Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 08:08 PM

361 posts, read 426,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlewood4 View Post
As a young woman myself who has used Tinder and other dating apps, if she ignored your request to meet up she doesn't want to meet up. Messaging her again is a waste of time. She'll probably reply and "seem nice" but that doesn't mean anything. If someone doesn't reply you need to move on.

You should try to meet people at school, social events, bars or volunteer groups.
I've been doing some thinking, and you are absolutely right. I misunderstood when I heard that some guys try to restart conversations and realize that they only do that if the conversation died and they had not yet asked the girl out. If she responds to me, slim chance at this point, I am more than happy to go on a date, but I will be moving on now. It still sucks, though, because Tinder is normally a complete joke at my age, but this seemed like it was actually going somewhere, which is rare at my age. Oh well. For all I know, my phone could've glitches and she did reply, but I'm sure that didn't happen lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2017, 08:31 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,704,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxblue20 View Post
I've been doing some thinking, and you are absolutely right. I misunderstood when I heard that some guys try to restart conversations and realize that they only do that if the conversation died and they had not yet asked the girl out. If she responds to me, slim chance at this point, I am more than happy to go on a date, but I will be moving on now. It still sucks, though, because Tinder is normally a complete joke at my age, but this seemed like it was actually going somewhere, which is rare at my age. Oh well. For all I know, my phone could've glitches and she did reply, but I'm sure that didn't happen lol.
Tinder is a joke no matter how old you are since it's all based on looks.

Old 05-31-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Tinder is a joke no matter how old you are since it's all based on looks.
Well, that is what you first see about a person, just like any dating site. But once you start talking to them, their personality becomes attractive also (or not) and this girl seemed to find my personality attractive, as well as mine hers. That's why I was so shocked initially that she ignored my offer to meet in person since she was so enthusiastic about the conversation from the first message.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:01 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,913,474 times
Use the energy it takes to restart the conversation with her, by starting a conversation with someone else on there.

Forget that one. Message 5 other girls on there. You can talk to multiple people on there. I have no idea where this idea that you can only talk to one at a time comes from. Especially when you aren't even out on dates with one.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
Use the energy it takes to restart the conversation with her, by starting a conversation with someone else on there.

Forget that one. Message 5 other girls on there. You can talk to multiple people on there. I have no idea where this idea that you can only talk to one at a time comes from. Especially when you aren't even out on dates with one.
I understand that Tinder is not monogamy. I'm saying that I'm in it for the purpose of finding a girlfriend, which is pretty rare at my age, and the matches I had before her were all people I wasn't attracted to. She was the first match I've had that was beautiful (I don't need a girl to be beautiful, average is ok, but she was) and (seemingly) enjoyed talking to me. All my other matches, only like 6 since I started using the app, were either extremely unattractive or chugging alcohol in their profile pictures. It was probably the first time a girl has paid that much attention to me since my ex in the beginning of our relationship almost a year ago. That's why it's disappointing.

Last edited by xxblue20; 05-31-2017 at 10:24 PM..

Old 06-01-2017, 12:42 AM

71 posts, read 57,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxblue20 View Post
Well, that is what you first see about a person, just like any dating site. But once you start talking to them, their personality becomes attractive also (or not) and this girl seemed to find my personality attractive, as well as mine hers. That's why I was so shocked initially that she ignored my offer to meet in person since she was so enthusiastic about the conversation from the first message.
Ugh -__- You have literally no idea what this girls personality is like after exchanging messages on Tinder. You actually have no idea what she really looks like either! Just because her photo is cute doesn't mean she's all that great in person. She could even be a totally different girl. You also need to understand that a lot of girls do not take Tinder seriously so just because she was being nice and friendly for a few messages that doesn't mean anything. She was probably bored and talking to like 10 different guys. I used to have Tinder and would engage guys for fun and that's it. Again, not trying to be mean I just think you need to get some perspective and experience.

Old 06-01-2017, 08:00 AM

41,940 posts, read 36,716,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candlewood4 View Post
Ugh -__- You have literally no idea what this girls personality is like after exchanging messages on Tinder. You actually have no idea what she really looks like either! Just because her photo is cute doesn't mean she's all that great in person. She could even be a totally different girl. You also need to understand that a lot of girls do not take Tinder seriously so just because she was being nice and friendly for a few messages that doesn't mean anything. She was probably bored and talking to like 10 different guys. I used to have Tinder and would engage guys for fun and that's it. Again, not trying to be mean I just think you need to get some perspective and experience.
Yeah, lots of people use it as a way to kill time, have some fun, etc. Never invest emotionally or mentally in people you haven't met. It's that simple.

Old 06-01-2017, 08:48 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,196,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You have not met yet let alone been on an actual date and you are presenting yourself as needy, clingy, and possessive.
Be patient or move on.
Agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningPoeFrost View Post
Boy please don't

If she wanted to talk to you, she would have by now. Just let it go and find woman who actually wants to talk you, they're out there. Keep looking
Amen x 1000,

Old 06-01-2017, 11:08 AM

424 posts, read 234,965 times
Dude you're 20. Why are you even bothering with this nonsense?

Are you in college? If so, just go around campus and cold approach girls. Start going to parties and become popular.

If you're not in college, well, enroll in college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships