Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 03:27 PM

2,007 posts, read 2,903,046 times

Advertisements

What most gets me is women in bad relationships, controlling relationships, hanging on because they fear they'll be lonely/won't get married/have kids. I think I need to stop reading this topic. Too depressing. I had several boyfriends, guy friends and a wonderful husband and yes we had/have our ups and downs but I don't think I've ever know anyone like the utter jerks and losers I see women writing about on here. Or if I did, I steered far away. Please don't be so desperate and weak ladies! Obviously seeing this from a female perspective. I know there are not so great women out there as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 03:39 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,390,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksvillemom View Post
What most gets me is women in bad relationships, controlling relationships, hanging on because they fear they'll be lonely/won't get married/have kids. I think I need to stop reading this topic. Too depressing. I had several boyfriends, guy friends and a wonderful husband and yes we had/have our ups and downs but I don't think I've ever know anyone like the utter jerks and losers I see women writing about on here. Or if I did, I steered far away. Please don't be so desperate and weak ladies! Obviously seeing this from a female perspective. I know there are not so great women out there as well.
Well generally on a forum like this, those who are in dysfunctional relationships are self selecting sub population. Venting will happen.

Old 08-24-2017, 03:40 PM

1,265 posts, read 970,683 times
I get sad...realizing the idiots my mom told me about really do exist!

Old 08-24-2017, 03:41 PM

20,757 posts, read 19,951,234 times
We are here for the drama. Makes me feel very normal.

Old 08-24-2017, 03:41 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
Yes, I do, then I step outside... then I get depressed from that as well. I've known friends who either got themselves into controlling relationships or some really bad situations. And there's not much we can do about it. All we can do is try to live our best lives and be there when they need us. We must also set boundaries, too.

Old 08-24-2017, 03:46 PM

1,265 posts, read 970,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
We are here for the drama. Makes me feel very normal.
...or maybe they are the normal ones and we are the idiots?

Old 08-24-2017, 03:57 PM

20,363 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand McLovin View Post
...or maybe they are the normal ones and we are the idiots?
I don't think that one is normal or an idiot. I think that one can be abnormal and...enlightened. Or at least closer to it.

I'm here so that whenever someone says, "This is the way the world works, it's always like this, it's just nature, it's how men are, how women are, how life is, and if you don't agree with me you're in denial of reality!"...when they say that...I gotta be one of those who indignantly proclaims, "Nuh uh!"

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Oh, also, I argued with myself a while about coming back here, as ugly as it was back in...2015?..when I left. But I decided those "depressing" voices, not just the women, but the many troubled, lonely, frustrated, or dysfunctional men too...maybe need some counterweight. Ya know, it might just be worthwhile, even if occasionally it tries my patience, to be one of the ones who shares a HAPPY story of things generally working out, or speaks from a perspective that is not all effed up, bitter, miserable. I try, anyways.

Old 08-24-2017, 04:25 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
Depressed isn't the word I would choose, neither is suprised once I have spent enough time seeing posts from some of the users here.

Old 08-24-2017, 04:36 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
Not at all. A lot of the people who chat here do so to get frustrations out of their system or ask questions about what went wrong, how to move on, etc. sometimes they also just want to be nasty toward the opposite gender. This would be depressing if it were the norm for all relationships everywhere but it probably isn't. All relationships have their struggles but some people quietly go about working through it and do so without drawing attention to themselves.

More importantly, this place isn't representative of my relationship. We don't define ourselves by our struggles and we don't emdefine each other by the others' shortcomings. It's nothing like the dumpster fires often on display here. There's no reason for me to be depressed.

Old 08-24-2017, 04:39 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,341,120 times
Some of the women just don't learn. They ditch the decent guy 'cause they prefer the bad boy. Well, when that bad boy beats on you, cheats on you, and walks on you, I say, don't come crying and seeking sympathy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships