Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 02:06 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times

Advertisements

I don't bring many back to the ranch that I don't already know. I don't do it for FWBs because they are too flighty of risk, such as the wife he didn't tell me about taking it out on me by throwing a car battery through my windows.

I would probably do it, though, for someone I met through OLD.............................But should I?

"This ranch, this house, these cars........all of this are yours???".

I tend not to be impressed that much by wealth and just take it as is, but are other people like that?

Should I be concerned who I let see my home life, how much I let them see?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 02:44 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,480,798 times
I would say get to know the person first. Golddiggers are a thing and you don't want to risk someone falling for your stuff instead of you.

Old 08-16-2017, 03:18 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Rich heiress, ex CIA type... belly dancer... hangs out with the beautiful younger crowd....

I think you may be just too much for the average man.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-16-2017, 04:14 PM

20,382 posts, read 14,651,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Rich heiress, ex CIA type... belly dancer... hangs out with the beautiful younger crowd....

While it sounds like enough fancy stuff to be hard to believe, I do know people who would push the limits of one's imagination with the endowments and gifts that fortune has granted them in life. Sometimes when one amazing thing is there, the rest follow. I wouldn't find it shocking, to find that a woman had a job in intelligence, met a man who made a lot of money (like she probably did at the same time, and would be in higher income social circles) and he passed and left her quite a bit. At any point, anyone can take up bellydancing for fitness and recreation. I know plenty of ladies who do (and a few men!)

But what I would say, is for this person probably not to use online dating. Such a person should have plenty of social opportunities. Shmooze with a crowd with similarly glimmering prospects, find someone of your own socioeconomic status, and then you don't need to worry about them getting dollar-signs in their eyes when they see how you live.

At a minimum, in anything like your situation, I would date someone for quite a while and get a sense of how they work, earn, and spend...and I would not date those who are unstable, make poor life choices, or present significant risk.

I'm just trying to take it all at face value here, which I normally do in these forums, I don't have the energy or inclination to try and call people liars when I can't even look 'em in the eyes...and I've been in situations some would find pretty unbelievable too. *shrug*

Old 08-16-2017, 04:23 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post

But what I would say, is for this person probably not to use online dating. Such a person should have plenty of social opportunities. Shmooze with a crowd with similarly glimmering prospects, find someone of your own socioeconomic status, and then you don't need to worry about them getting dollar-signs in their eyes when they see how you live.

I would recommend this too.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-16-2017, 05:03 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

Yeah, it's the Internet baby!!! People can be anything that they want to be. Been here way way long enough to see that unfold many many times. It's always funny when you catch people saying contradictory things.

LOL. If the OP wants to hide her fortune, fine, all the better for her/him.

I've always said if I won 20 million in the lotto you'd never know it by the way I'd still dress. I might drive a bit nicer car and I might have a bit nicer house, but all still fully in the middle class realm. I might enjoy a bit more of that expensive craft beer, who knows, maybe some Pellegrino water in stead of tap?? I keep it real over here.

Last edited by Chowhound; 08-16-2017 at 05:27 PM..

Old 08-16-2017, 07:08 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times
Sorry, I was out at my belly dancing class.

Well, when one has about $450G in house and land, plus more in other things, I would call that rich. I don't live like I have thousands to spend, as one brother observed "I don't see any vacations in Aruba", however.

It's not Pellegrino water instead of tap, it's well water instead of tap. I live a quiet life out in the country, which among other things, is necessary if one lives out in the country. If one moved to the country being the kind who needed, oh I can't resist......"The chores, THE STORES! Fresh Air, TIMES SQUARE!", they would very quickly go bonkers.

Sorry, single all my life, living the quiet life, and not changed too terribly much by the inheritance. Not too much for it has been from apartments to a house, from the city to the country, from one car to two, and infrastructure,infrastructure, infrastructure.

Hence, as Sonic_Spork put it:
Quote:
Assuming that I do have plenty of social opportunities, I wouldn't know how to recognize them, wouldn't know how to use them. Of course, being a graveyard shift worker doesn't help the matters. To say nothing about that most of those in my age range have already gone through all of what it means to be married. I don't have that prospective of life. I sort of see it with my girlfriends who are divorced or such, of how it appears the men they have treat them as high maintenance, that those men are the kind who would fly them down to Aruba for a weekend...................and these concepts are foreign to me.

So for me, it's OLD for nothing else really has ever panned out.

Old 08-16-2017, 07:35 PM

581 posts, read 456,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post

Should I be concerned who I let see my home life, how much I let them see?
Absolutely. If you have serious money, the worst thing you can do is advertise it.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:46 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,447,211 times
You need to find another nice rancher who understands.

It's not like you're super wealthy, just comfortable. I wouldn't invite strangers home until they were thoroughly vetted through mutual friends and a basic background check.

Start joining organizations that farmers attend. Find a day job. Get involved in your local community. Make friends with an older couple or two in your area so they can make introductions the old fashioned way.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:16 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
I actually have no rich friends who work the graveyard shift. Actually, none of them even work shifts. None of them belly dance either. Strange.

Is $450G in house and land now considered rich somewhere in the US? Where I live it wouldn't even get a condo. Even in Texas, I can't see how a $450G property would have a potential suitor rubbing his hands together in contemplation of how to knock you off to get their hands at your rich heiress' fortune. Where are you meeting men, that you would suspect that they are no good once they lay eyes on all your wealth?

I'm afraid I don't understand where these concerns are coming from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships