Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 04:24 AM

33 posts, read 97,004 times

Advertisements

I've been with my boyfriend for 1 year and 8 months now and sometimes he does things that really hurt me, even though I've told him over and over again that it does.

He joined a forum for cars a while back and just recently I went onto the website to see what it was all about. I went into some off topic forums and saw a bunch of posts of naked chicks. He posted comments on them saying how sexy they were and using those "drooling" smily faces. Anyways I have told him time and time again that it hurts me, but he always says it just fun and games. So after I confronted him about it, I see that he is still on forums where guys post naked pictures of there ex's and he was asking the guys on there to send more pics of the girls. And hes been going on websites and voting on "which chick is hottest" and stuff like that.

I just dont know if I am being overly sensitive, or if anyone agrees that it is slighly disrespectful... especially because I have told him time and time again that it bothers me. What does everyone else think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 04:39 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,618,732 times
Dump him. He's a loser.
You don't have a problem he has and yes he is being very disrespectful to you and those women as well.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:10 AM

127 posts, read 378,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondesexlove View Post
I've been with my boyfriend for 1 year and 8 months now and sometimes he does things that really hurt me, even though I've told him over and over again that it does.

He joined a forum for cars a while back and just recently I went onto the website to see what it was all about. I went into some off topic forums and saw a bunch of posts of naked chicks. He posted comments on them saying how sexy they were and using those "drooling" smily faces. Anyways I have told him time and time again that it hurts me, but he always says it just fun and games. So after I confronted him about it, I see that he is still on forums where guys post naked pictures of there ex's and he was asking the guys on there to send more pics of the girls. And hes been going on websites and voting on "which chick is hottest" and stuff like that.

I just dont know if I am being overly sensitive, or if anyone agrees that it is slighly disrespectful... especially because I have told him time and time again that it bothers me. What does everyone else think?
The way to solve this problem is to stick it to him really good. You need to openly appreciate other men. Telling him his behavior hurts your feelings won't change his behavior but if he knows you are looking around and lusting after other men he will do one of two things: continue the behavior (and I would dump him) or he will become jealous and change his behavior. Good luck!

Old 03-11-2008, 05:22 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times
Quote:

You are not being overly sensitive...it would bother some women, while others it would not...it would bother me...first off, guys that post pictures of their naked ex's are to me, pigs...period...they have no respect for themselves, therefore, would have no respect for anyone else. In your case...it's bad enough, he ignores your feelings about this whole thing. He is self absorbed and only cares about himself...if I were doing something that I knew upset my bf or husband, I'd stop...why, b/c I love him and certainly wouldn't want to rock the boat....it's just plain simple. It makes me sick inside that men do this to their mates....or behind their backs, if they can get away with it...it defies trust...and is morally wrong to do to someone, not to mention, himself. I wouldn't want a man in my life who doesn't have more respect for himself...yanno, maybe those women don't even know their ex is posting their picture on the internet...how utterly dispicable!

It would make me wonder just how promiscuous he is...and has been...ewwwww

But, that's just me...and my opinion

Love and good luck
creme

Old 03-11-2008, 05:28 AM

23,859 posts, read 33,518,785 times
Quote:

Just saw your other post about him going to clubs to "chill", & with this one I have to ask how serious is it? Then the next thing is how old is he? The age has a lot to do with it.

I also (meaning in addition to this one) go to a mostly male forum, it has a forum that you can't see unless you join. While it's pretty tame (no naked shots allowed) you can tell who is in their 20's, who is older and the guys that are dating but still like to look at a gal in a bikini.

I'm the type of wife that when I'm married, I'm totally committed, I don't even check other guys out. I've been with my hubby almost 10 years and have never needed to post to pics of guys shirtless.

His posts can be totally innocent but IMO, he may not be as serious with you as you think, or he's one of the men that just likes to look & it's innocent.

The problem I have with all of this is these girls who's naked pictures are being posted online, they probably have no clue. I do know that if I was you, I wouldn't be giving my man any naked pictures of me or they might find their way onto this site.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:49 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,259,997 times
I agree with the fact that his age has ALOT to do with this. Is he in his early 20's, not even 20? Id say if so, he's being a hormonal guy as far as the postings are concerned. If he's older than that-- get out now as he has no class and no respect for you. No matter what his age is it's not good news when he goes to clubs without you to "chill". I hate to say it sweetie, he's probably "just not THAT into you". Why aren't you welcome when he goes? Chances are he doesnt want to take slack from his buddies, or youre going to interfere with his shot with other chics. No matter what his age is, HE NEEDS TO GROW UP. It sounds like he is living the single life with you by his side doting on his every move. While Im sure you have feelings, it doesn't sound like it's mutual. Stop listening to his lines, and look at his actions.. they clearly state he's not ready for that commitment. You deserve better, it sounds like you are a respectful, classy young woman. You deserve to be with someone who will treat you with that same level of kindness..

Old 03-11-2008, 06:06 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,324,343 times
He hangs with people who post naked pics of their ex's? That's disrespectful and if he choses to associate with those types, that makes him one of them. ... He is guilty by association. And not stopping after you ask is even worse, you shouldn't have had to ask...Think better of yourself and get rid of him and let him do his thing without you. Hope there's no nudie pics of you in his posession....

Old 03-11-2008, 06:25 AM

18,116 posts, read 11,748,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
He hangs with people who post naked pics of their ex's? That's disrespectful and if he choses to associate with those types, that makes him one of them. ... He is guilty by association. And not stopping after you ask is even worse, you shouldn't have had to ask...Think better of yourself and get rid of him and let him do his thing without you. Hope there's no nudie pics of you in his posession....

Good thinking Maggie!

Old 03-11-2008, 06:33 AM

131 posts, read 312,749 times
1 comment...Dont give him or let him take any naked pics of you, even if jus on holiday in a bikini or something, because if/when you split up, if those websites are what he is into....

Old 03-11-2008, 08:16 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,549,712 times
If you have asked him to stop and he doesn't...yes he is disrespecting you...He obviously does not care if he hurts your feelings...Dump that loser. You don't want to deal with all that for the rest of your life.

ETA...if he has nude photos of you, hurry, run and get those back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships