Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2008, 07:53 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,346,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
As friends, no, of course not. Romantically, short men are not my preference because I'm 5'8 - I just do not like towering over a man, it feels sooo unfeminine. In addition, I will not give up a majority of my shoe collection and I will not slouch.

LMAO Jeepgirl. I am with you!!

Old 09-27-2008, 04:14 PM

524 posts, read 942,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
I'm a tall guy (6'3") and I have a complex, I'd rather be a bit smaller (like 6' max) that's why I 'm agoraphobic I always think that I would make an ideal target in the street for a crazy sniper, that's why I tend to walk close to the walls and avoid crowded places...
I did not mean for all of the tall people to start feeling self-conscious. (That would be anyone 5’4” and up to me!) J I was just trying to make a point!

Old 09-27-2008, 04:22 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
I'm a tall guy (6'3") and I have a complex, I'd rather be a bit smaller (like 6' max) that's why I 'm agoraphobic I always think that I would make an ideal target in the street for a crazy sniper, that's why I tend to walk close to the walls and avoid crowded places...
I think 6'3'' is about the tallest you could be without people asking "How's the weather up there". I wouldn't stress it, 6'3'' is tall but not freakishly tall. I met a subcontractor for my company that has to be at least 6' 9'' not kidding this dude is seriously tall.

I'm 5' 9" BTW.

I think the perfect height for a guy is around 6' or 5' 10"

Old 09-28-2008, 09:13 AM

524 posts, read 942,113 times
I heard a tall black comedian once... he was hilarious!

His entire shtick was about tall and short people. The one joke I remember best was when he said, “How come if you’re black and tall people ask you if you play basketball?” “The other day a little Italian guy came up to me and asked, ‘Hey man, do you play basketball? And I said, ‘No, do you play miniature golf?’

Old 09-28-2008, 09:48 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djf863000 View Post
the average men in France are about 5'7
The whole world has changed in Southern Europe in the last 2 generations. In Italy, for example, I couldn't believe how tall some of my cousins and their teenage (male) kids were (in some cases, 6'-0" +), and this is in the southern part, where I thought everybody would be short like my Dad. Incidentally, my Dad and Napoleon shared a birthday (not the same year, of course) and there is some truth to the term Napoleonic complex.

I can't complain at being 5'-10." I do wish I was 6'-0" to account for future shrinkage. So be it.

I see that short guys who have the bad boy look and attitude do well, but this is among the kind of women who like bad boys to begin with. But that's another thread that's already in existence.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:16 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,920,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
I remember a very good friend of mine back in the old days lol....developed a crush on me..We were friends for years....but he was shorter ALOT shorter...I am 5'8 1/2 and he was 5'4...Super nice guy but yes, vanity took over and didn't want to date someone shorter...! I was pretty self conscious about my height so having a guy taller than me was better for me personally.....

Look at Christy Brinkley and Billy Joel..She was alot taller though and of course the woman is stunning! everyone to their own liking I guess!
In Brinkley's and Joel's case, he was making more $ than her by far. I'm not calling Brinkley a gold digger, but if Joel didn't have that kind of coin, there's no way he's shagging Brinkley.

Another example that I can't understand is David Spade w/ all the hot celebs he's with. Spade is barely 5' even when on his tippy toes, wearing a 10-gal. hat, and if the ruler is having a bad day. He's not terribly rich compared to the other celebs he's humping and yet he's still living the American (man's) dream.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:36 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Another example that I can't understand is David Spade w/ all the hot celebs he's with. Spade is barely 5' even when on his tippy toes, wearing a 10-gal. hat, and if the ruler is having a bad day. He's not terribly rich compared to the other celebs he's humping and yet he's still living the American (man's) dream.
Perhaps he's been blessed with other qualities!

Old 09-28-2008, 01:41 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
In Brinkley's and Joel's case, he was making more $ than her by far. I'm not calling Brinkley a gold digger, but if Joel didn't have that kind of coin, there's no way he's shagging Brinkley.
Well, she is a gold digger. Her looks are her only asset. Billy Joel is an incredible talent, though he looks like a roach (or has, in some cases). You wonder who's she was dreaming of when Joel was porkin' her?

The lyrics to the song "Uptown Girl" are entirely about the mismatch in their romance and she was in the video playing that "uptown girl."

Well, recently the tables turned on her....what goes round'

Old 09-28-2008, 01:50 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Well, she is a gold digger. Her looks are her only asset. Billy Joel is an incredible talent, though he looks like a roach (or has, in some cases). You wonder who's she was dreaming of when Joel was porkin' her?

The lyrics to the song "Uptown Girl" are entirely about the mismatch in their romance and she was in the video playing that "uptown girl."

Well, recently the tables turned on her....what goes round'
She's definitely not lucky in the marital department, is she... Comes to prove looks don't matter in this area.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:54 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,920,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Perhaps he's been blessed with other qualities!
Yes, he's got a good singing voice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships