Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 07:43 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,000,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
It's believing that a less attractive person won't stray.Which is bs. Us uglies get guys or girls. Lol!
Exactly!

We've seen it even among the rich and famous. "Ok" looking guy marries an extremely attractive woman then ends up cheating on her. Everyone says "how could THAT guy cheat on HER???"

Well if that ugly guy had enough charm to romance the supermodel, he'll have no problem nabbing the girl next door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2017, 07:48 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
Exactly!

We've seen it even among the rich and famous. "Ok" looking guy marries an extremely attractive woman then ends up cheating on her. Everyone says "how could THAT guy cheat on HER???"

Well if that ugly guy had enough charm to romance the supermodel, he'll have no problem nabbing the girl next door.
Yep ugly people can be swave and arrogant too.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:55 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I think, the mindset is rooted in insecurities. So yeah, a lot of people have insecurities. I know, I have insecurities of my own. I mean, who doesn't?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Do you need to have a power over your partner? That's a personal decision, but it seems to me that the stance of an insecure person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
Exactly!

Quote:
Yep ugly people can be swave and arrogant too.
I agree.

I think it all has to do with fear. The sad thing is, they probably don't even realize they are letting their fear run their lives. Having a one sided relationship, isn't a relationship. My mom even said herself, that the person who cares the least, has the most power. I just feel like if someone is THAT afraid of being hurt, to the point of using someone as a safety net, they're better off being single.

Old 06-19-2017, 10:05 PM

89 posts, read 113,446 times
So, two different things:

1) Saying "mutual attraction" makes me think of both people being attracted to each other, which makes it seem like you interpreted the conversation as one person being attracted and the other person not being attracted. But that doesn't seem to be how you're actually understanding it, and it shouldn't be, either. So, I wouldn't be calling it "mutual attraction." It's just one is MORE attracted, and these women would rather it be the man.

2) Every relationship I've had, I've been more into the woman than she has been into me. I honestly don't think it can be any other way. I am 36, so I don't know how that fits in with the idea that it might be generational...but I don't think it is. In all the relationships I've seen up close and personal, I've noticed one person seems more into the other, and that person who is more into the other seems to not understand that the reciprocity is not 100% equal. In all the ones I've seen, it has been always the woman who is more into the man in hetero relationships, but I also haven't seen up close relationships where the woman is way more attractive than the man or significantly younger than the man, which I think would make a difference. But I do think that, in general, the woman is going to be more into the man because women are more feelings-oriented and relationship-oriented. Women who are sick of getting hurt and/or doing all the work in relationships are going to be the ones who are like, "I want someone who loves me more than I love them!"

This issue is actually one of the main reasons why I no longer want to date/have relationships, because I'm tired of always being the one who cares more. Some others mentioned that relationships don't last if there is that imbalance, but I wonder if it's not just realizing there's an imbalance which has something to do with the relationship failing. Like I said, the relationships I see, the woman loves the man more and doesn't get that she does at all, so she doesn't feel unsatisfied about it or like it's unfair the way I've felt in my relationships. I've seen at least three marriages like this, and they have lasted a long time, with only one heading towards divorce (the man was abusive and refused to work).

Old 06-19-2017, 10:35 PM

247 posts, read 198,157 times
I think this type of attraction can make for a strong partnership and it is what I will be looking for in the future. Mutual attraction can still exist even if it is not entirely equal. Unpopular opinion but I want my guy to want me a little more than I want him.

Old 06-19-2017, 11:21 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Someone who acts like they believe I'm amazing, beautiful, sexy, smart, fun all of the time starts to make me feel that way when I'm around them. If I feel that great around them, I'm then more attracted to them.

So that: "I'm more into you" act doesn't work for long with me! 😺

Old 06-20-2017, 12:31 AM

477 posts, read 314,693 times
Auraliea, your Mom was probably giving you advice from things that she has experienced for herself and thus she formed an opinion about it, and tried to pass it along to you. Some things you just have to experience for yourself before you know whether the advice is true or not. CD conversations/advice, relationship advice from magazines/books, or talking to your friends can't replace what you NEED in order to know what works for you. And that is... relationship experience with a variety of people. Then and only then will you know whether what your mother said is true or not (for you). Everything you read here (from myself included) and hear from friends is nothing more than theory until it has been put into practice by you. You have to experience it to REALLY know, IMHO.

Hope this helps =)

Old 06-20-2017, 01:50 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFlowers17 View Post
I think mutual attraction is important for the longevity of a relationship. If one person is into their SO more than their SO is into them, this creates an imbalance, which could cause problems down the road.

Even if I was with someone that was wayyy more into me than I was into them, that wouldn't do anything for me; because I'd want to be just as into them in the same way they're into me.
This. I think mutual attraction is important. Someone could be into me immensely, but if I don't have the same attraction for them, it doesn't really do anything for me. In fact, I am more liable to become easily annoyed with their attention because the interest isn't mutual. On the flip, I wouldn't wanna be with a guy who was only with me because he knows I am interested, rather than because he found me as attractive as I did him. Probably wouldn't make one feel attractive. lol

But your mother is like mine. Wanna push the whole "let them grow on you" deal. My grandmother is more real, and says my mother is full of crap, because she never dated a guy that wasn't cute -though she claims she did,

Old 06-20-2017, 05:29 AM

437 posts, read 336,264 times
I had a casual date with a girl a couple of months ago. She was mutually attracted to her phone, does that count?

Old 06-20-2017, 06:53 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
It's believing that a less attractive person won't stray.Which is bs. Us uglies get guys or girls. Lol!
Yup, and you're going to feel even worse when you get played by that person who you just settled for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships