Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 08:23 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,615,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningPoeFrost View Post
You gotta love these forums. People feel bold enough to ask rhetorical questions that they would NEVER say if that person were actually standing in front of them.
I don't think it's particularly bold, and I certainly do it in real life. If an elderly person I knew started talking down young people, I would certainly ask if the young people in his life acted the same way he is describing. Nothing rhetorical about it. I typically try to poke holes in unfair stereotypes propagated by people who lack insight and direct experience with those groups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2017, 08:44 AM

26,683 posts, read 41,560,654 times
Different approaches for different people. IE my roommates. One is a Tinder pro who is an ace in hooking up with Tinderellas. Another is more of a wooing guy. Both roads lead to sex and neither is wrong.

Old 09-01-2017, 09:01 AM

65 posts, read 32,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I was going to say this, but didn't, in my earlier post, but I see our irrepressible Zennie said it for me.

Why do you ask, OP? Toying with the idea of putting yourself back out there, at some point?
Go for it! This new generation could teach you a thing or two.

Old 09-01-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
I'll be 49 in two weeks. I am not a prude and have absolutely no moral issue with one night stands or hookups, it's just not right for me.

I may be old fashioned in this, but I do still believe if I genuinely like a woman and hope to spend time with her doing things beyond just knocking boots, that courting her and earning her trust and affection is a worthwhile approach.

To me that's the difference between romance and scratching an itch.

Is this considered ridiculous now? I am sure I am not alone in this.

Do you have kids? You sound like you are a good father. Right thinking to teach us kids.

Old 09-01-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyhandschrump View Post
No, I don't waste my time with primitive rituals. If she's not putting out within the first week, another one will. Thankfully, men are getting smarter and aren't wasting money and time on dates like men of older generations did.
How crude. I hope you don't have a daughter. Imagine another man telling her to put it out or he'll find another woman will

Old 09-01-2017, 09:20 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,767,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHold'em View Post
How crude. I hope you don't have a daughter. Imagine another man telling her to put it out or he'll find another woman will

Eh, its crude, but both sexes do it. I've seen no shortage of women that have declined third dates or whatever because they guy didn't even try to bone em.

Each to their own, but I still see plenty of courting and romance, it just comes after the baseline attraction and compatibility has been established. The courting comes when courting for an actual monogamous or committed relationship.

Old 09-01-2017, 10:09 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,339,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Eh, its crude, but both sexes do it. I've seen no shortage of women that have declined third dates or whatever because they guy didn't even try to bone em.

Each to their own, but I still see plenty of courting and romance, it just comes after the baseline attraction and compatibility has been established. The courting comes when courting for an actual monogamous or committed relationship.
Yep. I had several dates that were all about romance and courting. I certainly wasn't against casual dating and ONS at one point in time, but enjoyed wooing and romance with actual matches/compatible partners. I dated quite a few guys that were hopeful romantics and were very sincere about their interest. Romance definitely isn't out of style.

Old 09-01-2017, 10:09 AM

1 posts, read 576 times
Direct answer : No. It's gone in Europe.

I was traveling totally over 10 years through the world.
I used to live in Europe & former USSR nations.
Now I am traveling Balkan countries.

After Google & Facebook had become popular, people
around the world started to be less romantic and
political, especially women. Out of control.

Old 09-01-2017, 10:33 AM

88,139 posts, read 84,005,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
I'll be 49 in two weeks. I am not a prude and have absolutely no moral issue with one night stands or hookups, it's just not right for me.

I may be old fashioned in this, but I do still believe if I genuinely like a woman and hope to spend time with her doing things beyond just knocking boots, that courting her and earning her trust and affection is a worthwhile approach.

To me that's the difference between romance and scratching an itch.

Is this considered ridiculous now? I am sure I am not alone in this.
No. It's not ridiculous at all.

Old 09-01-2017, 10:51 AM

26,683 posts, read 41,560,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHold'em View Post
Said daughter would not be a helpless victim like you are portraying. She would have a choice in that instance unless dude is pointing a weapon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships