Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 03:26 PM

25 posts, read 27,208 times

Advertisements

Most days I truly don't care and I'm content. I'm in my late 20s, have been married for 2 years, and I'm a mom to a 10 month old. I can count on one hand how many times my husband and I have had sex since she was born, and I'm okay with that. Life gets in the way. And If I'm being completely honest, our sex life has never been anything to write home about. My husband is my best friend and great looking but I joke that he has no game. I have to initiate any time we have sex (and before anyone starts in- I look the same as I did pre-baby). He's just quieter and I've always been the louder, bossier, more outgoing one. He never makes a move unless I spell it out for him.

I'm happy with our home life. He's a good man and a good father. We're compatible in a lot of ways. I know a lot of people would kill to have someone to just bum out on the couch with. And there's a lot more to life than sex and chemistry. I'd never trade my life now and I would never want to go back to being single. But lately, I really miss what it was like to flirt and the excitement that came with it. Im not interested in any guys from my past but I reminisce back to some of the great sex I've had. Im so hyperaware of attention from other men. Basically I'm just a wound up ball of sexual energy..

I tried to do what all the relationship websites tell you- which is to channel feelings like that into sex with your spouse. I initiated and it was fine. I don't expect much from our sex life and I don't mean that in a mean way. He's just not a passionate person. And I wouldn't even want to try and turn him into one because it'd feel so inauthentic.

Does anyone have the same experience? Grateful for and comfortable in their day to day family life but miss the passion that came with being single? How did you get over it? Should I embrace my housewife role and just start reading cheesy romance novels?

Old 05-22-2017, 03:27 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
You got married for the wrong reasons.

Old 05-22-2017, 03:38 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
OP has he seen or knows that this is getting you down? Either from your body language, hints or by telling him?

I get it as it's hugely important to me and I'm happiest when I've got license to be extremely flirty, charming and romantic but if I knew or suspected that she wasnt impressed or it simply wasn't enough for her then that would spur me into trying harder and adding being more spontaneous into the mix as well....... So maybe it's worth showing ( respectfully of course ) that it is something that is lacking

Communication will work wonders

Old 05-22-2017, 03:39 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,255,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsg7 View Post
Most days I truly don't care and I'm content. I'm in my late 20s, have been married for 2 years, and I'm a mom to a 10 month old. I can count on one hand how many times my husband and I have had sex since she was born, and I'm okay with that. Life gets in the way. And If I'm being completely honest, our sex life has never been anything to write home about. My husband is my best friend and great looking but I joke that he has no game. I have to initiate any time we have sex (and before anyone starts in- I look the same as I did pre-baby). He's just quieter and I've always been the louder, bossier, more outgoing one. He never makes a move unless I spell it out for him.

I'm happy with our home life. He's a good man and a good father. We're compatible in a lot of ways. I know a lot of people would kill to have someone to just bum out on the couch with. And there's a lot more to life than sex and chemistry. I'd never trade my life now and I would never want to go back to being single. But lately, I really miss what it was like to flirt and the excitement that came with it. Im not interested in any guys from my past but I reminisce back to some of the great sex I've had. Im so hyperaware of attention from other men. Basically I'm just a wound up ball of sexual energy..

I tried to do what all the relationship websites tell you- which is to channel feelings like that into sex with your spouse. I initiated and it was fine. I don't expect much from our sex life and I don't mean that in a mean way. He's just not a passionate person. And I wouldn't even want to try and turn him into one because it'd feel so inauthentic.

Does anyone have the same experience? Grateful for and comfortable in their day to day family life but miss the passion that came with being single? How did you get over it? Should I embrace my housewife role and just start reading cheesy romance novels?
Your husband seems like a decent guy overall. However, the two of you seem incompatible sexually, which will cause a huge ball of resentment down the road if the issue isn't addressed.

Old 05-22-2017, 06:07 PM

142 posts, read 97,237 times
You married early I guess? Why did you marry if you are not done 'sowing your seeds' yet? It's obvious coz even with a 10 month old, you still miss your single life? Wow. I though MOST women get over that phase the moment they see their baby. But not you. I feel sorry for your husband and the baby.

Last edited by bwisita; 05-22-2017 at 06:16 PM..

Old 05-22-2017, 06:20 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
While some might tell you that a nice, stable partner is enough, it isn't.

Sorry, OP.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/f1b8a2e...4-1fc49ac288c3

Old 05-22-2017, 06:27 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
You can have anything you want.
You just can't have everything you want.
Figure out what's most important to you.
Or, hell...tell Your best friend husband this. He might surprise you.

Old 05-22-2017, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
OP has he seen or knows that this is getting you down? Either from your body language, hints or by telling him?

I get it as it's hugely important to me and I'm happiest when I've got license to be extremely flirty, charming and romantic but if I knew or suspected that she wasnt impressed or it simply wasn't enough for her then that would spur me into trying harder and adding being more spontaneous into the mix as well....... So maybe it's worth showing ( respectfully of course ) that it is something that is lacking

Communication will work wonders
Thanks for this response

Old 05-22-2017, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You can have anything you want.
You just can't have everything you want.
Figure out what's most important to you.
Or, hell...tell Your best friend husband this. He might surprise you.
Very true.

Old 05-22-2017, 06:52 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsg7 View Post
Thanks for this response
You're very welcome I hope it gives you some food for thought and I'd like to welcome you to the forum.

Hope things get better for you my love
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships