Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 09:42 AM

728 posts, read 470,171 times

Advertisements

Your mind being your worst enemy. I keep thinking back to the last woman and things she probably lied about. I start getting angry again. Up until she contacted me 3 weeks ago and I didn't respond, I felt I was getting over her. I was in a good place in my mind about it. Since then, she creeps in my mind more, and I get mad about old grievances. I wish I could get back to the peacefulness I felt about it before. Ever experience this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2017, 09:45 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,316,343 times
Can't say I've felt exactly as you do, no.

But I recommend letting go of the anger. It is heavy, cancerous, and serves no purpose other than to do YOU harm.

Anger is a negation of life. Go live your life.

Be in control of your mind, not the other way 'round.

Old 06-13-2017, 02:56 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,843,571 times
Ruining the short time we have on this world being angry over other people is useless.

Old 06-13-2017, 04:48 AM

23,155 posts, read 26,086,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant17 View Post
Your mind being your worst enemy. I keep thinking back to the last woman and things she probably lied about. I start getting angry again. Up until she contacted me 3 weeks ago and I didn't respond, I felt I was getting over her. I was in a good place in my mind about it. Since then, she creeps in my mind more, and I get mad about old grievances. I wish I could get back to the peacefulness I felt about it before. Ever experience this?
Experience it, sure.
Immediately tell myself to STOP and purposely direct my traitorous little mind to go somewhere else.

Old 06-13-2017, 06:24 AM

11,374 posts, read 24,356,842 times
It is hard to redirect your mind when you're hurting. The best thing to do is stay busy, busier than usual, so you're focused on something else. It's also good to attend a good yoga class that teaches breathing and meditation as a way to quiet your obsessive thoughts. Go regularly. It will also help you feel better about yourself.

Old 06-13-2017, 06:48 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,788,991 times
Sure, when I was a 20something kid I was my own worst enemy most of the time. It's part of learning to grow up.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:50 AM

651 posts, read 405,991 times
Time fixes almost everything. This will eventually go away or at least wont feel as aggravating.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:16 AM

473 posts, read 305,613 times
Yes... We are thinking to move together but I am not sure if I like my ways, stuffs and furnitores more than I like him... Or it is just my mind saving , covering and tricking me... That maybe I am just too afraid to try and living with my furnitores is safe solution to me.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:21 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,180,176 times
Yes, I experience that, but the anger is more a reaction to hurt. The last man I loved played me for a fool, took advantage of my kind heart, etc etc...I was angry but mostly I was so hurt someone could use me like that then toss me away.

No contact as a rule exists so you can get the distance you need to get over SO. Every week you should feel better. If an angry thought pops up, mindfully redirect, don't let it 'keep going' and get out of control until it is overpowering.

It makes sense, to me anyway, that the "clock restarted" when she contacted you. I suggest you block all points of contact and do not visit any of her social media at all.

Old 06-15-2017, 12:12 PM

61,323 posts, read 86,235,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant17 View Post
You still want her, don't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships