Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2017, 01:17 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,229,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Oh I missed that one, thank god.

I find the less one knows, the more boring it is. The fun part is to keep learning

A lady friend of mine said she doesn't feel like she has to do anything, cause a guy just wants a place to stick it. Not surprisingly, she doesn't care about sex. My heart fell a little when I heard this.

That's sad because not all guys are like that.

Knees

yeah, I definitely get those jello knees

Last edited by bellakin123; 06-05-2017 at 01:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 01:19 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
LMAO

"Who's your father? Pardon? Who's your father dear?"

Lol so hotttt
I was a little more street I believe.

Who's Yo Daddy?!!!

With amnesia, you tend to lose a little class.

Old 06-05-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
LMAO

"Who's your father? Pardon? Who's your father dear?"

Lol so hotttt

Old 06-05-2017, 01:23 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I was a little more street I believe.

Who's Yo Daddy?!!!

With amnesia, you tend to lose a little class.

Quote:
Awwww, no, T, I was just riffin' on your joke earlier.

Didn't mean to worry you

Old 06-05-2017, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Awwww, no, T, I was just riffin' on your joke earlier.

Didn't mean to worry you
I'm not worried. I was trying to convey flattery and blushing.

Old 06-05-2017, 01:47 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
I'm not worried. I was trying to convey flattery and blushing.

Good, cuz it was funny!

Old 06-05-2017, 01:57 PM

11,785 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
I agree with this. Another common trait I've noticed is a lot of these guys don't seem to be able to pick up on non-verbal cues. I have always been able to tell whether someone is into me or not just by the body language, facial expressions, etc. I would have never dreamed of asking if things are ok or what she thought of me or whatever.
This, I believe, is the most common downfalls when reading so many posts here. The usual statistic on this is that 93% of communication is non-verbal.

Think about that a minute. The way you say things, your facial expression, tone, body language carries over 90% of the weight of a conversation versus what you're actually saying. So people who are poor with social cues and are communication are not going to have great success until they become more at ease and adept at social interactions.

Old 06-05-2017, 02:04 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,708,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDistinguishedGentleman View Post
Of course. I'm not saying to not read body language or take cues.

What I am saying that if things are in the sh*tter anyway, you're not going to make things worse by taking a risk or 2.

This is especially true when it's a girl from the internet and you basically have no consequences for your actions.

This makes you sound like you won't take no for an answer.

Just an observation.

Old 06-05-2017, 02:07 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,789,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
You said it perfectly.

I know a few guys with this mentality. They seem to think that a woman is a keypad they have to punch a specific code into, in order to get the treasures that lie inside. Whether it be sexually, emotionally, or both. I've personally dealt with someone like this in the past. There's so much entitlement. I had a conversation the other night with a friend that related to this. He was talking about how fed up he was and how every time he gets a girl, things end. He doesn't seem to understand that a lot of relationships run their course and end at some point.

He emphasized how much he would do for them and how they are never satisfied. I don't think he really sees women as individuals, he ignores a lot of red flags, and is just in love with the idea of love. As far as I know, he's only been heavily involved with 2 or 3 women. I think too many people base their self worth on whether or not someone wants to be with them or spend time with them. I understand most people want companionship but they shouldn't make themselves unhappy trying to get it.
Yep, I'm guilty of this for sure. I'm not a doormat, but I am a gentleman and I like doing things for the woman I'm dating. Dating for me is a means to an end, that end being marriage. Dating is not fun unless there are strong feelings on both sides. The very beginning (courting) and trying to meet women in general just isn't enjoyable. Don't get me wrong, I love a great date, but the anxiety that goes along with initial dates with a woman who I'm not sure is into me is just stressful. Also, I can be alone, but humans aren't meant to be alone indefinitely.

Old 06-05-2017, 02:11 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Also, I can be alone, but humans aren't meant to be alone indefinitely.
People are meant for whichever way they choose to live their lives.

IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships