Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 09:13 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,037,424 times

Advertisements

Who knows what happened? A quick e-mail his way will tell you a lot. Maybe there was a huge catastrophe in his life. A death in the family. Major surgery. House fire. Tornado. IRS audit.

But if it's a garden-variety, "Oh, I've been kind of busy lately," then it means that you are not a priority in his life. Which means he shouldn't be a priority in yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2017, 09:23 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,624 posts, read 17,961,729 times
I agree with an email to ask if he's ok.

My guess is he's married.

Old 07-15-2017, 09:43 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,323 times
Let it go. Move on with your life. If a man is interested, you will know. You enjoyed the emails and the date.
There are a lot of serial daters on and off line. He will contact you if he wants to see you again and you can decide how you want to handle the contact.

Old 07-15-2017, 11:02 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times
Did he seem into you on the first date? I had very similar interactions when I explored dating sites, detailed messages and e-mails, engaging and stimulating conversations, etc., and the best experiences were where the chemistry, intrigue and attraction were mutual and palpable. Those experiences led to dating and relationships.

An absence of chemistry and overall attraction can lead to lukewarm interest. While you could have contacted him, his lack of communication, as he was no stranger to regular communication before the first date, speaks volumes.

Old 07-15-2017, 01:06 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Who knows what happened? A quick e-mail his way will tell you a lot. Maybe there was a huge catastrophe in his life. A death in the family. Major surgery. House fire. Tornado. IRS audit.
If it was something like that, she may still get no response.
If he's no longer interested and has no problem with ghosting, she may still get no response.
If it's the second, she might increase her chances by making it easy for him with some humor.

"I have been worried about you since not hearing from you since our date.
If it's because you died or are in Intensive Care or something like that , please do let me know because I'd like to send flowers."
But If you simply are no longer interested, I can accept that (if you'd say so)and wish you well.

Old 07-15-2017, 01:16 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire33 View Post
Should I write to him or let it go ? Is it possible that he doesn't write cause he thinks I'm not into him ?
I tend to be a bit reserved on a first date with a perfect stranger, it's hard to be fully warm and yourself the first time, but I still felt like things had gone well, we talked, laughed... It left me wanting to see him again and get to know him better.

What do you think of it, what would you do ?
Did you ever email or text him to thank him for the date? If not, now would be a very good time to do that.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:35 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,146,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Actions speak louder than e-mails.

Really, do you think he suddenly forgot how to do what he's been doing for the past couple weeks?

No, I would not contact him. Something happened during the date to confirm that he is not actually into you, but he lacks the maturity to say that. It sucks, but it's part of dating nowadays.
This. People can have great chemistry online and then something's missing in person. Move on and try not to let it get you down. My biggest piece of advice is never let an online relationship go on too long before meeting in person.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:47 PM

1,158 posts, read 960,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post

That said, I agree with the above poster--he's married or in a serious relationship.
Maybe he's bipolar or just a flake...The red flags to me are the lengthy/intense emails prior to meeting in person, being overly talkative, numerous lengthy emails a day and then nothing. Signs of mania?

Move on. If a guy is really interested you can't keep him away.

Last edited by Angie682; 07-18-2017 at 10:57 PM..

Old 07-19-2017, 02:56 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Expected sex but didn't get it.

Old 07-22-2017, 11:35 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,146,189 times
Another way to look at this, would you want to be with a guy who flakes like this? If you keep attempting to contact him he might eventually reply but is this really how you want to be treated? My aunt once told me "Remember, a man will never be nicer to you than when you are dating" and there is still some truth to that. I know of women who married flaky men, and even though they remain married, they are miserable. They are the women who cry because their husbands aren't nice to them, never get them a gift, never initiate romance, etc. Do yourself a favor and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships