Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 01:39 AM

91 posts, read 53,378 times

Advertisements

I recently started dating a new guy and whenever we talk about hooking up he tells me he doesn't want to use a condom. We both got tested for stds and we are both in the clear. I suggested that we use condoms until I find the right birth control for me. We are not having sex at the moment & I told him about my concerns of him leaving me if I get pregnant and he told me he wouldn't and I would move in with him and marry him one day. He also talks a lot about how cute our kids would be and how we would be a cute family. Is he moving too fast in the relationship or am I just freaking out over nothing? We are both in our early 20s.

Last edited by cupid_stupid; 08-05-2017 at 01:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2017, 01:52 AM

148 posts, read 102,953 times
You need to get on birth control ASAP like tomorrow.

Old 08-05-2017, 02:03 AM

23,164 posts, read 26,118,923 times
Haven't you learned anything?
It's been what? About 4 or 5 months and you still aren't on birth control?
Just don't listen to any promises and keep your legs crossed.

Old 08-05-2017, 02:13 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,175,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Haven't you learned anything?
It's been what? About 4 or 5 months and you still aren't on birth control?
Just don't listen to any promises and keep your legs crossed.
This.

You already had this issue before
Why the sudden change of heart
I think I'm pregnant
If you haven't learned to consistently use birth control by now, if you don't wanna be a single parent, there's no point for the thread.

And of course the guy is moving fast. Given the dates of your last threads, you can't have been with this guy longer than 4 months.

Old 08-05-2017, 06:06 AM

11,380 posts, read 24,385,676 times
If you've been having sex with multiple partners and haven't accepted the fact that YOU need to be responsible for your own reliable birth control, then something is wrong. Sure, some have minor side effects but none are as serious as an unplanned pregnancy.

As far as your partner not wanting to wear condoms, tough. No man likes them. Most women don't enjoy them. Men who are worthy of having sex with you will offer to wear them without your asking.

Raise your standards.

Old 08-05-2017, 06:24 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,322,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
As far as your partner not wanting to wear condoms, tough. No man likes them. Most women don't enjoy them. Men who are worthy of having sex with you will offer to wear them without your asking.

Raise your standards.
Absolutely. Unfortunately many types of feminine birth control are (or can be) unpleasant and unhealthy for women. So guys, wrap that rascal. Why have your lady take unnecessary medicine or utilize devices that can harm her or cause discomfort?

You are not the one who will be going through gestation or abortion or delivering a baby. Get thee to ye apothecary, buy some raincoats and take five seconds to sheathe yourself.

Of course it sounds like the OPs bf is looking to have kids. Then theres the whole question of will he stick around and pull his weight when there are actual babies to care for. Parenting is the hardest thing you'll ever do and many people aren't up to the realities of it, even if they are in love with the idea of it.

Old 08-05-2017, 07:13 AM

8,920 posts, read 7,692,289 times
Both of you are immature.

You are because you STILL have not learned from your mistakes in your last situation. You are still passive about being on birth control and messing around with irresponsible guys.

He is because he has this blasé attitude about safe sex. "Eh if she gets pregnant, I'll just marry her." I mean really? He probably doesn't know the first thing about taking care of children. It's appalling. Is that really somebody you want to be with?

You need to get it together.

Old 08-05-2017, 07:29 AM

23,164 posts, read 26,118,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupid_stupid View Post
I recently started dating a new guy and whenever we talk about hooking up he tells me he doesn't want to use a condom. We both got tested for stds and we are both in the clear. I suggested that we use condoms until I find the right birth control for me. We are not having sex at the moment & I told him about my concerns of him leaving me if I get pregnant and he told me he wouldn't and I would move in with him and marry him one day. He also talks a lot about how cute our kids would be and how we would be a cute family. Is he moving too fast in the relationship or am I just freaking out over nothing? We are both in our early 20s.
If that's how he feels even after this short period of time, then get married now, not one day, and forget the condoms!
Oh, you don't know each other well enough for that?

He's probably gotten away with it so far and just like driving drunk, so many young people always figure "It'll never happen to me".
He's just telling you whatever he has to to get in your pants his way.

Old 08-05-2017, 08:30 AM

9,358 posts, read 6,926,491 times
Plan B should always be plan A.

https://pics.me.me/this-chick-wastes...or-2156438.png

Old 08-05-2017, 08:39 AM

1,265 posts, read 967,738 times
Use the other hole then...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships