Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 03:47 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,514,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Oh sweetie, that's harsh. A lot of people are their own worst critics. I think of myself as below average looking and I've done okay.
well, I also said it was that I'm introverted, and not really the type to go around approaching people - because I think it implies that you're more outgoing and forward, so I just think it would be weird, if I go up and talk to someone, and then be like "ok, cya" - they would probably just be like, wait, you approached me...lol, idk. It seems like people don't just go talk to someone in public, and I don't go to bars, so...I'm not sure where to 'approach' someone anyway, where it wouldn't look weird...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2017, 03:54 AM

437 posts, read 336,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikegal View Post
well, I also said it was that I'm introverted, and not really the type to go around approaching people - because I think it implies that you're more outgoing and forward, so I just think it would be weird, if I go up and talk to someone, and then be like "ok, cya" - they would probably just be like, wait, you approached me...lol, idk. It seems like people don't just go talk to someone in public, and I don't go to bars, so...I'm not sure where to 'approach' someone anyway, where it wouldn't look weird...
What about online dating? A good option for someone introverted I would have thought.

Old 06-21-2017, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden87 View Post
What about online dating? A good option for someone introverted I would have thought.
yeah, that's what I've been doing. I didn't really date much before that. It's easier to talk to someone online, but I'm kind of sick of it, because of all the issues that many others post about. :/

Old 06-21-2017, 05:22 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,194,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikegal View Post
yeah, that's what I've been doing. I didn't really date much before that. It's easier to talk to someone online, but I'm kind of sick of it, because of all the issues that many others post about. :/
Ignore those negative nellies that constantly argue that online dating has issues.

Old 06-21-2017, 05:25 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Not long ago, maybe 2 - 3 weeks ago, I was approached by a woman. Rather attractive, but not stunningly beautiful and we started talking. The red flag: she smokes. I'm an ex-smoker and do not need to revert - it was HELL quitting cold turkey!
I hear ya - too bad but you have to protect your health!

Old 06-21-2017, 05:26 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden87 View Post
I've been approached. But girls are more subtle generally with how they approach. Us guys are more direct and to the point.

It's 2017 girls should feel like that they can approach.
And that's a problem since guys many times don't pick up on that subtlety so then women get discouraged and men wonder why women never approach!

Old 06-21-2017, 05:40 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
And that's a problem since guys many times don't pick up on that subtlety so then women get discouraged and men wonder why women never approach!
Shouldn't be a problem, as he said, it's 2017, women should feel like they can approach. I'm not going to assume a woman is flirting because she asks for a smoke, I'm going to give her the smoke (unless she's a teenager). Random eye contact doesn't automatically mean 'Come hither'. The time for subtlety is passed. And some of the more self-assured women DO approach, even if they still do it in 'safe' ways--I've had women strike up conversations in the grocery line (one friendly woman asked me out of the blue if the grapes she had purchased looked fresh), on the subway platform ('Sigh...do you know when this train is coming?').

I have yet to be impressed by hair-flipping, as I've seen hair before.

Old 06-21-2017, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNTroy View Post
Ignore those negative nellies that constantly argue that online dating has issues.
well, it's the same issues that I've experienced - guys that are just looking for sex, or say they want to meet, but don't actually make a date, but keep talking and want to keep you around for whenever they feel like someone to talk to, or like meeting. ugh. it's exhausting and stressful.

Old 06-21-2017, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
Shouldn't be a problem, as he said, it's 2017, women should feel like they can approach. I'm not going to assume a woman is flirting because she asks for a smoke, I'm going to give her the smoke (unless she's a teenager). Random eye contact doesn't automatically mean 'Come hither'. The time for subtlety is passed. And some of the more self-assured women DO approach, even if they still do it in 'safe' ways--I've had women strike up conversations in the grocery line (one friendly woman asked me out of the blue if the grapes she had purchased looked fresh), on the subway platform ('Sigh...do you know when this train is coming?').

I think the thing is that I'm just naturally flirty...so I think they would probably just assume I'm interested. Otherwise, if I'm trying NOT to be flirty, then they think I don't like them, or are just in a bad mood or something.

But, I've tried that, if a guy talks to me and seems interested, (usually at a store or something), then I'll make conversation, to show that I'm friendly, but not being flirty or anything, thus giving them an opening to keep talking and ask about me, but then they don't, so I figure I guess they weren't interested then. oh well. better than wondering. it's just confusing when guys act all friendly and interested, when they really don't have a reason to, and then when you engage...they're like, oh, just kidding. lol. ugh people are just so exhausting.

Old 06-21-2017, 06:50 AM

437 posts, read 336,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post

Just to lighten this thread up a bit

Hot guy approaches hot girl "want to go back to my place and bang"

Highly likely outcome, a harsh rejection.

Hot girl approaches hot guy "want to go back to my place and bang"

Highly likely outcome, most guys dream come true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships