Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Chemistry important on first date, what did it lead to
Did a relationship develope out of 1st date chemistry? 5 27.78%
If no chemistry on first date, another date was not attempted? 4 22.22%
Did 1st date chemistry dates get you anywhere? (marriage, Kids, relationships) 4 22.22%
A lack of 1st date chemistry lead to a potential 2nd date 5 27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 06:21 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
OK, but you said you used to have to have sex on the first date. I'm just wondering how that is possible without chemistry.

To me, sex without ANY chemistry is just exercise.
There is a lot of exercising out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2017, 09:49 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I'd probably would never exercise. A woman would either have to be very masculine or otherwise disgusting for me to not be attracted at any point.

While I will not always have "chemistry" at first, I've had women stick around and "cater to my ego" to the point that I started falling for her.

Old 05-23-2017, 12:48 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
Does chemistry cause sex, or does sex cause chemistry?

Old 05-23-2017, 01:08 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
OK, but you said you used to have to have sex on the first date. I'm just wondering how that is possible without chemistry.

To me, sex without ANY chemistry is just exercise.
I never said I had sex on the first date. I said that the idea of it is important.

Old 05-23-2017, 08:38 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post

That there is.

Old 05-23-2017, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Different strokes for different folks. DH and I had amazing chemistry in the first 2 minutes. 23 years later, we still have amazing chemistry!

This. All weddings I've attended started with people that had instant chemistry.

All my healthy long term relationships with, and the ones that resulted in good friendships did as well.

The lack of instant chemistry sometimes resulted in tepid relationships anyway, due to the "they looked good on paper" notion and me liking them as people (their heads, hearts, values, shared interests, etc) and because they were cute/good looking, so I convinced myself the chemistry might develop. Never has.

Last edited by timberline742; 05-23-2017 at 09:03 AM..

Old 05-23-2017, 08:51 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Yes, you are correct here. Chemistry is what makes me want to know the person and grow. But I'm like just it takes one date to sum up chemistry? A year ago, a woman told me the same thing. She said I was great guy and funny, but no chemistry. 14 months later, she wants to go on a date with me again, I declined her offer because she should have intiated a 2nd date a year ago. Chemistry is something that has to be built. Most folks I know who have chemistry on the first date ended up in failure or even worse.
It takes me very little time to "sum up chemistry".

I know, within a very short time of meeting someone, whether I feel that I want to pursue something with them.

Is it a guarantee of "happily ever after"? Not at all. But, in my experience, trying to force something that is not there, usually with the mindset of "giving the guy a chance", just never works.

Though, as stepka pointed out in the other thread, this really is not a "right vs. wrong" thing. It's simply people approaching relationships in different ways.

Old 05-23-2017, 11:02 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
I hope you guys know what chemistry truly and really means. Liking someone from the start is not chemistry, it's called physical attraction. Are folks on here dumb with thier vocabulary?

Old 05-23-2017, 11:05 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
I hope you guys know what chemistry truly and really means. Liking someone from the start is not chemistry, it's called physical attraction. Are folks on here dumb with thier vocabulary?
My interpretation of it is yes the physical attraction naturally but also the other traits that people find desirable whether that's physical or mentality, personality etc

In short one they click with

Old 05-23-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:

Not at all. These are two different things. Often they go hand in hand, but they can also occur separately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships