Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 02:44 AM

23,164 posts, read 26,118,923 times

Advertisements

Are you really so broke you can't even spare the gas to pick her up and take her back to the airport?
I gather you eat. Just Ramen noodles or ordinarily enough so you can cook enough for two...make a picnic lunch?
You know what I'm getting at.
While you dropped the ball once, your split is recent. Consider picking it back up again and ask her to come if you aren't totally penniless.
She sounds like a very special woman and if you've been honest enough with her so she really understands your circumstances, you're nuts if you don't give it a chance, especially since you know your situation has an end point and it's not forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2017, 06:12 AM

818 posts, read 454,571 times
Thanks Oc and yeah , she is,
Trouble is l'm self employed and it's been a bad yr, the the house blow outs, and then l had to buy another car, financial year from hell actually.
Mind you , there's still been one or two good mths when l've been rolling in it but on those she hasn't been able to come because of things her end.
So yeah your right it's not too late and l'd do that right this second, but l just can't.

But what makes it worse , is she 's incredible on 50 levels but nope she's not perfect. And one of her things is she is really bad about money things.
She's a finely tuned machine with her own finances you see and she's never known any body with a business and doesn't get the feast and famine nature of business in bad and good years and now she blames all that for us.
And frankly , the way things have been this last 12mths, l really don't blame her but man , l don't wanna have her over if l'm flat broke. l need around 1500 spare you see, for us and house payments if l'm not working a few wks.
So nah l don;t wanna throw money around or anything but hey l'd at least like us to be able to do some things and to look after her nicely..
Soooo, it's been a show stopper

Last edited by hawk101; 08-06-2017 at 06:21 AM..

Old 08-06-2017, 06:35 AM

When you say "rolling in it" does that mean enough to pay your bills comfortably?
Or enough so that you could put some aside for the leaner months?
You get what I'm asking?

Old 08-06-2017, 06:51 AM

That s one thing about her , she's not the most understanding person in the world when it comes to money.
Doesn't get how business goes up and down and that sometimes l live like a king , but it has it's price and you get bad mths and yr too.
Doesn't get that here anyway, usually when people buy a house your pretty well living on the smell of an oily rag for a year or two later getting ahead again and that there's usually some blow outs too and they can be 1,000s
Doesn't get how you gotta find 10k for another car, seems to think oh , you just pluck 10 or 20k out of thin air, all done.
She knows the year l've had and the house yet couldn't understand why l didn't just go and buy this 30k truck l've wanted to get instead , when my old car clapped out.

She's strange about money things .

Old 08-06-2017, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
When you say "rolling in it" does that mean enough to pay your bills comfortably?
Or enough so that you could put some aside for the leaner months?
You get what I'm asking?
Oh yeah sure nah , much more than that. On good year l can put away 5 or 10k a mth after everything and then some and go blow 5 as well .ps , that's sometimes , not mth in and mth out , or l'd be rich. But you know , it goes up and down and l do get plenty of good periods like that normally. But ha, l'd give eye teeth for a few of them this year,
Often on good yrs l also only have to work 4 or 5mths a year too and yeah , you usually have a good back up , but sometimes with a yr like this , that can disappear pretty quick smart with a few blow outs.
l've also got two other properties , even after a divorce , now 3 .
Actually got one on the market, wish it'd sell , damn things costing me to hold atm and l don;t have the spare this year.

These are all things that's made this yr so crazy too especially that it's actually stopping a relationship , it's surreal considering other years.

Last edited by hawk101; 08-06-2017 at 07:12 AM..

Old 08-06-2017, 07:08 AM

You're giving me the idea that it's not so much any lack of money with you but that you're not very good at managing it.
She might be better off looking elsewhere, after all.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:36 AM

No , l'm not.l'm pretty bad The best way for me is to buy things with it or to be paying things off with it , that way it gets used properly.
That's why l've got the other two places , can't spend property haha.

As far as her looking somewhere else, well if that's the type of girl she is then yeah , you bet , she better look somewhere else.
l was married 20 yrs and we iived nicely and had 3 places and ex was a very supportive women , we both were.
So nope , got no interest the type of women that might think she needs to look somewhere else or knows nothing about supporting each other. Or that can't add up 2 plus two and figure out that most people are lucky to have one property and never have any extra to spend so l must be doing something right
And l have wondered that about her. Like l said , she's not perfect and that is one thing about her,

Old 08-06-2017, 07:54 AM

Another funny thing about her money stuff.
Well , 2 actually.
Firstly she would say oh l just can't get use to someone with a business.
My ex had a job .
I'd say yeah babe , and he was also paying off two ex wives and living in a rented unit.
And, now your paying 2k a mth renting a unit but l bring in 2 and 1/2 k a mth from people paying me to rent my properties,
And when l finish my storage units next yr l'll be being paid 6k a mth from people renting of me , not me paying them.

And 2ndly , even with all my set backs this yr , there were still the odd ok mths and she could've come 2 or 3 times, but her stuff was in the way.

But still - nothing , no comprehenda , nada.
So she is a little bit weird in some ways.

Old 08-06-2017, 09:06 AM

I'd say she's the 'kind of girl' that would rather not have to live like a pauper ( or support you) for months and then live high on the hog others.
I believe she was being carefully polite when she phrased it as someone "with a business".That is not weird.
What's weird is for someone doing the bragging you're doing but who can't manage his money well enough to afford the gas to pick her up at the airport.
I'm done here. Best of luck to you.

Old 08-06-2017, 09:24 AM

Ahh , 1 , l didn't mean support as in financially.
l meant support as in we supported each others indevers .
gf wouldn't even have to work here if she didn't want to, my ex w never worked.

2. l'd explained the house , car and blowouts.

3. Ahh, not bragging , trying to show that sometimes you might go without to get places but it's well worth it, l'm also in a property forum , we always put down our numbers and plans, if ya don't every one asks for them

But alas. deaf ears , even with all that effort and l knew this was a mistake but, not to worry.
Good luck to you too.

oh and ps , is there anyway to delete those posts now then as l've put info there just to explain things but that's done absolutely nothing and so l'd rather remove it , matter of fact l'll email the mod right now.?

Oh and one more thing , you know it wasn't about the gas, l also explained that up there too, l even put the number in. But you still come back with gas.

Last edited by hawk101; 08-06-2017 at 09:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships