Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 11:58 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,630,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Why?

In my experience it's true. Because part of what makes a girl special is how hard it is to pursue her. I mean, if she isn't worth pursuing, then what's the point?

But if a girl has sex with me on the first date, I'm just not really interested anymore. It just makes it seem like she's obsessed with sex. She can get that anywhere.

I don't know. I just don't think a girl should give it up on the first date. At the same time, this is not something I would reveal to you. I would just let things work out as they should.
Why? Because it drips with misogyny. All of these attitudes towards sex are rooted in the belief that a female is property of a male.

Maybe after sex on a first date, a woman should stop being interested in you? After all, you "gave it up" on the first date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2017, 12:02 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,187,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Why? Because it drips with misogyny. All of these attitudes towards sex are rooted in the belief that a female is property of a male.

Maybe after sex on a first date, a woman should stop being interested in you? After all, you "gave it up" on the first date.
Look, I don't think it's rooted in any political terminology. It's just basic psychology for me. Nature, if you will.

If you give it up to me on the first date, how many other guys have you given it up to? Why is sex so important that you had to give it up on the first date?

There are many questions that come up when this happens.

I can honestly tell you, I hate to say it, but even if there is great chemistry, I've never called a girl back after having sex with her on the first date. Well once I did, but I was looking for something else unrelated to sex.

I mean, I don't really know why it's like that for me.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:06 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times
Sex is not something that is "given up". It is something two people do together. Good God.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:08 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,398,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jld123 View Post
I went on a hang out first day. We just sat in the car and walked by the water and sat in the car somemore. Things heated up. Do you think the guy judges me? What do guys feel about that. Thanks
I'd be hot too if I was just sitting around in a dang car.

What would he be judging you for? Sweating?

If that's all he's got to do, I'd be judging HIM.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post

Also, why do you have to label me as a misogynist? I don't get it.

What kind of dude do you want? You want a real dude or a dude that lays down?

In my experience, girls want real dudes no matter what they may say on television or whatever. That's not real life.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:13 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,068,765 times
So, on date #2, is a marriage proposal likely?

Old 06-02-2017, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Also, why do you have to label me as a misogynist? I don't get it.

Let me help you. Having the mindset that if a woman has sex on her terms devalues her as an person, that is a misogynistic mindset. It is not having respect for women. Especially, if you were one of those people she had sex with, and you devalue her for it. You're effectively saying you degraded her. That is misogyny.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Let me help you. Having the mindset that if a woman has sex on her terms devalues her as an individual, that is a misogynistic mindset. It is not having respect for women. Especially, if you were one of those people she had sex with.
That's not what I'm saying at all.

I'm saying if she is so fast to have sex with me that it could easily happen with anyone. I could leave for two weeks and she could have had sex with some other dude.

I would just rather prefer a barrier to entry. A girl has every right to judge me if I'm quick to have sex too. I mean, why wouldn't they? Why would anyone want to go through life with blinders on or suppressing their thoughts and emotions just because they don't want someone to mislabel them?

Old 06-02-2017, 12:18 PM

I guess I'm just saying that if you have sex with me on the first date in a car with no AC by a public pond with flies and mosquitoes, I might think to myself, I'm not so sure this girl is relationship material.

That's just me.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:20 PM

Quote:
That's not what I'm saying at all.

I'm saying if she is so fast to have sex with me that it could easily happen with anyone. I could leave for two weeks and she could have had sex with some other dude.

I would just rather prefer a barrier to entry. A girl has every right to judge me if I'm quick to have sex too. I mean, why wouldn't they? Why would anyone want to go through life with blinders on or suppressing their thoughts and emotions just because they don't want someone to mislabel them?

So, she could have sex with another dude. You could have sex with another gal. So what? Sex doesn't degrade or devalue people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships