Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2017, 08:51 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
...he knows good and damn well it's wrong...If he DARES to clap back at you again, I would go scorched earth. No hesitation.
Damn. With all respect and innocent intentions, Wmsn4Life, I love you a little bit.

I feel sorry for anyone foolish enough to willfully cross you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2017, 09:09 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Damn. With all respect and innocent intentions, Wmsn4Life, I love you a little bit.

I feel sorry for anyone foolish enough to willfully cross you.
Get in line, Griffis.

LOL j/k

I can be surprisingly forgiving...

Old 06-11-2017, 09:10 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,445,295 times
Interesting. It is like a work wife type of situation between the two of them. Don't be so sure that she wouldn't sleep with him. It is all about the attention, and if she is getting attention from him that she isn't getting back home the possibility is there. Even if she does have a hot firefighter husband.

When people cheat, it isn't logical, it does not make sense. What you think would happen, doesn't happen, and what you think would not happen, almost always does.

Old 06-12-2017, 09:04 AM

20,756 posts, read 19,947,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPatience View Post
Update: I couldn’t confront on May 24th as I had planned b/c his kids came with his grandkids. Then he was back at work.

On May 27 he sent he another text insinuating he could eat her all day. She never responded to that text. That text was hard to read and impossible to forget.

So I confronted him on June 5. I’ll keep this brief…

As previously stated I didn’t want him to know I went through his phone so I confronted him about his secret Instagram account. She was the only one he was following and he creeped her pics daily. (I know this because when looking at his phone the app was always open to a different one of her pics) I told him “There is no good reason, no justifiable reason a 54 y/o married man would be following his 29 y/o co-worker on Instagram.†I told him the fact that he created the account with a bogus email meant that he didn’t want me to know what he was doing.

You know what happened? He blamed me. First he accused me of going into his Instagram account. I showed him it was my account and I can see who he is following. He wouldn’t let me talk, he kept telling me to “shut up.†Then he said, “I’m out of here.†I expected him to do this. So I took off my wedding ring and told him “I’m done.†And I left and so did he. He was gone for an hour, I stayed at a hotel overnight. He never texted or called me. (We have a security system so I know he came home, never left again and no one came to the house) I came back the next afternoon. He refused to talk about what happened but did say “I’m glad you’re back.â€

I made him read a letter I wrote because I needed to say what was on my mind without him telling me to shut up. I told him “It seems you are so obsessed with this woman that you opened an Instagram account just so you could look at her pics that don’t show up on Facebook. This is not some anonymous stranger you're looking at online, she's your co-worker, a woman you see every day. You had to know I wouldn't be okay with this, that I'd be upset when I found out, but you made a conscious choice to do it anyway. You intentionally doing something that you know would upset me and put strain on our marriage is very disturbing, even if you thought I'd never find out… not good, not good at all. You've crossed the line of what is acceptable in a marriage and what is not.†I told him I thought he checked out of the marriage and that he needs to check back in. I told him that this infatuation with his co-worker had gone on long enough and my patience had run out. I told him that he needed to take his focus off his co-worker and put it back on his wife and his marriage. I told him to delete his Instagram account, delete the app and unfriend her on Facebook. (He did the last 2 but I had to delete the Instagram account myself.) I told him he "better not cross anymore lines or the marriage will be over." There were others things I said as well but you get the basic idea.

After reading it, he still blamed me, still refused to talk about the situation. I told him “Nothing been resolved and you want to sweep it all under the rug and pretend nothing happened. I am left wondering how a woman who just wants to be loved and give love is with a man incapable of showing any kind of love, affection or that he cares at all.†He replied, “I don’t know how to respond to that.â€

A truly dysfunctional marriage. His inability to even attempt to talk about the situation is disturbing. No attempt at makeup s@x, no physical contact at all yet he still says he loves me every day. I believe he does love me but it is some kind of warped love without any kind of intimacy or conversation.

So far he hasn’t texted her again. Normally his checks his phone every 5 minutes, he’s not doing this anymore. With no updates from her on social media he now has no reason to look at his phone. Maybe this was a wake-up call for him. Maybe not. I will see if he sexts her again. If he does it is confirmation that I mean nothing to him, then I will let him know that I’ve known about the pervy texts all along.

Yes, I am still with him b/c I can’t afford to get out yet. I've lived with this mess for a couple of months, what's a few more. My plan is to finish the course and find a job. Humans need physical contact, they need to know they matter. I don’t believe I can remain in a relationship devoid of love and affection.
Hugs to you. And good for you to stand up to him. I would have told him about the texts, but that's just me.

Old 06-12-2017, 10:50 AM

55 posts, read 125,216 times
My husband sexted her again last night. June 5th I told him not to cross anymore lines or our marriage would be over. He knew the risks but chose to go ahead. Obviously our marriage and me mean nothing to him. I'm done.

I have the strength to stay until I finish my course, then I will leave. I deserve a better life than this.

Old 06-12-2017, 11:17 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,941 times
Quote:
My husband sexted her again last night. June 5th I told him not to cross anymore lines or our marriage would be over. He knew the risks but chose to go ahead. Obviously our marriage and me mean nothing to him. I'm done.

I have the strength to stay until I finish my course, then I will leave. I deserve a better life than this.
You do deserve better. I am sorry your husband doesn't see the value in cherishing the good things he had with you. Some people are weak and selfish.

Old 06-12-2017, 11:17 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,255,300 times
Quote:

You do.

You deserve to be with someone who believes YOU are enough for them. Stay strong and follow through when you're finished with your course.

Old 06-12-2017, 11:23 AM

32,632 posts, read 47,964,911 times
The decision has been made. Tuck away a little money for yourself and speak to a lawyer to learn how to protect yourself in a divorce. Your husband won't take care of you in a divorce, he will try to destroy you, so you have to have your accounts all lined up and know about the title to property so you know your rights.

Good luck to you.

Old 06-12-2017, 11:36 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,711,653 times
It shocks me how weak some people can be. They'll ruin everything in their lives to follow a stupid impulse that gives only limited pleasure.

I'm sorry, OP. I hope you follow through.

Old 06-12-2017, 12:04 PM

20,756 posts, read 19,947,491 times
Quote:

oh man. I am sorry. I hope you have peace within yourself, knowing you did the right thing. You really deserve better. I wish you all the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships