Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2017, 12:11 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,972,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post

The women you're are describing in my area are extremely picky because there's like 1,000 men chasing them.

I wouldn't call them amazing, they're just normal women in an area with a lack of decent single women.

Not sure what DennyCrane lives but if he's in his early 40's and in the right location he can still find it since there's more women than ever over 30 without kids. They're just concentrated in certain parts of the country.
Yeah, this is basically true. I know a handful of women that fit this description, including myself. We're just normal people who tick the boxes in major categories for a lot of men.

I live in a midsized city and have plenty of options. Smaller towns are more difficult since they typically settle down earlier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 12:16 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,018,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Luck, I am so sorry to hear your kids have medical issues of that magnitude. I cannot imagine anything scarier.

My daughters have had their illnesses and injuries, but thank the stars nothing chronic or congenital. My heart goes out to you and your children.
Thank you.

My oldest is accident prone when she attempts to play sports. My youngest does have chronic health issues. I appreciate your kind words.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:25 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,786,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
There are plenty of single women over 30 who don't have kids. But of those women, what percentage want to have kids someday? Easily over half. Maybe even 75%. Now out of the 25% that don't, how many are nonreligious liberals? I live in the southeastern part of the country. Not exactly a place full of nonreligious liberals to begin with. And, as I stated earlier, moving isn't an option. And as someone who's over 40, I'd actually prefer a woman in her 40s as well. If I were simply looking for a fling or just short term dating, this would be easy. But I'd rather find someone with whom I'd have long term compatibility with.
From what I've heard the Carolinas have tons of women, it's one of the areas where women from the NE move to. Georgia is probably ok too...parts of it very rural though.

Florida is sketchy, a lot of older people, lack of jobs in many areas, a lot of gold diggers in Miami, superficial culture, etc. I still love it..just don't look for women there. The woman I'm closest to lives in FL but she was born elsewhere in a different culture.

I would just get on EHarmony and let the system match you up with people everywhere in the country, and just state in your profile that you can't move.

It's possible you would find someone that's only 1 or 2 states away. In the southeast that's very doable for 2 people trying to find each other. I gave AtlGuy the same advice.

It is one of the only sites that will let men set it to match you up with women without children exclusively.

Also there are 2 options women can choose. They either say that do want kids, or might want kids...if the woman is already in her mid 30's...she might be leaning more towards "not" wanting kids even though she's listed as a "might".

Last edited by wanderlust76; 06-22-2017 at 12:36 PM..

Old 06-22-2017, 12:33 PM

102,126 posts, read 107,381,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
There are plenty of single women over 30 who don't have kids. But of those women, what percentage want to have kids someday? Easily over half. Maybe even 75%. Now out of the 25% that don't, how many are nonreligious liberals? I live in the southeastern part of the country. Not exactly a place full of nonreligious liberals to begin with. And, as I stated earlier, moving isn't an option. And as someone who's over 40, I'd actually prefer a woman in her 40s as well. If I were simply looking for a fling or just short term dating, this would be easy. But I'd rather find someone with whom I'd have long term compatibility with.
ALL OF THEM! lol Every one of them I know. It's too bad you can't move. Location, location, location!

Old 06-22-2017, 12:37 PM

102,126 posts, read 107,381,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
From what I've heard the Carolinas have tons of women, it's one of the areas where women from the NE move to. Georgia is probably ok too...parts of it very rural though.

Florida is sketchy, a lot of older people, lack of jobs in many areas, a lot of gold diggers in Miami, superficial culture, etc. I still love it..just don't look for women there.

I would just get on EHarmony and let the system match you up with people everywhere in the country, and just state in your profile that you can't move.

It's possible you would find someone that's only 1 or 2 states away. In the southeast that's very doable for 2 people trying to find each other. I gave AtlGuy the same advice.

It is one of the only sites that will let men set it to match you up with women without children exclusively.

Also there are 2 options women can choose. They either say that do want kids, or might want kids...if the woman is already in her mid 30's...she might be leaning more towards "not" wanting kids even though she's listed as a "might".
Not a bad idea. A couple of years ago, someone posted a link to an OLD site that specialized in helping people with a high level of education match up, and it was a nation-wide pool, because the site organizers assumed it would take a nation-wide search to find a good match for professionals of that level. So one of the standard questions on their registration form was "Willing to relocate?" Unfortunately, I have no recollection of the name of the OLD service. But something like that could be priceless for people like the OP.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:42 PM

641 posts, read 404,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Never said they were. I am just tired of the made up excuses.

But if someone wants to pretend that an ER nurse who works 12 hour shifts, runs 5 days a week, takes care of her grandmother every other weekend, and runs marathons on the other weekends is going to have more time, flexibility, and spontaneity than a single mom with a 17 year old, they are telling themselves stories.

If someone doesn't want to date people with kids, fine, but be honest with yourself and others about it. You don't want to date someone with kids because you don't want any kids of any age in your life, you don't want any other person to take priority over you with the person you're dating, you've just randomly decided that all single moms have too much "drama," etc. But don't make up stuff about spontaneity and flexibility when the kids are grown or virtually so, and there are so many, many other things can take up people's time. It's insulting.
I'd date single mums but realistically only to the point that I wouldn't actually be around the kids because I don't want kids and it wouldn't be fair on them. So in effect it'd only be casual dating because the kid or kids will always be priority for a single mum.

This may be something I revisit in my 40s or 50s (i'm early 30s).

Old 06-22-2017, 12:49 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,018,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
I'd date single mums but realistically only to the point that I wouldn't actually be around the kids because I don't want kids and it wouldn't be fair on them. So in effect it'd only be casual dating because the kid or kids will always be priority for a single mum.

This may be something I revisit in my 40s or 50s (i'm early 30s).
I see no issue with this as long as the single mom is aware that you have no interest in kids or see a future with her in that capacity.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:59 PM

641 posts, read 404,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I see no issue with this as long as the single mom is aware that you have no interest in kids or see a future with her in that capacity.
I'd be up front about it. Unfortunately guys who are honest and fair in these matters (particularly right away) will often miss out whereas the smooth talking douchebag will say whatever the woman wants to hear and whatever he needs to to get laid. That's the problem guys have.

I'm not a user and have often missed out by being straight with women as I really don't want marriage or kids and like my peace and quiet. Women around my age typically either have kids, are married, or want kids and/or marriage. I might feel differently in another 10 or 15 years. Women in their 20s more typically aren't as eager for more immediate commitment and it's easier to find women without kids.

Old 06-22-2017, 01:10 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,351,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
ALL OF THEM! lol Every one of them I know. It's too bad you can't move. Location, location, location!
Yep. Location plays a significant factor. He might have less success in an area where a lot of women are religious and settle down early and have children. If relocation isn't an option then, yeah, it will prove to be a struggle.

My husband had fewer options when he lived in a conservative/religious area. Like, virtually no options. Lol. He had much better success when he moved back to the city.

Old 06-22-2017, 01:14 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,838,343 times
Um, since almost everyplace is effectively 50/50 male/female (even the places that are skewed are like 1050/950, not enough to really notice on the ground) and the women are settled down, wouldnt' the men be as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships