Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 02:39 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,870,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
I'm curious what the miniature golf-equivalent is for a 60-year old? The difference between sedentary, "normal" and highly active 60-year olds is probably much broader than among 25-year olds. Maybe some sort of ballroom dancing or line-dancing for the more active 60-year old.
"Ballroom dancing" might be right. I've been taking dance classes, on and off, since my early 20's. And when I tried ballroom classes, I saw quite a few people in their 50's and 60's there. Which means it'll be a passable "adult" date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscokay View Post
I hope I'm still playing mini golf at 60! Why stop doing something just because of age if you are able? I would never base my activity decisions on what others expect a person my age to do or not do (side note: I'm still in my 20's so I'm not exactly the target of the question yet).
This is precisely what my original post was about: whether or not dates activities popular with teens (miniature golf, arcade, etc.) are also OK for people over 30. So far, it sounds like a yes. But it never hurts to get a bigger sample.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2017, 02:43 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
I still like mini golf...arcades, meh, never my thing.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:45 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I still like mini golf...arcades, meh, never my thing.
I'm not big on arcades because I'm not good at it (that part doesn't bother me), and they are expensive, especially for someone who dies every 30 seconds.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-29-2017, 02:46 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
I would bowl or shoot pool, though, too.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:58 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,366,510 times
Mini golf will always be amazing! (I'm 35)

Old 06-29-2017, 03:13 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
I like when a date takes me to a cool place. What do I mean by that? An arcade in the mall? Maybe not so cool in my mind. But we have a historical "penny arcade" in this artsy old town nestled up in the mountains here, Manitou Springs. Surrounded by little shops, bars, and such, it's very quaint. If a date took me there, I'd play skee-ball and I'd have fun, and we could have ice cream or a drink (if I liked alcohol) afterwards. Now that is a date, with character!

The best way to figure out what will impress a date, is to observe and communicate. What one gal might be like, "meh", another will be thrilled to do. I'm not that into bowling or mini golf, but not because they are childish, just not my thing. I'd come back with a suggestion to maybe shoot pool instead? Eventually if you cannot find something that both of you think is fun, then you are just not that compatible. But that is more complex than "want to putt putt?" "Nah, not my thing." "OK we're done." lol

Has nothing to do with age, everything to do with personal preference in activities.

Old 06-29-2017, 04:07 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,055,618 times
never too old.
When you've met the right person, even a trip to the grocery store or STD clinic is a shared experience, with opportunity for laughs, conspiracy secrets, private jokes, and lasting memories. Your mission, should you decide to accept it - is to make it thru those generic happy hour BS dates and staid chicken caesar salads and get to the good stuff.

In the words of Prince and Apollonia:

i dont care where we go
i dont care what we do
i dont care pretty baby
just take me with u

Old 06-29-2017, 04:12 PM

1,704 posts, read 2,323,042 times
Stay golden, don't ever let society peer pressure you to act or feel old because of your age.

Do what you like to do.

Old 06-29-2017, 04:12 PM

8,268 posts, read 8,643,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
Agreed.

I'm curious what the miniature golf-equivalent is for a 60-year old? The difference between sedentary, "normal" and highly active 60-year olds is probably much broader than among 25-year olds. Maybe some sort of ballroom dancing or line-dancing for the more active 60-year old.
It's still mini golf. I live in a 55+ and see it every day. We have 4 courses.

More active 60 year olds play softball, racquetball, tennis, water volleyball in addition to ballroom dancing. I think line dancing is about done.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:19 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I can see your point but a date is supposed to take both people into consideration, not just one of them. And I wouldn't use disinterest in mini-golf as a sign of relationship incompatibility, because how often do you go mini-golfing anyway?
True. I guess I was just making a one sided answer. Of course it's a two-way street. But at the end of the day, each individual decides if there will be a meeting in the middle or not. SOmetimes one side holds onto something they think is important at the risk of the relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm 50 and still going camping and wake boarding, so I hope to be doing similar in 10 years. I can tell you what has changed: my fear level. Used to think I was invincible but after sustaining injuries I finally admitted that isn't the case. DH had the same realization after rolling an ATV (through cactus) and busting his collar bone a couple trips ago.
Fear level is an interesting animal. I'm 57. Currently I began training for a marathon in 4 months, and have increased my run distances to a minimum of 10 miles. 3+ years ago I ruptured my Achilles jumping rope. I haven't played basketball since - fear. I love running but don't do much trail running - fear. Somehow running instills no fear. Some of us roll the edge of invincibility until that line is crossed. The aftermath is pulling the line a bit closer to yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships