Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2012, 09:01 AM

499 posts, read 754,766 times

Advertisements

Old 09-16-2012, 10:15 AM

137 posts, read 191,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshdix View Post
See the crap we have to put up with ?

Let's word that sentence differently just for fun: "Im 5"6 and I have dated two guys that were taller than me and NEVER again will I do that. They were too arrogant. So yes since then I have totally rejected tall men."
LOL no worries man. I bet that chick is dating a guy even shorter than that right now.

Old 09-16-2012, 10:31 AM

Rule #1 - If you listen to women and their preferences and take it as golden, you will drive yourself crazy.

Just about every woman I've dated had a "height preference" and I shattered that preference. I'm not freakishly short, but enough that people comment on it regularly. If you're short man you need to be a man and be aware that there is a height bias and acknowledge that (i.e. not taking anyone's crap), but ignore it when it comes to your swagg and keep on being a man. You have to have an inner confidence meaning you are you and you are fine the way you are. But don't take anyone's crap.

The women who ignore you? Let them fly. With all of the "Maury Show" situations occurring between women and men, your "flaw" is more positive than negative.

Old 09-16-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
Rule #1 - If you listen to women and their preferences and take it as golden, you will drive yourself crazy.

Just about every woman I've dated had a "height preference" and I shattered that preference. I'm not freakishly short, but enough that people comment on it regularly. If you're short man you need to be a man and be aware that there is a height bias and acknowledge that (i.e. not taking anyone's crap), but ignore it when it comes to your swagg and keep on being a man. You have to have an inner confidence meaning you are you and you are fine the way you are. But don't take anyone's crap.

The women who ignore you? Let them fly. With all of the "Maury Show" situations occurring between women and men, your "flaw" is more positive than negative.
Agreed.

I really got over my height issues with the last girl I dated. She's the same height as me. We were friends first and all she talked about as her 2 criteria for a bf were over 6'0 and a good job. I've never met a girl that seemed to care so much about height (she talked about it almost daily).

I'm 5'6 and she came after me. So, yeah, clearly nonsense lol

Old 09-16-2012, 11:01 AM

I'm in your height neighborhood and have dated some 5'9s and 5'11s. I squash the height debate by asking them if THEY are 100% confident dating a man shorter than them b/c after I ask it, the subject is never to be bought up again. If they say yeah, then we leave it at that and everything proceeds as normal.

Old 09-16-2012, 11:15 AM

803 posts, read 1,661,237 times
I'm 5'6. The only time I've ever been rejected over it was when my buddy tried to set me up with a girl for prom. She was right at my level... I was 5'4 or 5'5 at the time. Ended up going with her pretty latina friend.

Old 09-16-2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASOT View Post
I'm 5'6. The only time I've ever been rejected over it was when my buddy tried to set me up with a girl for prom. She was right at my level... I was 5'4 or 5'5 at the time. Ended up going with her pretty latina friend.
Latinas FTW

Old 09-16-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Latinas FTW
I feel like that's another thing that helps me. I don't care for white American girls (though, the girl in my last example is white and American). I feel like white Americans are more likely to shoot you down because of these kinds of superficial things (of course, as well all know, rejection is not static, but fluid....and just because you are rejected at one moment doesn't mean you will be rejected the next).

Old 09-16-2012, 12:10 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,821,955 times
Being short, like anything will only hinder you as much as you let it.

Old 09-16-2012, 12:16 PM

102,064 posts, read 106,986,186 times
Quote:

Great post! Men and women have their superficial criteria, but when they meet the right person, all that can go out the window. THe important criteria are the ones about a person's character and personality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships