Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 09:27 AM

437 posts, read 336,264 times

Advertisements

This is actually a good discussion thread. Bc inevitably at some point in nearly all relationships this situation will occur in some form or another.

Dancing is a huge part of some people's lives, more often for the girl/woman. Anyway keep the good discussion rolling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2017, 09:41 AM

194 posts, read 143,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden87 View Post
This is actually a good discussion thread. Bc inevitably at some point in nearly all relationships this situation will occur in some form or another.

Dancing is a huge part of some people's lives, more often for the girl/woman. Anyway keep the good discussion rolling.
That's the difference for me, my girlfriend isn't much of a dancer, I on the other hand enjoy it.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:49 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,598,510 times
Most couples consist of two grownups. Adults. Y'know, people who can and will make decisions for themselves without getting or needing permission from their partner. Including decisions that involve another opposite sex person, such as dancing with them. Dancing is a fun activity for many people. A considerate and loving person would want their partner to have lots of fun while out on the town.

In some cases, they might let their SO know what they're going to do, because they want to be considerate. But that's not the same thing as "needing permission".

Sometimes, a questionable decision is made by your partner. It happens. If a mature person is troubled by something his significant other did, then he would talk it out with her. If he's troubled by a specific individual that she's spending time with, then he would talk that out. Communicate and get his concerns out there. As for the outcome...it depends. He might realize that he's just being insecure and paranoid, and needs to chill out. Or she may come to a realization that her decision was indeed unwise, and learn from that.

Lastly...I think most people that can read "vibe" and body language a bit can EASILY tell the difference between someone who's just having fun dancing with someone else...and someone that's being a bit too friendly while dancing with someone else. And furthermore...depending on the song, etc...there are certain kinds of dances that are supposed to be romantic, and certain kinds of dances that are just meant to be fun.

Old 07-04-2017, 10:09 AM

888 posts, read 555,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
yes and no...

I was attending my then-boyfriend's (now husband) brother's wedding. During the first dance, the bridal party was supposed to join the bride and groom. One of the bridesmaids was standing on the dance floor, frantically looking for her partner and looked like she was about to cry. I told my boyfriend to go out and dance with her so he did. I was totally fine with that and it was, actually really sweet of him.

Now, however, nope. That boyfriend, now my husband of many years, works a lot of hours and we have crazy schedules. Our agreement is that when we go out, the focus is on each other. Either of us dancing with someone else would interfere with that. So, no. We're not dancing with other people.

Guess that's how I feel about my guy---I already have a dance partner.

But what if you go out separately? I mean, I rarely go out to dance places with my husband. Just not his thing.

Old 07-04-2017, 10:15 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Obviously some people consider dancing to be sexual and others think of dancing as social. Depending on the dance and the inclination of the partners, it could be either.

But in a non-romantic situation like a wedding, graduation, etc. you'd have to be a real creep to make it sexual and most of the people there will be either blood related or in-laws..so double creepy!

If it's a bar and a special night for the two of you like a birthday, anniversary, or date night because you don't get out much then sure - decline to concentrate on your partner. But that is really up to the person being asked, not their partner to step in and say "no" for them unless the person is being persistent and won't take no for an answer.

Just know that many dances are JUST dancing and chitchat...no biggie.

Old 07-04-2017, 11:05 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,610,481 times
The fact that people use the word 'troubled' over the op's use of the word 'let' troubles me. Don't be so dramatic. It's boring. You're boring.

These same self righteous people are the ones who would stew and steam the whole way home and for days afterward if their SO danced with someone else.

Old 07-04-2017, 12:11 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
What choice do you have?

Old 07-04-2017, 12:51 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Come on man, everyone knows what he meant. LOL, It's just an expression, no one is talking about beating a woman down into submission here.

I wouldn't have a problem with it personally, probably wouldn't happen as Mrs. Chow isn't much into that sorta of thing, but it she did I would "let'" her do it.
It's just in vogue to be offended. I hear the word "let" all the time. It's how people talk in the real world. Even the most chill laid back guys I know use the word let.

OMG HE SAID THE WORD "LET"!!!! OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!

Really?!

I and the OP have way too many REAL problems to get worked up over the word "Let"

Heck I have people following me around saying worse words than "let".

Old 07-04-2017, 12:52 PM

473 posts, read 307,547 times
Of course not if that is not some distance-dance.

Old 07-04-2017, 12:53 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
The fact that people use the word 'troubled' over the op's use of the word 'let' troubles me. Don't be so dramatic. It's boring. You're boring.

These same self righteous people are the ones who would stew and steam the whole way home and for days afterward if their SO danced with someone else.
I'm pretty sure some of them would and have said worse things than anything they have seen from the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships