Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 01:01 PM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odin77 View Post
I think student organizations may be my best bet at this point. Even if I think it's still only a small chance that I'll meet anyone worthwhile through them, it's probably a better option than online. I need to do something girl in order to increase my visibility. The more I think about it, the more I realize that barely any women know I exist at all.
Honestly there's no reason for a college student to be using OLD. At no time in your life will you ever be surrounded by more people your own age and at the same stage of life--nobody's going to be married or have kids. You can make it work, as long as you put yourself out there. Have fun, be safe, and be realistic--you're probably not going to meet an underwear model who likes everything that you like.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 08-19-2017 at 01:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2017, 01:24 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Honestly there's no reason for a college student to be using OLD. At no time in your life will you ever be surrounded by more people your own age and at the same stage of life--nobody's going to be married or have kids. You can make it work, as long as you put yourself out there. Have fun, be safe, and be realistic--you're probably not going to meet an underwear model who likes everything that you like.
Eh, I'm a big proponent of using OLD regardless.

Also, I feel like it generally depends on the college as well. If it's a commuter school, it isn't always easy. If it's a dorm style college where everyone lives together on campus, or just outside of it, then it makes it easier to meet people.

Old 10-17-2017, 04:58 PM

92 posts, read 48,409 times
Default October 2017 Update

In light of recent events, I'd like to provide an update. I did end up meeting a girl about two weeks into this current semester. She was quite attractive (arguably the most attractive I've been with so far), was into the same music as me, and also was not one of those annoying hipster types either. I had her a few times over the past month or so. Last Saturday, my band happened to be playing at a local bar, so I thought I'd invite her to see us play. She arrived while the opening act was playing, and she kissed me as soon as she saw me. However, as she went to get herself a drink I noticed she had brought another guy to the show, someone I had no prior idea about. As they both sat together rather closely, I realized what was going on. This woman had the audacity to bring her other lover to my show, to which she was coming to watch my band. I was not going to tolerate seeing them together in the audience while I was performing, that would have been humiliating.

I walked back over to them both, sizing up my competition in the process. I introduced myself to this fellow, making sure he was aware of my presence. After a few minutes, he lead this girl outside, apparently to discuss something. She told me that she would be right back. After a few minutes, I went outside too to see what was going on. Looking back on it, I feel he sensed my anger, as I heard him say to that girl that he was going to leave and then pick her up later. Then, right in front of me, he kissed her. At once I lunged at the bastard, grabbed him by the collar, and struck him squarely in the jaw several times at full power with my right fist. He then fled with terror in his eyes, the ***** trailing behind him. Following that incident, it's safe to say I'm never going to talk to that woman again.

Although I certainly do not regret what I did, part of me wonders if such actions are a manifestation of my own frustrations with women. All the ones I've done anything with have never picked me in the end, someone else usually claims them from under my nose. A very good friend of mine once said to me that the reason why this happens is because I have a sort of all-or-nothing mentality about it. In his words, I treat every situation with a woman coming my way as if that's the last one I'll ever meet. Following this, I'm starting to believe him. I've still not had a proper girlfriend, and every woman that doesn't pick me in the end just makes me more and more frustrated. Every time I get into a situation which could result in a relationship, I feel so much pressure to try and make it work out, to finally lock that down. Women who would pick me in the end must be extremely rare, I'm beginning to realize. I've also completely lost faith in the ones in my town, they're all a bunch of dumb whores anyway.

The fight, however, was magnificent. The coward crumpled under the sheer weight of my blows, failing to return even a single hit.

Old 10-17-2017, 07:59 PM

212 posts, read 159,401 times
Quote:
In light of recent events, I'd like to provide an update. I did end up meeting a girl about two weeks into this current semester. She was quite attractive (arguably the most attractive I've been with so far), was into the same music as me, and also was not one of those annoying hipster types either. I had her a few times over the past month or so. Last Saturday, my band happened to be playing at a local bar, so I thought I'd invite her to see us play. She arrived while the opening act was playing, and she kissed me as soon as she saw me. However, as she went to get herself a drink I noticed she had brought another guy to the show, someone I had no prior idea about. As they both sat together rather closely, I realized what was going on. This woman had the audacity to bring her other lover to my show, to which she was coming to watch my band. I was not going to tolerate seeing them together in the audience while I was performing, that would have been humiliating.

I walked back over to them both, sizing up my competition in the process. I introduced myself to this fellow, making sure he was aware of my presence. After a few minutes, he lead this girl outside, apparently to discuss something. She told me that she would be right back. After a few minutes, I went outside too to see what was going on. Looking back on it, I feel he sensed my anger, as I heard him say to that girl that he was going to leave and then pick her up later. Then, right in front of me, he kissed her. At once I lunged at the bastard, grabbed him by the collar, and struck him squarely in the jaw several times at full power with my right fist. He then fled with terror in his eyes, the ***** trailing behind him. Following that incident, it's safe to say I'm never going to talk to that woman again.

Although I certainly do not regret what I did, part of me wonders if such actions are a manifestation of my own frustrations with women. All the ones I've done anything with have never picked me in the end, someone else usually claims them from under my nose. A very good friend of mine once said to me that the reason why this happens is because I have a sort of all-or-nothing mentality about it. In his words, I treat every situation with a woman coming my way as if that's the last one I'll ever meet. Following this, I'm starting to believe him. I've still not had a proper girlfriend, and every woman that doesn't pick me in the end just makes me more and more frustrated. Every time I get into a situation which could result in a relationship, I feel so much pressure to try and make it work out, to finally lock that down. Women who would pick me in the end must be extremely rare, I'm beginning to realize. I've also completely lost faith in the ones in my town, they're all a bunch of dumb whores anyway.

The fight, however, was magnificent. The coward crumpled under the sheer weight of my blows, failing to return even a single hit.
If it comes to this dating is way more trouble than it's worth but I hope you succeed so you don't end up like me.

Old 10-17-2017, 08:12 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
I had her a few times over the past month or so.
What does this ^^^ mean?

Quote:
Last Saturday, my band happened to be playing at a local bar, so I thought I'd invite her to see us play. She arrived while the opening act was playing, and she kissed me as soon as she saw me. However, as she went to get herself a drink I noticed she had brought another guy to the show, someone I had no prior idea about. As they both sat together rather closely, I realized what was going on. This woman had the audacity to bring her other lover to my show, to which she was coming to watch my band. I was not going to tolerate seeing them together in the audience while I was performing, that would have been humiliating.

Wow.

Congrats on being the least chill pothead ever.

I mean, you seriously blew it. Overreacting, taking yourself too seriously, all in one fell swoop.

The world doesn't promise us anything. You have serious problems. Get over yourself. And get help. This ^^ is not cool.

Old 10-17-2017, 09:42 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
Sucker punching someone who did nothing to you makes you look crazy, FYI.

Old 10-18-2017, 06:30 AM

Location: Removing a snake out of the neighbor's washing machine
3,095 posts, read 2,040,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screami View Post
If it comes to this dating is way more trouble than it's worth but I hope you succeed so you don't end up like me.
And that is why, because of what happened in post #63, I keep telling young & single folk to give it to GOD!

Old 10-18-2017, 07:26 AM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandK-Man View Post
And that is why, because of what happened in post #63, I keep telling young & single folk to give it to GOD!
Don't be continuing to give bad advice (unless your plan is to keep them single forever, lol).

Old 10-18-2017, 07:39 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandK-Man View Post
Give *it* to God?

Kinky!

Old 10-18-2017, 07:49 AM

17 posts, read 11,090 times
Quote:

I think it is actually not that uncommon to not having had a proper girlfriend at your age. I think you should just relax and enjoy the time. Of course you can try to get to know more women or something, but just take it slow and don't worry so much! You have plenty of time to find someone to spend your life with
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships