Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2017, 07:58 PM

10,337 posts, read 5,819,104 times

Advertisements

I see a duel in the desert coming up...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 08:02 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,566,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I see a duel in the desert coming up...
ROFL

Old 07-05-2017, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
ROFL
You're quick! Now I'M so thirsty!

Old 07-05-2017, 08:25 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,387,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
This is actually a great thread.
thank you TJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't know if meetup groups were mentioned or not. Seems like you find an activity or interest in and go check one out.

The grocery store thing seems like more myth than reality. Most of the people I see at the grocery store, especially women, look busy and like they've been to the gym or work and are on the way home and seem very focused, busy and unapproachable, but that's just my experience.
yes, they were. I'm going to look into them for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I just visited AZ, Flagstaff was cool, Tucson was OK, PHX a hell hole. Nice landscapes though.
LOL! Northern AZ is where its at...stunning scenery.

Quote:
I don't think AZ is really that conservative at all, it's getting much closer to be a purple state than going the other direction. The Phoenix metro area is HUGE not as big as So Cal, but it's pretty damn large and larger population centers tend to be more liberal in some ways.

I was house shopping in AZ a few years ago and just ruled out Phoenix and focused on Tucson, because it's slightly cooler overall. My last company even had offices in both areas so the job front thing would be have handled. I just recently ruled out AZ overall just because it's just too damn hot for too much of the year. The rest of the year is beautiful but man, IDK. Used to go to Havasu a few times a year because my dad lived there and it's even hotter there than the Phoenix area. I don't know how people handle it, maybe if you have an office job and just go in and out of AC other than that, IDK. My work is part office and part construction site, so it's tough to be in that weather. Guys end up working weird hours during summer to try and avoid some of that nastiness.
haha purple! I like it. you're right. We're not that conservative anymore. Definitely more Libertarian..which I identify more to anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
You mean you forgot that??? I get criticized regularly on here by these perfect people. Shouldn't surprise you. There are many people on here who act like they're above others. I'm not talking about you, just relating to you.
I don't post on here much. But yeah..the judgment is ridiculous. apparently I'm judgmental too, cause I have this thing called preferences and standards. Nobody has those. Everyone dates anyone and anything, right??

Quote:
It's easy on the Internet, you can be whatever you wanna be, you know what I mean here? Everything I post here is real. I post enough about myself but try and keep some things semi-obscure just to maintain some privacy. But yeah, there have been people posting here throughout the years that I know for damn near a fact were making stuff up as they went along. You can sense patterns and inconsistencies in how some poster express their opinions and views.

I wouldn't let it bother you. A lot of people here like me, but some clearly don't and that's ok. When I'm not here I don't really think much about CD.
I appreciate your posts. Thanks for keeping it real!

Old 07-05-2017, 08:31 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,266,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
You mean you forgot that??? I get criticized regularly on here by these perfect people. Shouldn't surprise you. There are many people on here who act like they're above others. I'm not talking about you, just relating to you.
A woman on here once told me to never believe most of the men who claim to be sleeping with women who are perfect tens. I took her advice. Some of these people aren't as successful as they want you to think. It's all front on the Internet. Whenever someone is trying to argue or be combative I just put them on ignore. Of course there are other posters that I enjoy reading posts from.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:36 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,151,730 times
Show off the T & A and hit up a few high end grocery stores like Whole Foods/Trader Joes etc

Old 07-05-2017, 08:38 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,266,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
First!!! I don't meet people I know online.

2nd!!! Only my wife can call me baby.

3rd. If you bother to read the thread, you'd realize I was actually trying to discourage a meeting that others have apparently been encouraging (see posts on dweebs).

I'm just getting tired of these posts about being "picky". I mean would you give someone you are not initially attracted to a chance? Or someone who does not meet your criteria?

If so, more power to you, you are welcome in my club (I would give someone a chance...at my own discretion because I've had people grow on me). If not, then why should you expect someone to give you a chance if you are not meeting her preferences?
I never got why being picky and having preferences was a bad thing. Like how dare someone choose whoever they want to be with

Old 07-05-2017, 08:55 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,975,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I never got why being picky and having preferences was a bad thing. Like how dare someone choose whoever they want to be with
Picky is good, but there needs to be balance. If you're super picky about height, weight, physique and race but less picky about compatibility (finances, education, values etc.), you'll either stay single or date an assortment of duds.

Most people are far too willing to compromise on compatibility in order to find someone that provides "spark" which is short-hand for someone that makes their pants tingle.

Old 07-05-2017, 09:14 PM

8,916 posts, read 7,663,826 times
I rather be picky and perpetually single, than be with someone I really don't want.

Old 07-05-2017, 09:51 PM

Yes! Bc you like you, and aren't bored with yourself, have interests and know you'll be ok, either way!
I wish I would have believed that at your age. I spent too much time trying to feel ok by doing what 'everyone else' was doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships