Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 02:58 PM

288 posts, read 200,850 times

Advertisements

I fell for a guy 12 years old than me who was at my hiking group. Over the years we have had a rocky relationship where he would show me interest but would serial date other people. As a result I would ignore him as I was hurt and then he would get annoyed I ignored him but he didn't know why.

We made amends recently but he went back to blowing hot and cold. His brother once told me that he has had a very bad time with relationships and has bad anxiety, I do believe this as he stutters and gets nervous around me. If he is socially awkward how can he ask the majority of the women out of the hiking group? The women get annoyed with his strategy so now he is a member of over 100 hiking groups - something not right there.

I fell hard for this guy even though he let me down many times. He is very impatient and moans a lot, I cannot stand those traits. He will be on a hike soon and I have not seen him in 6 weeks. I am fed up of him leading me on and I hate having feelings for him when I know I deserve better.

I don't want any animosity and don't see why I should avoid the group. Should I go to the walk or completely cut him out of my life? I am having sleepless nights and anxiety attacks over this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2017, 02:59 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace84 View Post
I fell for a guy 12 years old than me who was at my hiking group. Over the years we have had a rocky relationship where he would show me interest but would serial date other people. As a result I would ignore him as I was hurt and then he would get annoyed I ignored him but he didn't know why.

We made amends recently but he went back to blowing hot and cold. His brother once told me that he has had a very bad time with relationships and has bad anxiety, I do believe this as he stutters and gets nervous around me. If he is socially awkward how can he ask the majority of the women out of the hiking group? The women get annoyed with his strategy so now he is a member of over 100 hiking groups - something not right there.

I fell hard for this guy even though he let me down many times. He is very impatient and moans a lot, I cannot stand those traits. He will be on a hike soon and I have not seen him in 6 weeks. I am fed up of him leading me on and I hate having feelings for him when I know I deserve better.

I don't want any animosity and don't see why I should avoid the group. Should I go to the walk or completely cut him out of my life? I am having sleepless nights and anxiety attacks over this.
I'm seriously trying to understand why you liked him at all. He sounds like a total weirdo.

Old 07-01-2017, 03:55 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I'm seriously trying to understand why you liked him at all. He sounds like a total weirdo.
Attraction can be very illogical.

Old 07-01-2017, 05:02 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
I would say that if you are unable to stop contributing to the drama by allowing on again, off again games, don't go.

BUT, perhaps some therapy to find out how you get hung up on guys with traits you don't like and treat you like a door mat?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-01-2017, 05:10 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,334,819 times

Old 07-01-2017, 05:12 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,334,819 times
Yes people don't choose who they feel a spark with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Attraction can be very illogical.

Old 07-01-2017, 05:44 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I would say that if you are unable to stop contributing to the drama by allowing on again, off again games, don't go.

BUT, perhaps some therapy to find out how you get hung up on guys with traits you don't like and treat you like a door mat?
i agree, OP you need to move on. some guys are not into serious relationships for a variety of reasons, and nothing you do will change that. when a guy is ready for a relationship, we generally dive right in with both feet. in fact many times we fall harder for the woman than she does with us.

if you want to continue dating him, then do so with the realization that he is not going to be exclusive to you, and deal with it accordingly. perhaps you go out with other guys as well. be busy on a weekend when you want time for yourself and he calls for a date.

Old 07-06-2017, 09:39 AM

2,094 posts, read 1,924,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace84 View Post

Sounds like a match made in heaven.

Old 07-06-2017, 10:11 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,089,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i agree, OP you need to move on. some guys are not into serious relationships for a variety of reasons, and nothing you do will change that. when a guy is ready for a relationship, we generally dive right in with both feet. in fact many times we fall harder for the woman than she does with us.

if you want to continue dating him, then do so with the realization that he is not going to be exclusive to you, and deal with it accordingly. perhaps you go out with other guys as well. be busy on a weekend when you want time for yourself and he calls for a date.
I am surprised the OP did not figure this out in 12 years. Seems like plenty of time ...

Old 07-06-2017, 09:21 PM

926 posts, read 827,250 times
Why are you dating a 12 year old? Or did I read that wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships