Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 02:04 PM

1 posts, read 711 times

Advertisements

(English is not my first language, therefore please ignore the grammatical mistakes)

Hello,

I have been engaged for about 3 years now. We were suppose to get married later this year. My fiance loves me a lot. She forces me to spend time with her. I don't know how else to say it but she is the clingy type and I am more of a reserved guy. But I love her none the less, may be not as intensely as she does.

But here is what happened that really broke my heart. A week ago I found her receiving sex messages from her ex-class mate. It was going on for about a month. I was devastated to find out this. I immediately told her that it's over and we wont be getting married.

But she begged me not to do that. She said that it was a mistake and it will never ever happen again. I know that she will never do that again. I am also sure that this was only through texting and they never did anything physical. But I am completely devastated and can't believe it, that she could do something like that. So I was firm that marriage is not gonna happen and it's over.

Here is when things got complicated. After 1 day of my refusal, she started getting seizure attacks. When I took her to the hospital they said that she has 'Conversion disorder' - means these seizure attacks are due to a trauma ( breakup). So during her treatment I told her that I forgive her and we are not breaking up. Only after that she started getting back. She is improving now.

I don't know what should i do? To be honest after that incident I don't trust and like her anymore. But since I love and care for her I keep telling her that I am not leaving her, so that she can recover from her condition.

Please help.

Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2017, 02:13 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzohaib View Post
To be honest after that incident I don't trust and like her anymore.
You can't live life like this ^^.

Why have you been engaged for three years and have not gotten married?

Old 06-10-2017, 02:32 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times
No one can make that decision but you.

I wouldn't stay with someone I don't trust or like, but that's me.

More than likely you feel obligated to stay with her because of her psychosomatic disorder. That's not a good reason to stay with someone. To me she's proven that she's not really trust worthy, seeing as she easily began sexting someone else. That's enough for me to walk away.

Old 06-10-2017, 02:49 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times
I agree that no one can make this decision for you...

Me personally, I think I could find a way to forgive and stick with her. However, I would need to delay the marriage and extend the engagement another year.

Old 06-10-2017, 02:51 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
I know that she will never do that again.
How are you so confident about this ^^ OP?

Old 06-10-2017, 04:38 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,223 times
You are being manipulated, my friend. Do not stand for it. Is she gonna cheat and then claim seizures when you confront her? DROP her, now, and get someone who deserves you.

Old 06-11-2017, 01:16 AM

61,694 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
You are being manipulated, my friend. Do not stand for it. Is she gonna cheat and then claim seizures when you confront her? DROP her, now, and get someone who deserves you.
I think so too.

Old 06-11-2017, 07:15 AM

2,775 posts, read 3,759,929 times
Quote:
(English is not my first language, therefore please ignore the grammatical mistakes)

Hello,

I have been engaged for about 3 years now. We were suppose to get married later this year. My fiance loves me a lot. She forces me to spend time with her. I don't know how else to say it but she is the clingy type and I am more of a reserved guy. But I love her none the less, may be not as intensely as she does.

But here is what happened that really broke my heart. A week ago I found her receiving sex messages from her ex-class mate. It was going on for about a month. I was devastated to find out this. I immediately told her that it's over and we wont be getting married.

But she begged me not to do that. She said that it was a mistake and it will never ever happen again. I know that she will never do that again. I am also sure that this was only through texting and they never did anything physical. But I am completely devastated and can't believe it, that she could do something like that. So I was firm that marriage is not gonna happen and it's over.

Here is when things got complicated. After 1 day of my refusal, she started getting seizure attacks. When I took her to the hospital they said that she has 'Conversion disorder' - means these seizure attacks are due to a trauma ( breakup). So during her treatment I told her that I forgive her and we are not breaking up. Only after that she started getting back. She is improving now.

I don't know what should i do? To be honest after that incident I don't trust and like her anymore. But since I love and care for her I keep telling her that I am not leaving her, so that she can recover from her condition.

Please help.

Thank you so much!
I am assuming you don't have children with her right? If this is a "no" then...DONT GET HER PREGNANT!! It sounds like she's the type to trap you in; tamper with the condoms, "forget" to take her BC pills. Also, if children aren't in the mix here, RUN! She has a red flag characteristic of a cheater. You say nothing has gotten physical with this ex-class mate. How do you know? This whole situation sounds like one giant "I dodged a bullet there" situation. Get out while you can otherwise you'll end up marrying a future (or present) cheater.

Old 06-11-2017, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You can't live life like this ^^.

Why have you been engaged for three years and have not gotten married?
Probably because he notices the red flags but don't know how to react. Sounds like he is paralyzed and doesn't know which direction to go and is hoping one day things will magically get better.

Old 06-11-2017, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
So true. He is being manipulated. This is the first tactic. If this works, the next tactic to pop up when he is thinking about leaving her is an "accidental" pregnancy. That'll cement him to her for a LONG time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships