Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 08:40 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times

Advertisements

You have the same parental rights to custody. What is stopping you from exercising that privilege?

I must live under a rock...not familiar with both having engagement rings.

Sorry that she chose that upheaval to go chasing this elusive happiness bug. Her unhappiness lays within....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2017, 08:43 AM

2,775 posts, read 3,760,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
Sorry ro hear. Is there still any hope? Did she move out/break up?
Or just does not want to be engaged?

Too bad you guys did not get a chance to have fun as a couple before being parents.having a child is a big game changer, and your girl is having a hard time coping with it.

With school, work, childcare, where did you find time just for you guys? Not all women know how to jump in and being a mom.

Are there other dynamics in your relationship? Issues with trust, outside meddling, money, not enough down time for her?

If its money, look for better pay.

Outside meddling, nip it in the butt,

Trust, without trust, there is no respect.

Down time, try to make life easier for her.

Her medication might be off as well, along with the added monthly blues.
Yea, we didn't have a whole lot of couple time before our LO was born, which in turn led to where we are now I'm sure. We didn't have a whole lot of alone time either after LO was born. Found that my fiancé was resistant to spending time together. It was always me that would set up date nights. As for trust, we had issues there as well. She's a borderline alcoholic and has flirted a few times while out. Meddling? Not sure, but I'm pretty sure her best friend is interfering with us, however I have no evidence.

Old 07-22-2017, 08:45 AM

2,775 posts, read 3,760,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I'm sorry you're going through this, OP. Take some time to grieve the loss of the relationship, and work out a plan moving forward. Do you have a support system? Family nearby? It's going to be difficult at first, but once you make the first initial steps, you'll see the light at the end of the tunnel. Ditto Stan and Griffis. Try to keep things amicable between you two. Bad blood only makes the situation worse where even young toddlers will pickup on unhealthy co-parenting dynamics. She probably does need help, and perhaps, for your daughter's sake, you can continue encouraging your ex to seek help.
I appreciate the response. Yes, we are keeping things peaceful. We plan on living together for a few months, until the lease is up.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:09 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
If she has diagnosed depression, is off her meds or won't seek to be revaluated and is drinking too much, why would you just take the attitude that she'll 'take the kid' and not seek custody yourself?

Old 07-22-2017, 09:12 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Get a good attorney that is knowledgeable about custody issues NOW! Make sure your finances are separate. She may have met someone else, and is now an adversary.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:29 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Sorry to hear about this jared.

Don't worry about MGTOW. It's irrelevant. You do NOT want to go down that path.

You DO need to get an attorney to establish custody. Make that your priority.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:19 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,643,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
I wouldn't want the mother of a 2yr old yearning for the single life around me.
Exactly. It takes two people to make a marriage work.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:27 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Lawyer up and establish cold custody. Make your daughter the priority. Take time to work through what you've been through and what you're feeling. When dealing with the ex, be polite, be professional and be civil.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:48 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredC View Post
I cried the first couple days. Not so much for my failed relationship but because I know she will take our daughter. I'll miss out on all these days I love, waking up and seeing my daughter each and every morning. Also, what is MGTOW?
Its a bunch of bitter men who hate women.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:50 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
You have the same parental rights to custody. What is stopping you from exercising that privilege?

I must live under a rock...not familiar with both having engagement rings.

Sorry that she chose that upheaval to go chasing this elusive happiness bug. Her unhappiness lays within....
My son had an engagement ring. I thought it was odd too, but I guess that is how it is done now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships