Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 08:05 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,345,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Yes it is another thread from the prodigal and super logical overthinker you love or hate.

So for almost the past year, I've gotten to know an awesome woman who has stood out from the rest. We met on a dating app. She lives in Northern KY and I live in VA. We done the texting, snapchatting, and video chats etc.

I like this woman because she is attractive, educated, has a solid job, and loves music. I have a very difficult time finding girls here in DC who check those boxes and actually want anything to do with me. I also don't feel like the pressure to be perfect like I do when I'm interacting with other women in a dating context.

She also went out of her way to show emotional support to me when I was in a pretty rough emotional state from taking care of my mother who had been very sick a few months ago. How can you not dig someone like that?

Of course distance has kept us apart, but I decided to go for broke and asked her to meet up in her city in July since i have friends out there as well and she excitedly agreed.

The Dissenter of old would have never been that willing to take a risk like that. But it feels good knowing that I'm going after someone who I really think I can enrich their life and they can do the same for mine.

Buckle up, this summer is going to be big, hopefully, for Big D.
That's such a generous and sweet way to describe what can happen between two people. Good for you and good luck moving forward. Now we gotta fist bump or something before I get all mushy, but I think you should be proud of yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 08:07 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Schweeet! Sometimes, you have to go out on a limb to pick the sweetest fruit.

Try to be reserved; don't expect too much too soon.

Good Luck!

Old 05-25-2017, 08:10 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,520,454 times
That is great news! Good luck man!!

Old 05-25-2017, 08:14 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,016,112 times
Quote:
Yes it is another thread from the prodigal and super logical overthinker you love or hate.

So for almost the past year, I've gotten to know an awesome woman who has stood out from the rest. We met on a dating app. She lives in Northern KY and I live in VA. We done the texting, snapchatting, and video chats etc.

I like this woman because she is attractive, educated, has a solid job, and loves music. I have a very difficult time finding girls here in DC who check those boxes and actually want anything to do with me. I also don't feel like the pressure to be perfect like I do when I'm interacting with other women in a dating context.

She also went out of her way to show emotional support to me when I was in a pretty rough emotional state from taking care of my mother who had been very sick a few months ago. How can you not dig someone like that?

Of course distance has kept us apart, but I decided to go for broke and asked her to meet up in her city in July since i have friends out there as well and she excitedly agreed.

The Dissenter of old would have never been that willing to take a risk like that. But it feels good knowing that I'm going after someone who I really think I can enrich their life and they can do the same for mine.

Buckle up, this summer is going to be big, hopefully, for Big D.

I sense a love story blooming. :-) Here's to a happy, warm, and loving summer Mr. D!

Old 05-25-2017, 08:37 AM

127 posts, read 90,574 times
Good luck, Dis! She sounds like a keeper!

Old 05-25-2017, 09:42 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
Yay! That's awesome! *happy dance*

Old 05-25-2017, 10:21 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,941 times
Oh man, best of luck! I wish the best for you and her.

Old 05-25-2017, 10:54 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Awesome. And I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

I don't know if you're looking for input or not, but the only thing I'd say is this: Trust your instincts, be courageous, but don't push matters too far, too fast. If things are right, you'll know.

Oh, and nobody here hates you.
Your input is appreciated. I'm working on finding the right balance to come with.

Old 05-25-2017, 12:01 PM

20,756 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Thanks for the love. In years past, I would have been apt to let these things go because of the distance. But the more I got to know her, this became something I had to take a risk on. If it doesn't work out, I can go to bed knowing I actually took a big chance.
yep. Absolutely right.

Old 05-25-2017, 12:17 PM

102,185 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Diss, you keep holding out on us! You keep things to yourself, or you mention meeting someone interesting who shares your musical interests, then we hear nothing more. Believe it or not, you do have a fan base, here. And we want DETAILS!

So please keep us posted. Wishing you the best of luck, and good for you, for edging out of your comfort zone for what looks like a situation with some potential. If you don't play, you can't win. Go, DISS!

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 05-25-2017 at 12:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships