Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 05:31 PM

307 posts, read 313,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think you're slipping a bit into denial here. I've seen it a millions times, every time someone lays out some information that the OP doesn't really want to hear then the defending and back tracking comes in.

You really can stay with the guy or not and I don't mean this harshly I and other don't have a dog in the fight. If you're happy with the situation you're in, which I doubt because of thread creation than that is fine. It just feels like you're not getting treated as well as you could be. The references to other women more than you're comfortable with and the other things your mentioned. I think he's keeping you on the backburner, truth be told.

I hope I'm wrong and I wish the best for you. It give me much more pleasure to hear good stories than bad ones. Hopefully your story is a good one....
no im not in denial lol. I just don't understand his behaviour. truthfully if it was me and I'm not into a person, it's happened before I don't engage with that person at all regardless if they initiate, if they want to meet up I'd say im busy all thr time I wouldn't meet the person even once. but obviously he still sees me.

but ye I understand what you're saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think you're slipping a bit into denial here. I've seen it a millions times, every time someone lays out some information that the OP doesn't really want to hear then the defending and back tracking comes in.

You really can stay with the guy or not and I don't mean this harshly I and other don't have a dog in the fight. If you're happy with the situation you're in, which I doubt because of thread creation than that is fine. It just feels like you're not getting treated as well as you could be. The references to other women more than you're comfortable with and the other things your mentioned. I think he's keeping you on the backburner, truth be told.

I hope I'm wrong and I wish the best for you. It give me much more pleasure to hear good stories than bad ones. Hopefully your story is a good one....
and again this is just me but even I mention other guys to him..not.quite the same way as him but I'll tell him if I get interest.from other guys etc... just.to see his reaction and usually what he says is give me some better competition than that..he.will basically insult every single guy I mention an say thyre nothing and to find someone better he can compete with

Old 08-16-2017, 05:55 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Oh I don't know, as soon as he said if you dressed better he'd act better, or he'll find someone to help you, maybe you should've told him to GTFO. It doesn't matter if he acts like he's kidding, find a guy who says nice things to you!

Old 08-16-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Oh I don't know, as soon as he said if you dressed better he'd act better, or he'll find someone to help you, maybe you should've told him to GTFO. It doesn't matter if he acts like he's kidding, find a guy who says nice things to you!
yea you're right I don't kno whats wrong with.with.him but he has said it before. he keeps mentioning this one.specific girl aswell and how great she dresses and how I need her help it really annoys me as I don't even lik the.girl.

even guys i barely known two seconds say nicer.. things to me than he does. for example one guy I met randomly within thr day I met him he said I was.beautiful...something iv never heard the other one say. its.iso weird. yet he expects me.to compliment.him 24/7. hl be lik what so you think of my.body ..my photo. totally.totally self obsessed. n then I think I'm gettin tired.from giving all of that to him bt gettin nothing back lik.wtf

Old 08-16-2017, 10:32 PM

1,704 posts, read 2,323,042 times
OP he totally disrespected you.

Don't buy the half joking b.s. That was his passive aggressive cowardly way to let you know how he truly feels. He is not that physically attracted to you.

You absolutely did the right thing by telling that jerk to get lost. If he cared about losing you, he would of been crying, begging, that he was sorry.

His actions and words of "good luck" show how much he values you.

Old 08-17-2017, 01:30 AM

2 posts, read 695 times
How old are you?

Old 08-17-2017, 01:43 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy 87 View Post
he comes out with if only these women would go for me but unfortunately i dont have evrything to offer them
Right there he's telling you he thinks you're the best he can get even though you're not good enough.
You happy knowing he's just keeping you around until somebody better comes along?

Old 08-17-2017, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
OP he totally disrespected you.

Don't buy the half joking b.s. That was his passive aggressive cowardly way to let you know how he truly feels. He is not that physically attracted to you.

You absolutely did the right thing by telling that jerk to get lost. If he cared about losing you, he would of been crying, begging, that he was sorry.

His actions and words of "good luck" show how much he values you.
he's said it before a few times, I usually take it as the clothes I wear are not to his taste not that he doesn't like my face..whereas clothes is something that can b changed ..I dunno n also when I'm with him even when I'm not doing anything he gets physically aroused
n im just like hiw the hell did tht happen

thr first time I got angry with him he did try to make the situation better and say let's go away but this time i thjnk thr pride kicked in. but either way I found it rude him saying I should get clothes advice from that other girl for that alone it's ok what I did so you're right there

Old 08-17-2017, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladislava95 View Post
How old are you?
in my mid twenties

Old 08-17-2017, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Right there he's telling you he thinks you're the best he can get even though you're not good enough.
You happy knowing he's just keeping you around until somebody better comes along?
that day earlier on we were talking about my ex and something the ex did and he kept looking at me saying you look really upset and sad even though that wasn't thr case it wss in his head lol. I thought maybe it was something to do with that I dunno
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships