Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 06:14 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,076,510 times

Advertisements

As a late bloomer myself, I would never tell anyone, at least a young guy, that it is a good thing to wait. You only get one time in your life to have sex, or at a minimum fooling around, during your formative high school years. Once it passes you by, the ability to experience intimacy in those years of your life are over, gone. I was raised in a sex=bad, nudity=bad type household during my high school years. I get why my mom was like that, she had sisters and relatives end up pregnant either at the very end of high school or shortly thereafter. Some got married, some didn't. At least half those marriages ended in divorce. I then failed to go away to college, and going to a non-traditional commuter college didn't help me grow in any sort of way. I finally came out of my shell at 19/20 and started to date. Sad to admit, but it took partying with alcohol for me to finally open up and be more social.

I ended up feeling like a complete outcast and dating girls who had been fooling around or having sex since high school just reminded me of what I would never get to experience in life. My only saving grace that I wouldn't die single was finally finding someone I could relate too in this aspect. While it is nice to have a spouse, she isn't willing to have children so we are and forever will be a DINK family. I didn't want to do the single dad thing so I made the decision to stay with my wife after she confessed (seven years after getting married) that she could never deal with raising children. Life is easy for sure, but sometimes it gets a bit boring.

For those who want to raise their kids to wait, seriously consider the consequences of doing that. If you end up with a "good kid" who actually does what you say, you could really warp how they view intimacy and human sexuality.

Old 12-31-2016, 06:36 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,604,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
One of my favorite couples was a co-worker and his wife. He was 28 when they married. She was 13. And as an adult women she was quite clear the best thing that ever happened to her was her husband. Sure enough she had a kid at 15 was a grandmother before 30 and a great grandmother before 50.

And all lived happily ever after...as strange and as counter cultural as it sounds.

And it worked well in practice. He supported her for 35 years and she now has 20 in supporting him.
How does that even happen? Where did they get married?

Old 12-31-2016, 07:08 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,075 times
Quote:
One of my favorite couples was a co-worker and his wife. He was 28 when they married. She was 13. And as an adult women she was quite clear the best thing that ever happened to her was her husband. Sure enough she had a kid at 15 was a grandmother before 30 and a great grandmother before 50.

And all lived happily ever after...as strange and as counter cultural as it sounds.

And it worked well in practice. He supported her for 35 years and she now has 20 in supporting him.
omg in what world... Are you Doctor Who back from a mission in 11th century China?

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy_317 View Post
That is most likely due to people not using the pill correctly. I see way too many young women who during their teens and 20s love to get smashed drunk. .
Right. Because they aren't mature enough to make the proper decisions regarding sex or alcohol either one. This is about a lack of parenting and the father not being around in so many families.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:00 AM

345 posts, read 276,303 times
Quote:

Isn't this the plot to "Coalminer's Daughter"?

...and she ended up being a world famous country singer!

Old 12-31-2016, 09:06 AM

1,265 posts, read 970,949 times
Unlucky for me, I had no game and wasn't a closer in HS so I didn't pop my cherry until I was 19. I cant say it was bad or good thing, I'm pretty indifferent about it for myself.

Old 12-31-2016, 11:12 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,339,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
How does that even happen? Where did they get married?
Alabama. With parental permission. Was not unusual in the locale. She then had her first kid in the back of a VW bug while caught in a traffic jam on a CA freeway. Led an interesting life.

Hubby was an EE and a veteran.

Old 12-31-2016, 11:13 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,448,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
I read an article yesterday that said the average age of first intercourse is now 15. Please tell me this isnt true!!!! Im no prude, but good grief, most people at 15 are children in every sense of the word!!
If it was true back in the eighties when I was 15 why wouldn't it be true now? And no, I'm not referring to myself.

Old 12-31-2016, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayMoe10 View Post
Isn't this the plot to "Coalminer's Daughter"?

...and she ended up being a world famous country singer!
Actually I think she ended up the Nursing Supervisor in a good sized hospital.

And I would note my mother was 16 when she first started dating my father who was 10 years older than she. She was also however a sophmore in College. They married when she was 18 and I was born when she was 19. She was though a college graduate by then.

Old 12-31-2016, 05:06 PM

345 posts, read 276,303 times
Quote:
Actually I think she ended up the Nursing Supervisor in a good sized hospital.

And I would note my mother was 16 when she first started dating my father who was 10 years older than she. She was also however a sophmore in College. They married when she was 18 and I was born when she was 19. She was though a college graduate by then.
I don't know how old you are but it was more common in previous generations.

Incidentally after seeing Coalminer's Daughter I told my mother I was going to get married at 13. This was the late 70s. My mom was like "um, no...that's not happening."

Old 12-31-2016, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayMoe10 View Post
I don't know how old you are but it was more common in previous generations.

Incidentally after seeing Coalminer's Daughter I told my mother I was going to get married at 13. This was the late 70s. My mom was like "um, no...that's not happening."
I am reasonably old. My mother married in 1937 or so. The other lady married in the early 60s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships