Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 08:46 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times

Advertisements

Gawd, people! How the hell did prostitution and gold diggers get involved or even a relationship of any kind??
Aren't things ever simple around here?
A sales girl goes out of her way to attract customers.
She succeeds in getting him to stop but he apparently wasn't very interested in whatever was on display but they chat for a few minutes.
He then tells her he is going to be working there and now even more reason to chat for a bit.
As far as asking whether or not he should ask her out... that's no different than what it seems like 1/2 the men that come here ask, regardless of the circumstances.
The answer now is the usual one. Go ahead. What have you got to lose?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2017, 07:50 AM

437 posts, read 335,978 times
There's only one way to find out. Let us know how u get on. Interesting story.

My guess is she is not interested in you in a romantic sense. Probably business related. But u never know.

Last edited by Hayden87; 07-16-2017 at 08:02 AM..

Old 07-16-2017, 08:18 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
At 54, you're a male mall walker? Do you have health problems - like you're recovering from surgery or another condition? I don't know many 54 year old otherwise healthy men who are "mall walkers", and who would consider a 44 year old kiosk worker "a lot younger".

Something seems off with this post and it doesn't hang together - can you clarify so you can get better answers?
I had the same thought. Plus he is apparently such a fixture at the mall now that he has a whole circle of "mall friends" telling him some 44-year-old child has the hots for him.

Old 07-16-2017, 10:12 AM

102,185 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTony View Post
I worked in the mall for 5 yrs back in the days. Kiosk girls are very good in sales especially the ones from Israel. The local ones also know about hustling and how to extract money and sell.
Yup. It's a Jewish conspiracy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTony;
I wouldn't say she's a prostitute but many women are looking for an older sugar daddy kind of guy. These women are either emotionally abused or have tons of baggage in terms of multiple kids at early age or even a douche bf / husband. Bottom line is that they find sense of security and stability in older guys. They are looking to be spoiled and pampered. Might be good thing if you got tons of $$ to throw away at these younger women. Otherwise, find out what is she looking for? You will get your answer... I used to see such hookups quite often. But its not a happy ending once wallet dries out.
Dude, he's 54, and she's in her mid-40's or so. Probably safe to say she's past the sugar-daddy stage. And what kind of sugar-daddy would a guy be, who just got a job in the mall? May I sell you a thinking cap?
(FWIW, I'm not Israeli. But we're having a sale on those caps! )

Old 07-16-2017, 12:14 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
I'm trying to figure out what kind of job a 54-year-old strollin' dad would get at a mall. Maybe security?

I guess OP loves malls!

Old 07-22-2017, 02:03 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,952,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Gawd, people! How the hell did prostitution and gold diggers get involved or even a relationship of any kind??
Aren't things ever simple around here?
A sales girl goes out of her way to attract customers.
She succeeds in getting him to stop but he apparently wasn't very interested in whatever was on display but they chat for a few minutes.
He then tells her he is going to be working there and now even more reason to chat for a bit.
As far as asking whether or not he should ask her out... that's no different than what it seems like 1/2 the men that come here ask, regardless of the circumstances.
The answer now is the usual one. Go ahead. What have you got to lose?

Lol... my money says that probably 99% of the men who complain about god diggers.... don't have a pot to
**** in anyway.

Old 07-22-2017, 03:09 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,829,673 times
Perhaps it's a cultural/regional thing, but I don't understand why walking in a mall is being questioned? Seems like walking in a mall is a solution when walking outdoors is problematic due to a harsh climate or a bad neighborhood? Less boring than a treadmill I imagine, and less expensive than a gym membership. Where's the problem?

My dad was a "mall walker," so I am in support of mall walkers, in general. Beats no walking at all.

Keep on walking, OP!

Old 07-22-2017, 03:19 PM

11,784 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
Perhaps it's a cultural/regional thing, but I don't understand why walking in a mall is being questioned? Seems like walking in a mall is a solution when walking outdoors is problematic due to a harsh climate or a bad neighborhood? Less boring than a treadmill I imagine, and less expensive than a gym membership. Where's the problem?

My dad was a "mall walker," so I am in support of mall walkers, in general. Beats no walking at all.

Keep on walking, OP!
It's a great spot for exercise, especially when winters can be so unpleasant, and yes, free is even better. Our local mall opens its doors two hours before stores open, specifically for mall walkers. I think there is even a mall walker's club if you want to meet up with others to do so. Hard to be a mall walker at a decent pace when you're dodging actual shoppers.

Old 07-27-2017, 10:43 PM

5 posts, read 4,233 times
My gut was right....she was just being nice. I asked her out for a drink and got the reply "sure but my boyfriend will not be happy about that"....at that time it was closing time and she just got a call that her ride was there and it was her boyfriend or a male person....what ever....

Old 07-27-2017, 11:27 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
I applaud your attempt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships