Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 06:06 PM

7,125 posts, read 12,665,237 times

Advertisements

He's kind, funny, smart, sexy and...knows how to get rid of viruses on my computer that freeze up my screen. I'm in bliss!

Why do you love your SO??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 06:55 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Because he's basically the best person I've ever met.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:49 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,481,162 times
Honestly, I don't know why, I just do. It's just a combination of who he is. What stands out to me is that he's so genuinely kind to everyone, has a quirky sense of humor that makes me laugh, can always be counted on for a solution to any problem I have, and he's very generous in bed.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:50 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,236,769 times
He is Mr. CSD and there is nothing in particular I love all of him all the time but there are times I don't really like him too much.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:54 PM

926 posts, read 673,631 times
OP, I'm happy for you that you're in bliss and have found your soulmate!

As far as answering your question...I no longer am in love with my SO (now STBX)....he has led me on, strung me along (including strewing bread crumbs on the ground) and has taken my love, devotion and commitment in our relationship for granted...

...so, when I move on with my life without him (which will be soon), he can gag on all the neglect, dissonance, indifference, disrespect and apathy that he has given me throughout our ENTIRE "relationship".

As I always say, Karma skips over NO ONE. Anyways, sorry to be such a downer to your thread, but I thought I'd share the other side of NOT loving your Significant Other...because what has happened to me happens in more relationships than you realize.

Anyways, good luck to you and may you and your SO spend a lot of loving and happy moments together!

Old 06-06-2017, 09:47 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times
He cuddles wee little kitties
Endearingly silly and funny (he doesn't try to be, he just is)
Super affectionate and loving
Patient
Open
Compassionate and empathetic
Sensitive
Great listener
Introspective
Thoughtful
Unbelievably kind and sweet
Nerdy/geeky
Passionate
He draws things and writes things, and even sings to me (and our daughter. *swoon*). I love his creative and artistic side.
He has a sexy brain. He has many varied interests and skills and can talk a great deal about a lot of different things. Very intellectually stimulating and makes for really engaging and fun conversations.
Really easygoing and calm by nature, and also introverted like me.
His sexy voice. (I called first, after asking for his number, but it went to voicemail when he had trouble answering it. And when I heard is voice... I was SO giddy.)
Dimples
His heathenism

It doesn't hurt that he's very pleasing to the eye. Very handsome man.

Old 06-06-2017, 11:12 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
She completes me!

Old 06-07-2017, 12:06 AM

1,020 posts, read 808,834 times
He makes me laugh, he mows the lawn, he's an excellent provider, he challenges my intellect every day (& I his), you know how most couples say we complete each others sentences? We don't. We just look at each other & automatically know what the other is thinking. No words necessary. We are completely in tune with one another. He is laid back, I am a hyper vigilant Type A, he's the yin to my yang (or do I have that backwards)? We have fascinating conversations about everything. IDK if I love this, but he loves to debate, often taking a position I know he doesn't believe in, simply to debate. As annoying as it is in the moment, since learning is my #1 pleasure in life, I have to say I appreciate it. He's cute & funny & sarcastic & we share musical tastes & a love of dogs.

We are so in tune, that in many ways we have ESP with each other. To a level that is frankly, scary at times. Yet we grew up differently enough that we still learn new things about each other 30 years later.

And since I have another SO, if you've read other threads...

He really truly listens, he is my #1 cheerleader in life, he lets relax by allowing me to show sides of me that I never show to anyone else, he values my intellect & thinks I'm smartest person he ever met. We have fascinating conversations about everything & he opens his mind to things that it used to be closed to (he's my political opposite), he is protective, he's respectful & he's the most patient man I've ever met. He's cute & serious & I feel safe with him. We share no musical tastes & our growing up was very different, which makes for different perspectives, which is always interesting.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:13 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,344,993 times
I feel in love with him because he was different than any other man I had known. He's was smarter, more caring, and treated me well. He didn't play games, and when I was "afraid" and started to pull away from him, he called me out on it. He was handsome and a 1000 other things.

The reasons I still love him--just way too many things. He's been an excellent partner in life, works hard, is/was a wonderful father to our children, is still handsome to me, makes me laugh, overlooks my mistakes, understands and accepts me like no other person in the world, etc., etc., etc.

He has been my best friend for 35 years.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:30 AM

2,707 posts, read 2,837,647 times
She loves me unconditionally, and accepts me and all my short-comings. She gives to me without asking for anything in return, but yet, I willingly give her my all every day. Her voice, her scent, her touch all still makes my heart beat faster even after 25 years, and I know I am nothing without her. My best friend, and confidant, always.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships