Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 06:37 PM

926 posts, read 673,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinaProf View Post
Beautifully written! Couldn't have said it better myself!

I made the decision to get off the rodeo circuit myself a few years ago, and have never looked back!
After my last heartache, I made the decision, that, I'd ridden enough miles, and it was time to get out, while the getting was still good!

As a result, I'm happier, and more at peace than at any other time in my life!
I focus more now on friends, grandkids, family, different home projects, you name it!
I mean life is funny, and you never know what the future brings, but romance is just no longer on my radar!
I'm having too much fun, living an active, purpose filled life! If Love happens, fine, if it never happens to me again, that's o.k. too!
^^^^I wish I could feel this way!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 06:39 PM

1,713 posts, read 1,107,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFlowers17 View Post
RIP Layne....
Alice In Chains and Soundgarden were the only Seattle alternative bands I liked, because they borrowed so much from my beloved Black Sabbath.

Layne Staley articulated my thoughts on love, and sometimes life, almost too well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMXwCR0-eyw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODTv9Lt5WYs

Old 06-23-2017, 09:09 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,251,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I find myself humming this song a LOT. I must have really meant it all my life. Loved loved loved Dionne Warwick's songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzQBOBoPg04

Once was enough of this Falling In Love.....Who wants to Fall.

Gee, and you and I have so much in common: old as dirt and arthritic joints.

Caught her act in '64 on a bill that featured mostly soul singers like Solomon Burke, Joe Tex, etc. but headlined by rocker Chuck Berry.

Her best IMO was "Message To Michael" also written by the Bacharach/David duo.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles76 View Post
Alice In Chains and Soundgarden were the only Seattle alternative bands I liked, because they borrowed so much from my beloved Black Sabbath.

Layne Staley articulated my thoughts on love, and sometimes life, almost too well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMXwCR0-eyw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODTv9Lt5WYs
Those 2 songs are killer and they instantly gave me the feels the moment I listened to both of them; thanks for posting this.

I've always loved Layne...and I respect and admire the way he sings that always makes me feel these dark, sad and intense emotions so deeply, like I'm talking deep within my soul kind of deep. His songs (and that f$#%ing beautiful voice) bring me to a dark but safe place...a place where I can feel deeply and get lost in it for the duration of the song...and when it's over, I go back to living my life and being positive and having faith in the good things that are coming my way. His songs allow me to go to that dark, sad, lonely place...and to return safely to the confines of sunshine, flowers, friends and hope.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:46 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles76 View Post

Definitely. RIP, Layne. And Chris Cornell! So sad.

But there were many other Seattle bands I liked...Melvins, Mudhoney, I do like me some Nirvana, Green River...

@Scribbles-- love Sabbath too. Deeply. Favorite cuts are Snowblind, Into The Void, Children of the Grave, Planet Caravan...

Old 06-23-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Definitely. RIP, Layne. And Chris Cornell! So sad.

But there were many other Seattle bands I liked...Melvins, Mudhoney, I do like me some Nirvana, Green River...

@Scribbles-- love Sabbath too. Deeply. Favorite cuts are Snowblind, Into The Void, Children of the Grave, Planet Caravan...
I thought Pantera did "Planet Caravan"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=025mnKFUFw4

God I love you, Phil.... <3

Old 06-23-2017, 10:23 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times
Pantera do a worthy version. I believe Voivod also recorded a version. But those are covers. It's originally a Black Sabbath song, around 45 years old now, I reckon. Almost as old as me. Time is a strange thing.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:21 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Is this thread about not wanting to fall in love because of the heartache or is it about songs? Asking for a friend

Old 06-23-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Is this thread about not wanting to fall in love because of the heartache or is it about songs? Asking for a friend
This thread is about not wanting to fall in love because of the heartache that almost always comes with it...and it's about the songs that cause you to tap into that fear of impending heartache (or causes you to remember or relive the heartache you've experienced)....so, I guess to answer your friend's question, it's a little bit of both.

Old 06-23-2017, 12:02 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UREh35zq-w8

This song will forever have a place in my mind. No pun intended.

It definitely describes how I felt when I had my little stint with someone I cared about. It's one of the very few songs I can say I can relate to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships