Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 10:23 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,068,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Fixation as some folks are on looks and money, they don't get it. The reasons you are a guy that women don't want to date.

• First you call us girls. Men date women, not girls.
  • You are terrified to talk to us, and we can tell. It represents not seeing us as people, but a commodity to acquire.
  • Since you are terrified to talk to use, we know you don't want to DATE us. You just want to bang us. The only quality in us you care about is whether or not we meet your minimum standard of attractiveness.
  • You think there is one set of things that "girls" are attracted to, not recognizing that we are all different people.
If you think we can't smell these vibes coming off you, you are wrong.
You sound angry.

Old 06-16-2017, 10:24 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
OP's post is just another attempt at prettied up words to bash men and call it legitimate because of the *vibe* one feels.
OP, are you sure that *vibe* is not from something electronic, a train, an earthquake, bass coming from speakers,
something battery operated......

Old 06-16-2017, 10:26 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,021,108 times
Personally, I think nervousness CAN be quite charming and flattering...and humbling, in a way. It's like "You nervous because of ME? I matter that much to you? How flattering."

My issue with all this...what to call it? Objectifying? Is when the conversation ends up turning women into '*******' because THE GUYS have decided that they themselves are too plain, too shy, too quiet too WHATEVER and now, it's somehow OUR fault, and now we're simultaneously desired, feared and hated all at once.

Old 06-16-2017, 10:27 AM

10,342 posts, read 5,863,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Whenever a girl has called me a cute boy (as happened earlier this week), I always respond positively
I do it all in fun, if it pisses someone off, well that's my form of weeding I guess.

Old 06-16-2017, 10:28 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,068,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Personally, I think nervousness CAN be quite charming and flattering...and humbling, in a way. It's like "You nervous because of ME? I matter that much to you? How flattering."

My issue with all this...what to call it? Objectifying? Is when the conversation ends up turning women into '*******' because THE GUYS have decided that they themselves are too plain, too shy, too quiet too WHATEVER and now, it's somehow OUR fault, and now we're simultaneously desired, feared and hated all at once.

I think that women such as OP who opened this thread are no different than the dudes you're speaking of here. Neither side is a healthy representation.

Old 06-16-2017, 10:29 AM

477 posts, read 314,585 times
I've never been offended by the word "girl". Context is everything; if someone called me a "cute girl" it would not be the same as being called a "girl" like I was in the Jim Crow South. I agree with some of your points OP, but that one is a bit much. Are you bothered by a lot of song titles, like "California Girls" or "My Girl"?

Old 06-16-2017, 10:29 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I do it all in fun, if it pisses someone off, well that's my form of weeding I guess.

Yup, good weeding out banter.

Old 06-16-2017, 10:32 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,750,199 times
Quote:
Fixation as some folks are on looks and money, they don't get it. The reasons you are a guy that women don't want to date.

• You are terrified to talk to us, and we can tell. It represents not seeing us as people, but a commodity to acquire.
  • Since you are terrified to talk to use, we know you don't want to DATE us. You just want to bang us. The only quality in us you care about is whether or not we meet your minimum standard of attractiveness.
  • You think there is one set of things that "girls" are attracted to, not recognizing that we are all different people.
I know plenty of men who call women girls and get lots of dates. Or they did. Most of them are married now. Your other points are probably more accurate although I don't agree with the conclusion that the dateless wonders only want to bang chicks.

I think it's a lot simpler than this really, and I don't need 4 points to express it.

Women are attracted to Men. Period end of sentence. Grown up boys ain't gonna cut it.

Guys who complain about women who like jerks instead of nice guys are missing an important point. Women would prefer a Man who is a jerk over a manchild who is "nice", because they want a MAN. A genuinely nice Man is going to be very successful with women. Nice in the context of the manchild usually means worshipful and needy anyways, instead of actually nice. Who wants to be worshipped by a manchild? Sounds dreadful to me.

Old 06-16-2017, 10:35 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,021,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
[/b]

I think that women such as OP who opened this thread are no different than the dudes you're speaking of here. Neither side is a healthy representation.

I can agree with that.

And I'm not implying it's all guys. Heck, it might only be a couple. But it seems to hit a trigger with me, and I seem to 'see' these issues quite a bit.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:07 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,033,533 times
Quote:

Speak for yourself. I do not mind being called a girl...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships