Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 03:26 PM

986 posts, read 1,851,161 times

Advertisements

Bear with me because this is long, and hopefully not TOO confusing. I've worked with this guy for about a year and a half (we are both freelance but have been on a few projects together in a row). Him and I have always had a special friendship. We are very flirty and silly together, but only around each other. When other co-workers are around we contain it. On our last project together, he told me that "He couldn't date anyone he worked with". He also asked me though if I was dating anyone though. I thought it was odd that he brought that up with me at the time, but brushed it off.

Flash forward weeks later, and one day at work he came up to me and said quietly "You really pissed off my ex". I looked at him dumbfounded, not having any idea whatsoever what he could be referring to since I didn't know her or who she was! "WHAT?!" I exclaimed. He said "Your Instagram. She saw that you had taken photos in my house", which was true. I had taken a couple of photos of some cool art of his in his house, but I was over there working at the time on a day we didn't have access to our office and he asked if I wanted to go to his house to work! I had even captioned one of the photos "My view at work" so it wasn't like I was trying to imply anything more than friends/co-workers in the photos I'd taken. But the even odder thing was that he didn't know my Instagram (at least, I had never given it to him, and mine cannot be found by searching my name), and I didn't know his. So how did SHE find mine? I asked him this, and he said "I don't know. She's crazy! She does **** like this, and that's why she's my ex. I've seen her parked outside my house before, watching me. She is very weird". I asked if I should be concerned, and he said "No. She's just a concern to me, but you shouldn't be worried". It was a weird incident and I kind of felt like it was a test to see how I'd react. But it also left me with so many questions. HOW did she find me? Was she purposely looking for me because he'd mentioned me?

A couple of weeks after that, he'd shown me a photo he took on his Instagram, so I got to see his username. Later that day I added him as a friend on there. This was a couple of months ago, and he still hasn't added me as a friend, despite being friends on there with other co-workers we work together... I've liked photos here and there and commented, yet he has not added me back. It's important to note that we no longer work together. We are working in different job fields now.

So I don't get it. Am I overthinking things? It seemed like he had some interest in me to tell me that he couldn't date a co-worker but to also ask if I was dating someone? And then to tell me about his crazy ex finding me/stalking me basically? And why the weirdness about not adding me on Instagram even though he's friends with other co-workers of ours and him and I are closer than any of them?! He's been out of the country for the couple of months since we worked together last, so I haven't really been in contact. I guess only time will really tell what his thoughts/intentions are, but what are your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2017, 03:37 PM

8,916 posts, read 7,664,830 times
Drama, drama, and more drama.

Move on.

Really doesn't matter what his intentions are. Someone who really likes you and wants to be with you, wouldn't act the way he does. He's not into you.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Drama, drama, and more drama.

Move on.
But I'm intrigued.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:40 PM

8,916 posts, read 7,664,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKiwi View Post
But I'm intrigued.
In other words you're attracted to him....why? I don't know.

Carry on.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:41 PM

888 posts, read 551,839 times
I can't believe the amount of time people focus on analyzing these types of things. If he wanted to date you, he would just ask you out. It's not complicated. You are way over analyzing things. Just let it be.

Old 06-20-2017, 05:28 PM

102,067 posts, read 106,917,029 times
Maybe he hasn't added you, because his ex has a way of finding those things out??

All you can do is wait until he returns from wherever he is, and see if he contacts you. Needless to say, he knows how to find you. But do you want to get involved with a guy whose ex watches him from outside his apartment in her car?

Old 06-22-2017, 04:02 AM

10,932 posts, read 11,660,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangirl_2015 View Post
It's not complicated. You are way over analyzing things. Just let it be.
That's a very polite way to put it.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:54 AM

Yeah, you guys are right... I need to let his actions speak and quit overanalyzing. Thanks guys!

Old 06-27-2017, 08:17 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,301,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKiwi View Post
I've worked with this guy
I stopped there.

Don't poop where you eat.

Old 06-27-2017, 10:56 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,594,109 times
More childish social media ****e. That is why these topics are banned on this forum.

Props for the attempt to script the dialogue though.

Quote:
"WHAT?!" I exclaimed.
LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships