Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 06:42 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,295,053 times

Advertisements

There're threads made by posters such as saying they're no longer physically attracted to their partners etc. So it happens, but I'd say more commonly so in men as they're mostly visual, not to say women can't be but emotional needs are higher.

If the partner cannot be aroused anymore, most likely other issue already exists before the visual turn off becomes a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2017, 07:18 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,580 posts, read 17,923,325 times
Is this thread about new relationships? If that's the case, no, you shouldn't bother getting in a relationship with someone who is physically unattractive to you.

If this is about long term (as in lifelong) relationships, that's going to happen. Few people look as good at 60 as they did at 22. If you are in a long term relationship and you expect your partner to not go through the typical aging process, you're in for disappointment.

And that goes both ways. If you think you can make your partner suck in air just by catching a glimpse of you stepping out of the shower 40 years after you married, you're in for disappointment. Livin' in the real world.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:28 AM

9,368 posts, read 6,966,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
As far as seeing my lover in the nude, it doesn't arouse me that much.
Because he/she's too fat, wrinkly, etc.
Is this necessarily wrong to think this way about your SO?
I just wanted to get some opinions, seems to me that this is probably more common in the older population than one would think since most would never admit it. I don't think that both a visual and emotional turn on is needed, especially for men, but maybe I'm wrong?
Again, arouse that much or just like "that's cool" instead of a "really hot hottie/hunk" way.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mQZmCJUSC6g

Old 06-09-2017, 08:28 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant17 View Post
Always do it in the dark.
Personally, I don't think you should "always" do anything when it comes to sex. I mean, the dark can be fun, sure, but not EVERY time. Variety is the best part. Sometimes you don't even know where you'll end up LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
That's so sad. If someone is that repulsed by someone's body why even bother having sex?

I don't like having sex in the dark. I prefer, to have all the lights on so i can get the full experience. I want to see all her body flaws, her facial expression, body language, smell her scent, etc.

Tough to do in the dark with bags over our heads, LOl
I agree, HC. Well, maybe not ALL the lights But the visual is a big part of the experience. Besides, how am I gonna see his O face in the dark??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Is this thread about new relationships? If that's the case, no, you shouldn't bother getting in a relationship with someone who is physically unattractive to you.
Yep.

Quote:
If this is about long term (as in lifelong) relationships, that's going to happen. Few people look as good at 60 as they did at 22. If you are in a long term relationship and you expect your partner to not go through the typical aging process, you're in for disappointment.

And that goes both ways. If you think you can make your partner suck in air just by catching a glimpse of you stepping out of the shower 40 years after you married, you're in for disappointment. Livin' in the real world.
Very true For most long-term couples, just because your partner doesn't look like an Adonis after decades together doesn't mean he doesn't have ANY appeal. I know that's a really weird concept for the very young, but that's the beauty of being human.

Old 06-09-2017, 09:29 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,228,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant17 View Post
Always do it in the dark.
Oh nay, nay! I love seeing my guy's expressions, his smile, the lusty look on his face and he loves seeing mine!

Op, we're all getting older. Not everyone ages gracefully but when it's your spouse/partner, whatever, and you love them for THEM, then the few extra pounds or wrinkles shouldn't matter.

If you can find that miracle potion that keeps us all youthful and beautiful, let me know

Old 06-09-2017, 09:47 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,242,769 times
The term "nude"= shudder.

Old 06-09-2017, 09:50 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
The term "nude"= shudder.
Aw, you don't enjoy getting NUDE and looking at NUDEness? LOLOL

You could always just say "nekkid" like folks where I live.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:15 AM

20,756 posts, read 19,947,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
As far as seeing my lover in the nude, it doesn't arouse me that much.
Because he/she's too fat, wrinkly, etc.
Is this necessarily wrong to think this way about your SO?
I just wanted to get some opinions, seems to me that this is probably more common in the older population than one would think since most would never admit it. I don't think that both a visual and emotional turn on is needed, especially for men, but maybe I'm wrong?
Again, arouse that much or just like "that's cool" instead of a "really hot hottie/hunk" way.
Is this the case with every person or just with one? If just one, I would say, you don't love him/her (enough).

I am aroused by the specific male part, so if the rest of the body isn't that great, I concentrate on the schlong only.

I am attracted to ripped guys but half of my exes were chubbies and I guess not so great looking. I am still getting aroused by their body though.

If he is super hot, it is rather a disadvantage because then I can hardly concentrate and think straight, even if he is dressed. I almost prefer to date not so hot guys or we won't ever leave the bedroom, I get distracted if they have nice arms/chest.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:42 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,344,831 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
WHy wouldn't I admit it? He's 50 pounds overweight with a big belly and scrawny legs! So right...visually not a turn on...but he does know how to do a few things I like!
As someone who is about to turn 60 (my daughter will not let me forget this) Something I've noticed as I've aged is a softening of my eyesight and touch. Not literally perhaps, but a softening. The eyes and touch, not other stuff.

reneeh63 took my next point to another level , but I'll make it anyway. Those of us who are reasonably well adjusted make some kind of peace with reality. To quote to mid 20th century philosophers, Jagger and Richards, "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might just find, you get what you need".

Old 06-09-2017, 10:57 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,746,700 times
I have a friend who used to be known for dating women that were, to put it nicely, not attractive in the classical way. When another friend asked him why he did it his reply was "everyone looks good from a certain angle". Although I've seen a few women who would seem to disprove that rule, generally speaking he's correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships