26 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,283,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Or keep it for your son to give to his lady friend one day. Old fashioned but keeps the integrity if the diamond.
No - there is no reason to deprive yourself of wearing a stone that you really like. And, your son may not want to give THAT ring and his fiance may not WANT that ring. With those poor odds, there's nothing wrong with making the most of it yourself!

Old 05-21-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
In North America a newer trend if diamond ring on the left is about we.... on the right hand it's is all about ME !

How confusing it looks will depend on the style of the ring and placement of the stone.

Why don't you sell it if you have the certification and use to money to buy something else for yourself?

I personally would not want to wear something given to me by an ex-husband. I would not give it back.... but it would remind me of him and I would not want the constant reminder. I would sell it.
When selling a diamond you can expect to get only between 1/3 to 1/2 what you paid - much better to re-use the stone than sell and get something MUCH smaller at full retail cost!

Nothing wrong with women wearing a ring on the right hand ring finger...or any other finger...diamonds included. If a guy is too dumb to figure out which hand is the left one then he's too dumb for anything but sex anyway!

Old 05-21-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
And that would be one of my concerns. I would not want any future husband to feel that way, nor would I expect an equivalent ring.
You don't need to explain any ring you have...and say it was based on an engagement ring or whatever! That's your business. Some people have a neurotic need to over-share...and follow "rules". Those people also can't not take a phone call or leave a doorbell unanswered or refuse doing someone any outrageous favor that is asked. Just live your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships