Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 10:19 PM

426 posts, read 351,886 times

Advertisements

Do you ever feel like if you lived in another city, town or country that you would have a better chance of meeting someone? Do you think your personality, looks etc would be more accepted overseas or in another state, rather than it is back in your hometown?
Has this worked out for anyone? I always like reading about these kind of stories. This is something I thought about randomly today, I figured it would make an interesting thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2017, 11:23 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
NO, NO and NO.

Old 07-07-2017, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
NO, NO and NO.
😂Why? Lol

Old 07-07-2017, 12:35 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourgermanicanish View Post
Do you ever feel like if you lived in another city, town or country that you would have a better chance of meeting someone? Do you think your personality, looks etc would be more accepted overseas or in another state, rather than it is back in your hometown?
Has this worked out for anyone? I always like reading about these kind of stories. This is something I thought about randomly today, I figured it would make an interesting thread.
Yes, I've sad before that I get more Tinder matches as well as other matches when I'm visiting my friends and mother out in the Ohio Valley than I ever get in DC. In fact, I'm going to meet my crush who lives there next week. Girls seems to be more forgiving of looks out there than in DC.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Yes, I've sad before that I get more Tinder matches as well as other matches when I'm visiting my friends and mother out in the Ohio Valley than I ever get in DC. In fact, I'm going to meet my crush who lives there next week. Girls seems to be more forgiving of looks out there than in DC.
I don't use tinder or any dating sites but I'm sure if I did I would also have better matches if I were visiting another place! I notice when I travel people flirt with me more, I tend to get more attention and compliments in other countries and another state.
I had a long distance relationship with a guy a few years ago who was overseas. We met on FB when I had an account at the time and we were together for almost a year. Even though we weren't holding hands, having any intimacy and doing things in person I really enjoyed speaking to him through Skype. Sometimes we spoke for 3 hours straight. Even though we were worlds apart it felt like we were in the same room. I visited him for 2 weeks and we had a grand time. Unfortunately things took a bad turn and then it didn't work out. I don't know if I would ever have a long distance relationship again but it was definitly a nice experience because we got to know each other way better than anyone we would meet in person in our areas.

I don't really go out of my way especially in my area. I'm not anyone's type not just my looks but personality wise I don't click with anyone, they don't like my personality and I don't like theirs either lol. I don't really like anyone out here. The men out here want a woman that looks like Beyonce, Eva Mendes or Reese Witherspoon and I look like neither of them so I get more positive attention from another area where people don't seem superficial and sucked into the hollywood obsession. The men around here either look like Eminem and try acting gangster or the frat boy types that don't respect women. So I don't even bother. If it happens randomly where I meet someone in person like at the library, in the train etc then that's fine by me. I leave it up to chance. If I really wanted to, I can put myself more out there like join a dating site or join some local groups to meet people but I don't do any of those.

Usually if I go on a date it can be anywhere between 0 times to 4 times a year, it all depends on who I meet, if I like them if they like me etc. Sometimes I can go 2 years without going on a date. I get shy about crap like this and half of the time I don't even know what the heck I can talk about on a date. It feels like a job interview. If people weren't super serious and would actually have fun maybe I could kick back and enjoy it more lol. Instead I usually do fun things on my own, with my friends or cousin.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:12 AM

Quote:
😂Why? Lol
Ive been to and lived in numerous places, domestic and abroad, and never struggled in finding a woman to date. Not to say it easy, because dating has never been easy, for either gender.

I would never relocate for dating purposes; I find that extreme, and quite frankly... desperate. But that's just me.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Ive been to and lived in numerous places, domestic and abroad, and never struggled in finding a woman to date. Not to say it easy, because dating has never been easy, for either gender.

I would never relocate for dating purposes; I find that extreme, and quite frankly... desperate. But that's just me.
I wouldn't relocate just for dating purposes as nice as it sounds lol I guess it was more of a random thought. I love traveling and sometimes a part of me feels like I wouldn't mind moving to a new place to have new experiences, having a change of scenery would be refreshing, things like that cross my mind but deep down I don't think I ever could because my life is here and my family. I would miss them like crazy if I ever moved.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:30 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't relocate just for dating purposes as nice as it sounds lol I guess it was more of a random thought. I love traveling and sometimes a part of me feels like I wouldn't mind moving to a new place to have new experiences, having a change of scenery would be refreshing, things like that cross my mind but deep down I don't think I ever could because my life is here and my family. I would miss them like crazy if I ever moved.
I feel the same way about family and friends. Its nice to travel to see new places, meet other people, and experience their culture. Ive been to most popular travel destinations in the world, and find people aren't really that different when it comes to dating. If anything, America probably has the most diverse dating culture in the world.

May I ask where you live?

Old 07-07-2017, 02:00 AM

1,713 posts, read 1,107,437 times
The odds are the same no matter the geography.

Old 07-07-2017, 02:06 AM

Quote:
I feel the same way about family and friends. Its nice to travel to see new places, meet other people, and experience their culture. Ive been to most popular travel destinations in the world, and find people aren't really that different when it comes to dating. If anything, America probably has the most diverse dating culture in the world.

May I ask where you live?
Yeah that is true, that is one of the best things about America, you get a little bit of everything, people from all over the world, a great selection of different food, you get to learn about different cultures etc.
I live in the big apple. My parents both left their countries to have a different and better life than they did back at home and then ended up meeting each other here lol so in a way I guess that's one of the reasons why I wondered what it would be like if I moved somewhere.

My cousin in Germany feels the same way. He doesn't click with any women around his area but that is because they seem very cold and standoffish with him, so he feels that once he starts dating a foreigner he feels more accepted and enjoys himself more. The women in his area only ask him about how much money he makes but when he dates a foreigner, they want to know more about him, about his personality, his hobbies etc. He feels like he can relax and be more of himself instead of feeling like he has to prove himself or explain why he should be worthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships