Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 11:17 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post

My point is, surely no one is stating that they honestly believe men have just as much to worry about when meeting an unknown woman online as women do? They should consider assault and rape just as significantly as women do?
And my point, as noted, was that women are capable of being felons, married, liars, etc., just as men are. I never even made mention of fear of assault, rape, etc. The poster I was responding to noted that "women need to check up on men, because they could be sex offenders, felons, or MARRIED!" Just noting that, yeah, not exclusive to men.

At any rate, anybody who wants to google another person's publicly available information certainly has every right and ability to do so. I think it's funny that people are like, "She looked up public info! How shocking and invasive and CREEPY." Um, no, it's really not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 11:20 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,941 times
Haven't read the entire thread, but how young is this lady? It may not be unusual for people of a certain age to get people's addresses and Google Earth them on street view. What do I know? Is there anything else...creepy in general about her?

Everything is public record now anyway. There is no privacy.

Old 05-27-2017, 12:23 AM

473 posts, read 307,271 times
Quote:
Hahahaha no! I don't want to try anyway! I wouldn't know if a guy has bodies buried, but I do know if he has 3 dui's and says he's coming to pick me up. I'm glad I get to make informed choices. In my more naive and trusting days, I could have avoided some things. The guy is free to check on me too, and he should. I give my real phone number, so check away.
I was worried already.. After I read that article about airplane staff stalked that kissing couple inside a house I feel like dying when I hear a voice of airplane when visiting the toilet Not for too long and people can stalk each other via these techniques... Stalking is taking a step into a new level

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
49ers fans are very private people.
Nah, not you all, but luckily his most private body part was still hidden

Quote:
Yeah but...a woman overpowering a man and forcing him to have sex with her?
If a man doesn't want to have sex with you, how do you make.....oh nevermind.
You tie him up and use tantra techniques? It will wake it up you know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Like trying to take a out home equity loan on your home with your information and cashing out? Im trying to figure out what you're so paranoid about if they know you own a home?
There are rumors around that some people cannot sleep at nights because some women are telling wild stories... If she has been watching Twilight she could break in and watch when he is sleeping

Anyways I think it is good to know if she wants him just for the house or for him. But also having an "OMG I am so rich" -attitude by him could make her to lose her interest.

Last edited by FlowerDarling; 05-27-2017 at 12:33 AM..

Old 05-27-2017, 05:14 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,665,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Haven't read the entire thread, but how young is this lady? It may not be unusual for people of a certain age to get people's addresses and Google Earth them on street view. What do I know? Is there anything else...creepy in general about her?

People of a certain age? At my old job we'd street view people all the time and "of a certain age" meant from age 30-67. Seriously- it's not that hard to go to the property appraiser/tax collector and find out where a person lives and what they spent on the house then go see the house on street view. It is all public record. Now if someone is using their resources that that they have through their employer that are restricted access, that is something different entirely. I fully expect that people also know how to go onto the property appraiser and figure out where I live too. It is not that hard to figure out!

Old 05-27-2017, 08:16 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
This information was always public record, the only difference now is the databases are online, not in a ledger in the county building downtown.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:47 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
People of a certain age? At my old job we'd street view people all the time and "of a certain age" meant from age 30-67. Seriously- it's not that hard to go to the property appraiser/tax collector and find out where a person lives and what they spent on the house then go see the house on street view. It is all public record. Now if someone is using their resources that that they have through their employer that are restricted access, that is something different entirely. I fully expect that people also know how to go onto the property appraiser and figure out where I live too. It is not that hard to figure out!
I didn't mean only young people knew how to do this, or were capable of it. More, I meant they may more inclined to engage in doing those things as a casual means of connecting socially, or checking someone out. Just supposition.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:10 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,662,358 times
I do it to many people, it's public information and nothing you can do to stop it.
I've work in collections and this is part of skip tracing.
I can find out many things on free public websites.
Address, name on property, how much you paid/ owe taxes, occupation, marriages, children, filing status, etc...and so much more.
Anyone can zoom in on a house with google maps.
Nothing is private anymore.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:35 PM

914 posts, read 765,545 times
^^ This is one of the many reasons why I sleep with a .357 at arms length.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:41 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
In case someone Googles you?

Old 05-27-2017, 08:44 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
In case someone Googles you?
LOL

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships